Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #31
bjcaed
Earning My Ears

Quick question, on you WDW day did you arrive in time for opening? We really want to ride Toy Story and Rock'n Roller Coaster first and then head to MK but we know that means beating the crowd to fast passes
bjcaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #32
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy

This isn't what our cards looked like (at least mine) for the rotations. We did not have an 'O' in the rotations. And I know my rotation was different than any of these.
The O was for open seating and supposedly wasn't assigned a specific dining room. Did they not have something on your card indicating that? What was your dining rotation?

This was from a different thread that came from their TA about dining rotations. It will be nice to hear from those that actually sailed on this itinerary. Everything so far is speculation and rumors.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
rkbk03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
The O was for open seating and supposedly wasn't assigned a specific dining room. Did they not have something on your card indicating that? What was your dining rotation?

This was from a different thread that came from their TA about dining rotations. It will be nice to hear from those that actually sailed on this itinerary. Everything so far is speculation and rumors.
Mine was APPLAPLA (the 2nd A was WDW day, but as someone else said, although the card said that, it was open seating).
rkbk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #34
IFlossU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbk03

Mine was APPLAPLA (the 2nd A was WDW day, but as someone else said, although the card said that, it was open seating).
Thank you for posting this. Hoping to hear more about this cruise.

(38) (41) (5) (3)
IFlossU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #36
Our 2 Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ours said P not O. Wonderful cruise!!
6/04 POR 2/11 Wonder
6/05 Wonder 4/12 Offsite
Our 2 Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
Irelandsmom
Earning My Ears

Tips

We just got off the ship. It was amazing and we had a great time. If you are on the 7:15 bus to HS, it's a real waste of time because we spent a half an hour standing in line waiting for the park to open- and they opened 15 minutes early that day! So you might wait up to 45 minutes. Also if you are taking disneys transportation to hotel Galvez - it really seemed to be put together at the last minute, even though we booked it months in advance. They basically grabbed a taxi for us off the street. The taxi bill came to $180 but we had paid $30 each in advance. We didn't owe him anything extra (Disney took care of it) but we did tip him.
Best excursion: parasailing!
Worst excursion: conch tour + museums in key west. The tour was not on a trolley but instead on a long passenger train with some seats in each car facing backwards and having zero legroom. Most uncomfortable tour ever. We couldn't see much because we were looking backwards the whole time, with our hair blowing backwards into our face. The shipwreck museum would have been interesting except there was no ventilation and smelled very musty and we had to leave because my MIL started to have an asthma attack. Would not recommend for anyone with asthma or breathing difficulties. Finally, the aquarium was interesting and we enjoyed it. We were able to get very close to sharks and there were some hands on exhibits where you could touch the sea life. If I could do it over, I would take the FREE trolley that leaves the ship and takes you into town and do some shopping and see the aquarium.
Irelandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousseauMob View Post
What is a "Friendship boat"?
Ferries running between DHS and Epcot. I think it stopped at the Swan, Boardwalk, and Beach Club resorts en route. If you're exiting DHS, the ferry dock is to the left outside the main gate; it takes about 20 minutes or so to make it to Epcot, and docks near the "back entrance" of Epcot, the International Gateway, between the UK and France. We wanted to go straight to the World Showcase anyway, so it worked great for us.

I'd read that it's possible to walk from DHS to Epcot in about as long as it takes the ferry... but with two little kids, an early morning, and a long day ahead, we were happy to ride and relax for a bit!!
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #39
NikkiFB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelandsmom View Post
We just got off the ship. It was amazing and we had a great time. If you are on the 7:15 bus to HS, it's a real waste of time because we spent a half an hour standing in line waiting for the park to open- and they opened 15 minutes early that day! So you might wait up to 45 minutes.

Worst excursion: conch tour + museums in key west. The tour was not on a trolley but instead on a long passenger train with some seats in each car facing backwards and having zero legroom. Most uncomfortable tour ever.
We had the opposite experience at DHS... with our Disney Jr. character breakfast reservation, they let us in and we were able to start our breakfast before the park opened. After getting such an early start, we were ready for some real food anyway!

It's too bad your conch train tour was so bad. We did a "wait and see" and ended up getting our own tickets for the trolley tour when we got there.

If anyone else is thinking about it, getting the tickets was really easy; the ticket booth is RIGHT THERE where the free shuttle drops you (in fact it's the same company) and it was less than $30/adult and free for kids under 12. It didn't include any museums, but they did have discount packages that included museum entrance. We mostly wanted the option of hopping on and off, which the Disney excursion didn't allow. We hopped off at the Southernmost Point and did a bit of shopping and took some pics; the only frustrating part was the wait for a shuttle to take back into "town." We also just felt like we didn't have enough time in Key West!!!
NikkiFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #40
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4EEYORE View Post
I saw this posted on another thread, hope this is what you were asking.

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP
*The O is WDW day and they will not have rotational dining that night.

L= Lumieres
A= Artist Palate
P= Parrot Cay
So, other than not having the "O", were these the different rotations? Or did anyone get something different? How was the weather out at sea?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #41
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I have them all & a scanner but it may be Monday before I can get to it.
Thank you!! I hope you guys had a wonderful time!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #42
IFlossU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiFB

We had the opposite experience at DHS... with our Disney Jr. character breakfast reservation, they let us in and we were able to start our breakfast before the park opened. After getting such an early start, we were ready for some real food anyway!

It's too bad your conch train tour was so bad. We did a "wait and see" and ended up getting our own tickets for the trolley tour when we got there.

If anyone else is thinking about it, getting the tickets was really easy; the ticket booth is RIGHT THERE where the free shuttle drops you (in fact it's the same company) and it was less than $30/adult and free for kids under 12. It didn't include any museums, but they did have discount packages that included museum entrance. We mostly wanted the option of hopping on and off, which the Disney excursion didn't allow. We hopped off at the Southernmost Point and did a bit of shopping and took some pics; the only frustrating part was the wait for a shuttle to take back into "town." We also just felt like we didn't have enough time in Key West!!!
Thanks for info on Key West. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with our short time there.

In regard to breakfast on the WDW day, was Topsiders or room service available earlier for people leaving on the 7:15 buses? Your post made me realize there may not be many food options that early in the morning.

(38) (41) (5) (3)
IFlossU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

We too are debating what to do for the Key West day. Anyone who stayed on the ship - were there any promotions? Maybe spa deals?
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #44
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiFB

Thanks for the information on Key West. I was wondering if the ship tour allowed to hop on\ off. Do you remember what time the trolley started running?

I wish that the Key West stop was longer as well or they docked later in the morning and stayed into later afternoon.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

I can't wait to see a full Navigator with all the on board activities listed. I hope those who were on this cruise had a wonderful time! I know a lot of us have been eagerly awaiting your return.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: