Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #1816
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
It is chilly and icy here in North Carolina tonight so I thought I'd think warm thoughts by posting a quick review of our BC CL stay.

*snip*

BC is the perfect hotel for my family (although I wish it would be a bit cheaper even with an AP discount)! Can't wait to return!
Thanks so much for sharing your review! (Even though I cut it in the reply). Glad you had a great stay, sorry to hear your daughter didn't feel well, but I'm glad that didn't last for very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Good morning from my new favorite resort YC!!!!

We arrived a little after midnight in a pixie dusted Tahoe - I rented a regular SUV and Alamo upgraded us. Love the extra space and comfort!!

Check in was a little frustrating. The cm was unsure of everything and couldn't confirm our dining plan, told me gold keys don't exist, and just about had a heart attack when I asked him to use my gift cards. Our luggage got to our room before we did. He also insisted on giving my 11 year old charging privileges when I said no. I was too tired to fight so I just went with it and first thing this morning the wonderful club level cm redid everything and magically the gold cards appeared!! And dd no longer has charging privileges, sorry darling!!!

The room? Love it! View is Sab and boardwalk. Spectacular!!! No issues whatsoever. I'm in heaven.

Had breakfast in the lounge and getting ready to go get ds haircut at mk barber shop. Dinner tonight is BOG

Thank you for all of your well wishes, only you folks could understand what I was going through!
I am so relieved and THRILLED you have arrived safely at the YC! Glad your experience has been positive so far.

I want to say that your attitude has been awesome through all of the turmoil in the past couple of days! Finding a silver lining is sometimes the only thing you can do when you have no control over a situation.

Bummer you had to check in downstairs- I'm guessing it was after 10 PM or whenever the CL CMs are off duty. Glad things were corrected for you today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Jedi Training. Thoughts? Sign-up tips/tricks? I don't suppose this is something IPO could help me with......
I know you got one answer about this. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is something IPO can do. I think you just have to go nice and early to sign up, but I haven't been involved in Jedi Training. When my son did it, it was still when they selected from the audience.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #1817
pas130
DIS Veteran

Dee IMO you've done a FAB job on all the BC/YC/BCV FAQ threads And the whole Stormalong Bay family sure does help!! It can be natural to go off topic, but I enjoy it...again JMHO. Everyone here has been kind to me, and I've gotten my questions answered when needed! Thanks!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #1818
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yes, I'm here!

I do feel like we are all part of a wonderful family. We are very lucky to have all of the people who post to this thread frequently.

It saddens me when people are disappointed with the content of the thread. I personally try very hard to get the answers people are looking for as quickly as possible and to make sure the first page of the thread is updated with the most current information available.
I am guilty of occasionally missing questions and I am definitely guilty of going off topic, but I always go through the thread, when I have time, and bump up
the questions that haven't been answered.

I am also very proud that this thread rarely goes negative, and I would appreciate everyones help in that mission.
Thanks!

Dee

You have answered all my ?'s very quickly, you do an amazing job. Some people are never happy
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #1819
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyia View Post
I've gathered that going to DTD from BC is best done by cab. We have DD3 who will require a carseat.

1. Can BC guest svc get us a cab with a carseat?
2. When returning from DTD back to BC how do you arrange for the return trip with carseat?
3. Is there a specified area at DTD for pick up and drop off?
4. Anyone think we should just use the BC bus and forego can altogether?
Great question!!! Does anyone have any experience with needing/using a car seat in a taxi cab?

Is it Mears that does all of the taxi service at Disney? I wonder if you could get the phone number and call the company yourself while you are at DTD and tell them you need transport with a car seat and arrange where and when they should meet you.

This link is from the first post on Page 1 of this thread (Under Transportation)-it gives the phone numbers of various cab companies and estimates the fare from BC to DTD as $11.44 each way:

Here is one website link to help you determine the estimated cabfare from point to point during your trip: Taxi Fare Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Following on your suggestion, here is a question based on a call I just had with a cm. We have a bc trip scheduled for may. We were giving various room requests (high floor, etc), and when we asked about an Epcot view (we are in gv), they said theme park view is a higher price separate category. I said "thanks but no thanks" - is that info correct regarding view?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
That sounds wrong. At BC, there is no bookable theme park view, like at GF, Poly & CR. You might have an obstructed view of Illuminations, but no real Epcot view to speak of.

ETA: you could probably word your request as "view of woods closest to Epcot requested."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
I agree- theme park view is not a bookable category at BC/YC. DannysMom's suggestion sounds good.

Try calling again!!! I would also suggest following up about 10 days to a week before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Background Info: DD6 is a good swimmer and last week during swim lessons did the whole length of the pool without a floatie. However, even with continuous swim lessons we as always need to keep a good eye on her. I am still bringing her floatie because we are not permitting her in deep water without the floatie and a close eye OR her without a floatie and DH or I with her.

1. Does anyone else have some good spots by SB where I can keep an eye on DD6, but it's not that noisy? The sandy space is to "little kid" for her.
2. I know she will love the pool slide, but how noisy is it over by this section?
3. For anyone who has gone in June, how crowded will the pool be (scale 1 - 10; 10 being insane)?
4. With the chance of My Disney Experience being in place by our June trip has anyone heard if the bracelet will work for admission into SB or will we have to wear two bracelets?
Bump!

Not sure of the answers to your questions. Hopefully we will hear more info about the bracelets as your trip gets closer.

A friend who checked into BW yesterday was told that resort would be the first to switchover to the bands/bracelets soon.

Last edited by natebenma; 01-27-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #1820
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Excuse my ignorance as I'm fairly new to this thread but is Teena the very nice lady who greets people as they arrive at the Beach Club?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #1821
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Excuse my ignorance as I'm fairly new to this thread but is Teena the very nice lady who greets people as they arrive at the Beach Club?
Yes, she is!!!

We are very lucky to have her posting here. She is a great resource!!!

Check out this link to a post on Page 2 of this thread for a "formal" introduction to Teena:

Post 18: Lily's Pad

Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1822
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Dee IMO you've done a FAB job on all the BC/YC/BCV FAQ threads It can be natural to go off topic, but I enjoy it...again JMHO. Everyone here has been kind to me, and I've gotten my questions answered when needed! Thanks!
THIS!!

I've been lurking this thread for a looooong time. As well as being active in spurts. It's excellent and full of great people. There's just no pleasing some people. Don't let it get you down!

Perhaps the negative Nancys should remember that this thread does warn of the off topicness and one ought to go elsewhere rather than trying to change something that's been on the DISboards for a lot longer than they have. Just my 2 cents mind you.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #1823
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Question??? I will be staying at BCV In July... What is a good location to request??

Last edited by nannette; 01-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #1824
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Dear 1971, Thanks for asking your questions and being patient enough for the person that might have the answer to come along and reply! I will answer your questions to the best of my ability in RED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
FAQ in the front, conversations afterwards.

I like to get tips from people I get to know even if that brings it a little ....oh yeah.....

Background Info: DD6 is a good swimmer and last week during swim lessons did the whole length of the pool without a floatie. However, even with continuous swim lessons we as always need to keep a good eye on her. I am still bringing her floatie because we are not permitting her in deep water without the floatie and a close eye OR her without a floatie and DH or I with her.

1. Does anyone else have some good spots by SB where I can keep an eye on DD6, but it's not that noisy? The sandy space is to "little kid" for her.

I'd recommend the spot right in front of the back of Hurricane Hannah's, which is where they sell the pool toys, rent rafts and rent lockers. This is right at that area where they play volleyball. On the map you will see a large pool area behind Hurricane Hannah's. The other front side of HH's is the seating area and walkway by the lake.

While at the hotel pool, you will see an area with an overhead line covered with pool noodles. There is a lot of seating, the water is elementary school age friendly as far as the depths are concerned and I'm pretty darn sure they have life vests somewhere at the pool that she can use. This area is also perfect for her because it's where they traditionally play the pool games in the afternoon and that attracts a lot of kids her age to that area, so hopefully she can find a friend to play with.

2. I know she will love the pool slide, but how noisy is it over by this section?

I'm not sure about the little pirate slide area but the area where the big slide dumps out is not too noisy because the kids using the slide are too busy high tailing it out of that area to get back to the slide line.

3. For anyone who has gone in June, how crowded will the pool be (scale 1 - 10; 10 being insane)?

Have not gone in June so I can't help you there!

4. With the chance of My Disney Experience being in place by our June trip has anyone heard if the bracelet will work for admission into SB or will we have to wear two bracelets?

We have not heard yet about how the bracelets will effect Storm Along Bay. Many of us are asking this question but no information is forthcoming as of yet. Stay tuned for further details.
~NM
Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #1825
Ziggy

Quote:
Yes, she is!!!

We are very lucky to have her posting here. She is a great resource!!!

Check out this link to a post on Page 2 of this thread for a "formal" introduction to Teena:

Post 18: Lily's Pad

I'm so excited I remember her from 6 years ago when we stayed at BCV, she's a lovely person and I can't wait to go back now
Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1826
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so excited I remember her from 6 years ago when we stayed at BCV, she's a lovely person and I can't wait to go back now
She is definitely a shining star at the BC and on this thread!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #1827
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
She is definitely a shining star at the BC and on this thread!
Teena's awesome!!!

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? Didn't see you on a quick scan.

If you have an upcoming trip and would like to be added, let us know where and when!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #1828
Ziggy

Quote:
Teena's awesome!!!

Do I have you on the Be Our Guest list? Didn't see you on a quick scan.

If you have an upcoming trip and would like to be added, let us know where and when!
I'm not booked yet but it will more than likely be July. DD is in the ICP and we will be coming over to visit her. We don't know what dates DH will be able to get off work yet but hopefully we won't have to wait too long .
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #1829
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Dee - you do an AMAZING job keeping up the BC/YC thread. It is rare that anyone's question gets lost but it is an ongoing thread so sometimes a poster MIGHT have to ask twice.

This is the friendliest thread on the DIS (IMHO). Lots of us do share the love of BC/YC and through that have become "Dis Friends" who actually care about each other.

To the poster who asked about staying CL and room requests - they are only requests. You can make them through Cl but really there are not guarantees. I've only ever made a few requests and made them when making our reservation and then just re-stated them when we were making other plans through IPO.

Dee - again - thank you for all you do!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #1830
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Yes the first page of you thread is helpful. But I do not know why off topic posts are allowed. This should be solely YC BC comments. Now, so I am not a hypocrite I will let you know my review of YC CL. YC CL was one of the best I have been to. I love the fact that they have a refrigerators for their sodas instead of a bucket. The food was tasty and plentiful. The cm's were nice and accommodating. The room was the same as a non cl room at yc. The lounge was actually kept open after 10pm which I loved so I could get a cup of tea, sodas, coffee and some snacks were left out. I liked having private access to the lounge on the elevator. I didn't like boardwalk for that reason as you could be on the 3rd or 4th flr. Turn down service was nice and the mints were delicious. It was too cold for SAB and HH was set to be opening a few days after our departure, but the menu was out and I am excited to try it this weekend. Any other CL questions you may have please pm and I will help you as much as I can. I look forward to staying at YC CL again, this coming weekend.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: