Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
beckster2001
Earning My Ears

This is off season?!

We just got in Friday night so have only spent one day here so far. We are at Pop Century and have went to DTD and all I have to say is "this is off season?!" Wow, I cannot imagine what it is like during the busy season! lol!!
beckster2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
chum
Your island buddy!

You hit "convention season"!
Now through March is a very busy time for Orlando conventions.
Parks are typically slow during the day but the afternoons and evenings are busy, busy.
chum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Yep! We went this week last year and I said the exact same thing!! I really don't think there is an "OFF" or "SLOW" season much anymore at Disney, just too many people in the world that go at all different times! I'm sure it's slower than holidays, but I don't think it's ever really dead anymore. Enjoy! We'll be there in 9 days!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

There really is no more low crowds season..There is just average,moderate and heavy crowds.Disney has definitely marketed well to bring all the crowds in even during traditionally off times.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
There really is no more low crowds season..There is just average,moderate and heavy crowds.Disney has definitely marketed well to bring all the crowds in even during traditionally off times.
I agree. And certain times of the year that used to be value season pricing are now regular or peak season pricing.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm afraid there are no more "slow" periods also. We always went in September, put up with the heat to be able to just walk on rides, and have little to no crowds. Then came free Dining.....every September got busier and busier, so we tried January, not any better, and now we just go a couple weeks after Easter and accepted that there are no low crowd times so we will just go when they are moderate and the weather is nice.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Well, we all love our discounts, bouncebacks, and free dining offers. We shouldn't be surprised when they do exactly what they are supposed to do, bring people in.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Ghosthost999
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam
Yes, I'm afraid there are no more "slow" periods also. We always went in September, put up with the heat to be able to just walk on rides, and have little to no crowds. Then came free Dining.....every September got busier and busier, so we tried January, not any better, and now we just go a couple weeks after Easter and accepted that there are no low crowd times so we will just go when they are moderate and the weather is nice.
We are in that same category. We have a,ways loved September. The past two years have been more crowded. None of the rides were walk on this past year. It's just one of those things we have learned to accept.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckster2001 View Post
We just got in Friday night so have only spent one day here so far. We are at Pop Century and have went to DTD and all I have to say is "this is off season?!" Wow, I cannot imagine what it is like during the busy season! lol!!
Agree with the PPs. Plus January is one of the main times for the BTGs.

But DTD on a weekend evening is NOT the best gauge of how busy the parks will be. DTD is always packed on weekends, no matter the season.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Mimicking PPs and adding that DTD does not require admission and is a ton busier on the weekends than it is on a weekday.

ETA: Serves me right for skimming lmao.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: