Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Disney patents tons of things, and while a MI dark ride would be a nice addition, it's really not a wise choice imho. Putting a dark ride in Pixar Place would dull it. So many other things could be done...
What do you think should or could be done? Just wondering.

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle

Jeez...the original idea of the door vault family coaster concept (suspended...not real intense) made more sense than any of the monsters inc rides they HAVE built. That sequence in the movie was made for a themepark tie in.

There are possibilities to adapt Up!, the incredibles, and of course Cars as well for studios.

I had always hoped they would do a edu-tainment type take on Wall-E...as the message is important and will only become more so as time goes on. But that is more the EPCOT tradition that seems to have been abandoned...sadly.

Lots of other possibilities...other than a standard type drive through with animatronics or 3D.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"

Last edited by lockedoutlogic; 01-27-2013 at 01:14 PM.
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post

1. Toy Story Mania remains.

2. This building houses The Great Movie Ride, so no real room beyond the meet and greet and gift shop they built in the side.

3. This is empty space. It could house your MI dark ride, or the MI coaster we have all been waiting for. But think about it, putting the two most recent and very popular attractions right next to eachother in an already crowded area would be bad planning. So as much as I'd like to put it there, I'd have to say they put a table service there, a meet and greet area, or an exhibit display. Theming for the table service is up in the air, but I'd say they make a Pixar Studios sort of theme with areas of the restaurant surrounding different art from the films. Meet and greet is self explanatory. Exhibit would be awesome in my opinion, as they could display the concept art and drawings of Pixar films with descriptions of the inception of each film.

4. Re-theme this quick service is something Pixar-ish (Wall-E's cafeteria, or something punny).

5. Re-theme this to Bug's Life (duh).

NOTE**6 and beyond are in the green area which means its possible land for use should they demo the backlot and/or the stunt show. Green area shows possible land, pink area shows attraction space they could utilize it in my eyes.

6/7. These spaces could house what wasn't done in step 3 (table service, meet and greet, Pixar exhibit) or one could house an attraction of choice (i.e. MI coaster or dark ride, whatever).

8. Instead of shoving a whole Carsland in the studios just put the Radiator Springs Racers here. I personally don't want it, so this space could also be utilized for a new and technologically advanced and imaginative attraction as well. Something like an Incredibles sim ride, or a Wall-E attraction, anything. The point here is to build an E-ticket.

9. Again what wasn't used in steps 3, 6, or 7 could be placed here. If those aren't necessary/wanted then a show could be installed I suppose, or it could house one huge gift shop to dump the E-ticket into afterwards.

Disclaimer is, I just thought all of this up in the past half hour while I was mapping it. I'm not saying this is exactly how it should be, but to me its a pretty good plan using the space available and, should they destroy those attractions, what they could do with the land. You asked what I'd do and this is something I thought up real quick.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post

1. Toy Story Mania remains.

2. This building houses The Great Movie Ride, so no real room beyond the meet and greet and gift shop they built in the side.

3. This is empty space. It could house your MI dark ride, or the MI coaster we have all been waiting for. But think about it, putting the two most recent and very popular attractions right next to eachother in an already crowded area would be bad planning. So as much as I'd like to put it there, I'd have to say they put a table service there, a meet and greet area, or an exhibit display. Theming for the table service is up in the air, but I'd say they make a Pixar Studios sort of theme with areas of the restaurant surrounding different art from the films. Meet and greet is self explanatory. Exhibit would be awesome in my opinion, as they could display the concept art and drawings of Pixar films with descriptions of the inception of each film.

4. Re-theme this quick service is something Pixar-ish (Wall-E's cafeteria, or something punny).

5. Re-theme this to Bug's Life (duh).

NOTE**6 and beyond are in the green area which means its possible land for use should they demo the backlot and/or the stunt show. Green area shows possible land, pink area shows attraction space they could utilize it in my eyes.

6/7. These spaces could house what wasn't done in step 3 (table service, meet and greet, Pixar exhibit) or one could house an attraction of choice (i.e. MI coaster or dark ride, whatever).

8. Instead of shoving a whole Carsland in the studios just put the Radiator Springs Racers here. I personally don't want it, so this space could also be utilized for a new and technologically advanced and imaginative attraction as well. Something like an Incredibles sim ride, or a Wall-E attraction, anything. The point here is to build an E-ticket.

9. Again what wasn't used in steps 3, 6, or 7 could be placed here. If those aren't necessary/wanted then a show could be installed I suppose, or it could house one huge gift shop to dump the E-ticket into afterwards.

Disclaimer is, I just thought all of this up in the past half hour while I was mapping it. I'm not saying this is exactly how it should be, but to me its a pretty good plan using the space available and, should they destroy those attractions, what they could do with the land. You asked what I'd do and this is something I thought up real quick.

Awesome! Thanks for that. I really like it.

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
MickeyTD
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoHo
Based on recent history, if Disney decides to put a monsters inc. Attraction in wdw, it will be a copy of monsters(superstar limo) from DCA. I'll believe Florida is getting a good version when they or DL gets the real Winnie the Pooh ride from Tokyo.
Mine train ring a bell?
MickeyTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #21
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Geez, Dizcapt...

that picture got me riled up....how much of that plot is a COMPLETE waste of space.

and we're not just talking the normal backstage service and warehouse buildings that most people assume aren't there - but always are...

that "studio" idea is such a waste of space.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Jeez...the original idea of the door vault family coaster concept (suspended...not real intense) made more sense than any of the monsters inc rides they HAVE built. That sequence in the movie was made for a themepark tie in.

There are possibilities to adapt Up!, the incredibles, and of course Cars as well for studios.

I had always hoped they would do a edu-tainment type take on Wall-E...as the message is important and will only become more so as time goes on. But that is more the EPCOT tradition that seems to have been abandoned...sadly.

Lots of other possibilities...other than a standard type drive through with animatronics or 3D.
I've always thought that a Wall-E edutainment 3-d film would fit well in that little theater that currently houses the Timon and Pumbaa movie in The Land pavillion. It already fits the theme and seems like an easy change.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: