Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
The DIS is NOT the place to ask people for opinons about other cruise lines. Check out Cruise Critic. Most of the people who will answer you on here are die-hard Disney fans, and you won't get an unbiased answer.

Having cruised several lines with kids, mine have always had a great time no matter where they are. And we were always big Disney people, going to the parks a lot.....but the attraction to the parks were the rides, not the characters....my kids weren't the kind to stand in line just to shake Mickey's hand......they just wanted to have fun, and they did do that on all of the different cruise lines.

Yes, Carnival has had some difficulties, but I also think they're more highly publicized. Also, the more ships you have, the more problems will hit the news.
ANY CRUISE SHIP COULD HAVE A FIRE. EVEN DISNEY. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES. I know people argue that they THINK the Disney captains would handle any emergency better than others, but they're wearing blinders.
Don't focus on what MIGHT happen, just go and have fun.

And in today's economy, there is NO WAY I'd spend that much more money just so the kids could see Mickey Mouse.
Hey there Stacy!.good to see you again!

I grant your points that a Fire or any of the problems COULD happen on a DCL or any cruise line.

The difference is in proper operating, disign and maintaince.........doing these things properly prevent fires, sinking etc.

The other line dont seem to be having these issues and CARNIVIAL INC *IS* having these problems, which leads one to beleive they are not doing things right or safely.

I also disagree that everyone here is a DCL fan and will not give you a fiar review...........most will........ever read Carnival Line blog on Crusie Critic.??.........hell they tear apart Carnivail line more then anyone!

AKK

PS...........So whens the next cruise.......my wife and did the Fantasy for our 25th...had a great time. I want to do Bermuda out of NYC on RCL...............

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: