Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #1801
Feckless
DIS Veteran

It's all a balancing act. People who love this resort hang out for the friendly banter which sometimes swings off topic. If this was only a thread for questions to be answered, it would lose the friendly, YC/BC family feel. Without that feeling and the interaction, people would go elsewhere after their stay and we would lose the incredible wealth of knowledge enjoyed by the people who come back here day after day. That wealth of knowledge is essential in being able to answer all the multitude of questions that get asked here.

Plus, we have been able to avoid most of the drama that comes along with many other threads. I hope that continues.

And I am not likely to get back this year. Turns out that I damaged my TI band (or some such thing) in my left leg, and I'm in physio, which has blown up my plans for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. Plus we found out that the Jays are playing the Yankees in Toronto ON my son's 11th birthday at the end of August, and we are doing a surprise trip. I HATE that I can't use my 35% PIN for my beloved BC... But who knows, maybe something last minute...

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #1802
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout

Following on your suggestion, here is a question based on a call I just had with a cm. We have a bc trip scheduled for may. We were giving various room requests (high floor, etc), and when we asked about an Epcot view (we are in gv), they said theme park view is a higher price separate category. I said "thanks but no thanks" - is that info correct regarding view?
That sounds wrong. At BC, there is no bookable theme park view, like at GF, Poly & CR. You might have an obstructed view of Illuminations, but no real Epcot view to speak of.

ETA: you could probably word your request as "view of woods closest to Epcot requested."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Last edited by DannysMom; 01-27-2013 at 11:28 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1803
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

FAQ in the front, converstations afterwards.

I like to get tips from people I get to know even if that brings it a little ....oh yeah.....

Background Info: DD6 is a good swimmer and last week during swim lessons did the whole length of the pool without a floatie. However, even with continuous swim lessons we as always need to keep a good eye on her. I am still bringing her floatie because we are not permitting her in deep water without the floatie and a close eye OR her without a floatie and DH or I with her.

1. Does anyone else have some good spots by SB where I can keep an eye on DD6, but it's not that noisy? The sandy space is to "little kid" for her.
2. I know she will love the pool slide, but how noisy is it over by this section?
3. For anyone who has gone in June, how crowded will the pool be (scale 1 - 10; 10 being insane)?
4. With the chance of My Disney Experience being in place by our June trip has anyone heard if the bracelet will work for admission into SB or will we have to wear two bracelets?
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #1804
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I've been away for a bit and have a lot to catch up on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Thanks Dee. How sad that you missed his first Jedi training. A trip to Disney has to include the BC for us. Not sure why the ticker blocked my dates, but I put them side-by-side, so hopefully it shows now. If you could include us on the BOG list? We are going August 8-17 (we extended our trip to make up for our last), with the 8-12 at AKL and 12-17 at our Beach Club "home." Thanks Dee. Hoping I can catch up on your trip report later.
So glad to hear you are coming back!!! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Hi. Have not posted in a while but I've been getting through the ice cold weather by dreaming of the Beach Club.

We bought premier passes that must be started before the end of the year, so we are planning a Christmas trip.

We were at the Yacht Club for Christmas 2008 and we loved it. Hoping to be on the Beach Club side this time, but will have to start looking at prices to see what we will do.

Anyone who had a holiday visit this year, would love to hear "must dos"
I'll pencil you in on the B.O.G list for December. Let us know when your plans are finalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Hi... Trying to decide between Beach and Yacht Club. Does anyone know if the deluxe club level rooms at the Beach Club have a wall separating he bedroom and sitting area are there 1 or 2 tvs?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Let us know when you decide about the resort. We have a thread about the BC Deluxe Rooms, but I haven't had the time, or as much input from people who have stayed in the YC Deluxe rooms to make a thread yet.

Either resort for your stay sounds awesome, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
I just made the official switcharoo from the GF. I kept hoping the courtyard pool would be done in time at the GF but it is definitly a no go now, I am bummed because I do love the GF but excited to try a new resort.

We will be at the yacht club 2/20-3/1. My first silly question is, where is the closest place to get mac and cheese. My DDs are big mac and cheese eaters. Big thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome when I was thinking about switching a couple weeks ago, you guys are great!
Here's an official switchover

Hope you love the Yacht Club!

A few people responded about the mac and cheese. I know most table service places have the option on the kids menu. I'm not as sure which CS or quick service places do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJill48 View Post
add this New Englander to the Be Our Guest list- BC April 12-21
fellow New Englander!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Our plans changed and we won't be staying at the YC afterall. So could you please take us off the guest list? No worries though, because we are still going to Disney
We will miss you! Have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzifrazz View Post
You can add us to the list also. We have 2 studios booked Nov 9-17th My parents and sister will be in one room, and DH, DS and I in the other. This will be a first time for all of us to stay deluxe and DVC.

Sounds like an awesome family trip. I'll add you to the list.

Last edited by natebenma; 01-28-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #1805
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette

Pick up the phone and call the YC/BC they are full of info and if you are staying CL if you send a email with all your question they will answer you.

And now I am finished even acknowledging your existence.

That's really nasty.
I agree with the previous posters. Many people come to this thread looking for information, it's frustrating having to weed through pages of cliquey chit chat.
I do appreciate the first few pages & clearly a lot of time and effort went into compiling that information but if you are not a "regular" on this thread any yc/bc question you may pose stands a good chance of being ignored.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #1806
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless
It's all a balancing act. People who love this resort hang out for the friendly banter which sometimes swings off topic. If this was only a thread for questions to be answered, it would lose the friendly, YC/BC family feel. Without that feeling and the interaction, people would go elsewhere after their stay and we would lose the incredible wealth of knowledge enjoyed by the people who come back here day after day. That wealth of knowledge is essential in being able to answer all the multitude of questions that get asked here.

Plus, we have been able to avoid most of the drama that comes along with many other threads. I hope that continues.

And I am not likely to get back this year. Turns out that I damaged my TI band (or some such thing) in my left leg, and I'm in physio, which has blown up my plans for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. Plus we found out that the Jays are playing the Yankees in Toronto ON my son's 11th birthday at the end of August, and we are doing a surprise trip. I HATE that I can't use my 35% PIN for my beloved BC... But who knows, maybe something last minute...
Oh a unused PIN, I hate that! But I hope you recover from your injury quickly!!!! :0/

Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #1807
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
I've been away for a bit and have a lot to catch up on!!!

So glad to hear you are coming back!!! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll pencil you in on the B.O.G list for December. Let us know when your plans are finalized.

Let us know when you decide about the resort. We have a thread about the BC Deluxe Rooms, but I haven't had the time, or as much input from people who have stayed in the YC Deluxe rooms to make a thread yet.

Either resort for your stay sounds awesome, though!

Here's an official switchover

Hope you love the Yacht Club!

A few people responded about the mac and cheese. I know most table service places have the option on the kids menu. I'm not as sure which CS or quick service places do.

fellow New Englander!!!

I'll add you to the list.

We will miss you! Have a fantastic trip!

Sounds like an awesome family trip. I'll add you to the list.

I was wondering where you were!!! ;0) see we are a" family of sorts". :0)

Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #1808
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM

That's really nasty.
I agree with the previous posters. Many people come to this thread looking for information, it's frustrating having to weed through pages of cliquey chit chat.
I do appreciate the first few pages & clearly a lot of time and effort went into compiling that information but if you are not a "regular" on this thread any yc/bc question you may pose stands a good chance of being ignored.
ALRIGHT guys, Canadian Guy already warned us once, I really feel we need to drop this altogether. No need to repost or quote or make mention, please let's just stop rehashing.....

Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #1809
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
That's really nasty.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #1810
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM

I am by no means a regular on this thread but catch up every few days and in the short time I have been visiting I have never noticed anyone being ignored, in fact I have noticed multiple people responding, not only with personal experiences but also links to find additional information. This thread has been one of the nicest and most welcoming I have encountered on DIS and I sincerely hope it stays the wonderful mixture of friends, trip reports, support and information I have learned to love.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #1811
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
I am by no means a regular on this thread but catch up every few days and in the short time I have been visiting I have never noticed anyone being ignored, in fact I have noticed multiple people responding, not only with personal experiences but also links to find additional information. This thread has been one of the nicest and most welcoming I have encountered on DIS and I sincerely hope it stays the wonderful mixture of friends, trip reports, support and information I have learned to love.
Agree

Plus my Mother always taught me if I wanted a civil answer I had to ask a civil question.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #1812
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Good morning from my new favorite resort YC!!!!

We arrived a little after midnight in a pixie dusted Tahoe - I rented a regular SUV and Alamo upgraded us. Love the extra space and comfort!!

Check in was a little frustrating. The cm was unsure of everything and couldn't confirm our dining plan, told me gold keys don't exist, and just about had a heart attack when I asked him to use my gift cards. Our luggage got to our room before we did. He also insisted on giving my 11 year old charging privileges when I said no. I was too tired to fight so I just went with it and first thing this morning the wonderful club level cm redid everything and magically the gold cards appeared!! And dd no longer has charging privileges, sorry darling!!!

The room? Love it! View is Sab and boardwalk. Spectacular!!! No issues whatsoever. I'm in heaven.

Had breakfast in the lounge and getting ready to go get ds haircut at mk barber shop. Dinner tonight is BOG

Thank you for all of your well wishes, only you folks could understand what I was going through!

So glad and happy you have arrived safely and have seen so much pixie dust from cars to rooms!! Have an amazing trip!

~Nannette

Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #1813
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
I was wondering where you were!!! ;0) see we are a" family of sorts". :0)
Yes, I'm here!

I do feel like we are all part of a wonderful family. We are very lucky to have all of the people who post to this thread frequently.

It saddens me when people are disappointed with the content of the thread. I personally try very hard to get the answers people are looking for as quickly as possible and to make sure the first page of the thread is updated with the most current information available.

I am guilty of occasionally missing questions and I am definitely guilty of going off topic, but I always go through the thread, when I have time, and bump up the questions that haven't been answered.

I am also very proud that this thread rarely goes negative, and I would appreciate everyones help in that mission.

Thanks!

Dee

Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #1814
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Yes, I'm here!

I do feel like we are all part of a wonderful family. We are very lucky to have all of the people who post to this thread frequently.

It saddens me when people are disappointed with the content of the thread. I personally try very hard to get the answers people are looking for as quickly as possible and to make sure the first page of the thread is updated with the most current information available.

I am guilty of occasionally missing questions and I am definitely guilty of going off topic, but I always go through the thread, when I have time, and bump up the questions that haven't been answered.

I am also very proud that this thread rarely goes negative, and I would appreciate everyones help in that mission.

Thanks!

Dee
Hi Dee,
I think we are all happy to help you keep this a positive, friendly as well as helpful thread. I will keep a better eye out for unanswered questions, and either answer, or bump them. I am sure others will too. (I don't have trip planned at the moment so this is a way I can help, and participate in this thread .)

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #1815
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Ditto! I love reading this thread everyday. I felt warmly welcomed and it is a treat to come share with others just how excited I am to visit the BC. The great info on the first pages gave me a ton of info. I enjoy the chit chat, too.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: