Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #766
casilliman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryville TN
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I am so excited to do Maho beach as well. We used to have a spot by Cleveland airport that we could go watch but that has since changed so the MAho beach intrigues me. I think sunglasses to protect eyes from flying sand is a must!

Welcome aboard!!!! MVMCP= Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It is the Christmas time special event at the magic Kingdom. Are you going to maybe go before the cruise?. Jeanean I saw you filled out the questionaire. Thank you. I added Beamer to our web page roll call list too, but also reminded people that Beamer is working so please to teach their kids not to call his name. Please inform us of all the rules of approaching Beamer as we wouldn't want to distract him from the job at hand. I am excited to make Beamer a FE gift... LOL Yes seeing there are about 26 or so FE participants already we thought we would like to keep it at about 30, seeing it is Christmas time. Here is a link to our facebook page. You can come there and ask to join our private page and also post things there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/302836943149985/


I know u aren't used to REAL WINTER WEATHER like us Northerners. I know your TN towns shut down with just an inch. Real people drive in blizzards and don't wear gloves below freezing temps. Some of us have thick skin and are tough... and some of us aren't. Are animals pee---- pee-sicles
Funny you should say that, although I currently live in Tennessee, I was born and raised in Jersey. I did not experience weather like you are used to I must say, but I have had my fair share of blizzards, wrestling kids into snow suits, and had a pair of gloves in each coat pocket, plus emergency kit (blankets, flashlight, bottled water, more gloves and flares) in my 4WD vehicle when I lived up there! Where we live now we are situated betweeen two mountain ranges and in this little valley we get very little bad weather. When we do its FLOODS !!
Hope you all stay bundled and warm and may God bless your alternate heating systems !!!
I look forward to laughing about all this ice / snow / subzero weather with you all at Cookies on Castaway Cay as we wait in line for BBQ
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #767
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran
 
noahsketomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post

It is -35 degrees C right now in Northern Nova Scotia, Canada. Seriously. You can google it if you think I'm kidding. My sister, who lives in Alberta told me not to complain as it is -48 where she is.

-10??? That's beach weather

S.
Crying out loud, Sonja. That is COLD. We might actually hit 20 deg F today, so it feels warm....funny how relative it all is.

That said, I'm a warm-blooded woman. My husband and I went to college together in northern NH and I swear I don't know how I survived up there. Probably because I was younger!

Probably moot to you and your sister, but try to stay warm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
I look forward to laughing about all this ice / snow / subzero weather with you all at Cookies on Castaway Cay as we wait in line for BBQ
AMEN!!!! I think that's why I'm so whiny right now -- we didn't plan a winter vacation to a warm location this year. Which is why I'm addicted to the DIS boards right now!



Hope you have a great weekend! We have a busy one on deck with kids activities-- time to get motivated around here!!!
__________________
Beth - Trying to keep up with the rest of them!
DH DS (12) DD (11) DS (8) DD (7)
noahsketomom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #768
jeaneanv
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8

Thanks for clearing that up...I thought thats what it stood for so the answer is NO we will not be at the MVMCP before the cruise. we are flying down probably late the night before the cruise.
Beamer is not the only service dog that is going to be on the ship. Beamer is a hearing dog for my daughter...she is hearing impaired. one of her friends from Florida (we live in PA) is deaf and she and her boy friend just signed up to go on the cruise and she is bringing her dog too- his name is Milo. I have to give her this information to see if she wants to be included.

When the dogs have there "working vest on" they shouldn't be pet. they are helping their person hear. So your right, dont call out their name. but if you come over and talk to my daughter Alexa she will more than likely let you say Hello once he is use to the ship...Beamer just loves kids.

Cant wait to go....
jeaneanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #769
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer
 
scrapbookingtigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaneanv View Post
Thanks for clearing that up...I thought thats what it stood for so the answer is NO we will not be at the MVMCP before the cruise. we are flying down probably late the night before the cruise.
Beamer is not the only service dog that is going to be on the ship. Beamer is a hearing dog for my daughter...she is hearing impaired. one of her friends from Florida (we live in PA) is deaf and she and her boy friend just signed up to go on the cruise and she is bringing her dog too- his name is Milo. I have to give her this information to see if she wants to be included.

When the dogs have there "working vest on" they shouldn't be pet. they are helping their person hear. So your right, dont call out their name. but if you come over and talk to my daughter Alexa she will more than likely let you say Hello once he is use to the ship...Beamer just loves kids.

Cant wait to go....
Just a thought, Where do you take a dog to go potty on a cruise ship?
__________________

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #770
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94

Yeah - we are tough Just used to it I guess & lucky to travel somewhere warm in the Spring + cuddling up in a warm blanket planning out trip to WDW/DCL gets the blood flowing

We have Labs - so they love the snow & are used to the cold (rain, on the other hand, makes my older Lab refuse to leave the house )

When we are having BBQ at C cay the LAST thing I will be thinking of is the cold

Getting soooooooooooooo excited!!
__________________
2011 WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 DCL - Magic
2013 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #771
pb9000
Earning My Ears
 
pb9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lauderhill, FL
Posts: 60

After spending last weekend at Disney World we are so pumped for the cruise. We were at Disney during the classic character week. We saw characters like Clarebell Cow and Horace Horsecollar. It would be cool to see some classic forgotten characters on DCL.
__________________
pb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #772
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!
 
sparklechicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb9000
After spending last weekend at Disney World we are so pumped for the cruise. We were at Disney during the classic character week. We saw characters like Clarebell Cow and Horace Horsecollar. It would be cool to see some classic forgotten characters on DCL.
How exciting! Were you able to get pictures/autographs? We were just on the Dream for New Years and Jiminy Cricket was out for photos and my kids were super excited! We have been to the MNSSHP and the lines were so long for the seven dwarfs and some of the other harder to find characters but my daughter was able to get to Maleficent.
__________________
Many trips as a child...
Contemporary Feb 2010
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas Feb 2010/Port Orleans Riverside Sept 2010
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical


sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #773
pb9000
Earning My Ears
 
pb9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lauderhill, FL
Posts: 60

The only classic characters we got a photo with was Clarebell and Horace. The other characters like Pinnochio, Jiminy Cricket, Scrooge McDuck and Robin Hood had really long lines. But we took some pics at Pete's Sideshow which was cool.




Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
pb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #774
daipp
Proud to be Welsh
 
daipp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,583

Evening everyone!

Lincoln was released in the UK yesterday and me and my wife went to see it this evening. Really enjoyed it and it explained what went into the abolition of slavery and the ending of the Civil War in the USA.

I thought we would have seen a little more of the assassination but after 2½ hours Spielberg probably ran out of time.

Did anyone on here see it and what did you think of the film?

David

Last edited by daipp; 01-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #775
jeaneanv
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8

for the person who asks about where do the service dogs "go" on the cruise? believe it or not they bring in a piece of sod for the dog to use.


They are the best cruise line when it comes to helping with service dogs...others, like carnival will charge people to bring their dog along.
jeaneanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #776
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by daipp
Evening everyone!

Lincoln was released in the UK yesterday and me and my wife went to see it this evening. Really enjoyed it and it explained what went into the abolition of slavery and the ending of the Civil War in the USA.

I thought we would have seen a little more of the assassination but after 2½ hours Spielberg probably ran out of time.

Did anyone on here see it and what did you think of the film?

David
I haven't seen it yet but my dad has been talking about wanting to see it for months. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and maybe now I will go with him to see it.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #777
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer
 
scrapbookingtigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaneanv
for the person who asks about where do the service dogs "go" on the cruise? believe it or not they bring in a piece of sod for the dog to use.

They are the best cruise line when it comes to helping with service dogs...others, like carnival will charge people to bring their dog along.
That is pretty awesome! I was just curious
__________________

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #778
casilliman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryville TN
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by daipp View Post
Evening everyone!

Lincoln was released in the UK yesterday and me and my wife went to see it this evening. Really enjoyed it and it explained what went into the abolition of slavery and the ending of the Civil War in the USA.

I thought we would have seen a little more of the assassination but after 2½ hours Spielberg probably ran out of time.

Did anyone on here see it and what did you think of the film?

David
My husband and I really enjoyed it ( although the ending was predictable....) I really enjoyed the cinematography, especially the last scene when the President was leaving the white house, walking down the stairs.
reminds me of the Hall of presidents in WDW, love the Lincoln speech there
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #779
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!
 
sparklechicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 224

[QUOTE=pb9000;47314943]The only classic characters we got a photo with was Clarebell and Horace. The other characters like Pinnochio, Jiminy Cricket, Scrooge McDuck and Robin Hood had really long lines. But we took some pics at Pete's Sideshow which was cool.


These are fantastic!
__________________
Many trips as a child...
Contemporary Feb 2010
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas Feb 2010/Port Orleans Riverside Sept 2010
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical


sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #780
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer
 
scrapbookingtigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockford, Michigan
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks

How exciting! Were you able to get pictures/autographs? We were just on the Dream for New Years and Jiminy Cricket was out for photos and my kids were super excited! We have been to the MNSSHP and the lines were so long for the seven dwarfs and some of the other harder to find characters but my daughter was able to get to Maleficent.
I hear ya on MNSSHP! We went in 2011 (first time) it was not what I expected. Turned out to be cast member night! we met some cool people , but waited in line for the 7 dwarfs for 3 hrs! It was one of those things where you didn't know how long it would take....just a little longer we must be close.... Needless to say we didn't get to do much else, the parade and fireworks were really cool though! If we do the Christmas party we will skip the characters and just enjoy the park.
__________________

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: