Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #3136
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Thanks - hubby looking at it with me now inbetween photo uploads of Valentine's cards we are making
You are so crafty! I hope you share your finished product with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Thanks so much for organising that!

I will start doing mine soon, need to update the pin trading event on the website as well - just feeling a bit down with a cold at the moment so it may not be today if that's OK - don't want to sit in front of a screen for too long.
Feel better
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #3137
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo
You are so crafty! I hope you share your finished product with us.

Feel better
Thank you - had it for four days now and feel terrible. Not so good when you can't blow your nose - it's the one thing I wish I could do! Lol

Not good when you are only 4 weeks into a new job either.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #3138
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you - had it for four days now and feel terrible. Not so good when you can't blow your nose - it's the one thing I wish I could do! Lol

Oh dear! Hope you are feeling better real soon. ::

Here everyone seems to be getting the flu, high fever and aches and after that is gone a bad cold seems to be hanging around.

Take care!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #3139
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Hotels

Nothing like vacation planning to take your mind off things...
I had my blood work done for my work physical last week and the doctor called me yesterday morning to tell me that I needed to see a doctor ASAP, my platelet count was extermely low and my WBC was low. So now I am waiting around thinking about it until I can call the doctor tomorrow and to top off the stress, my sister's court hearing about the kids is in on Wednesday. So I am distracting myself with vacation planning, Thanks for helping!

So has everyone booked hotels in Barcelona? I am looking at a hotel outside of town that is a Holiday Inn Express that sleeps 4 for only $65 a night and includes breafast. I know it won't have the European feel to it but every other hotel in Barcelona was super expensive and slept two. Plus everyone in my group (besides nieces) have done Europe before. We are looking at private tours that would drop off/pick up at that hotel and don't plan on hanging out in Barcelona late at night. Thoughts?? I know it is a far cry from the W hotel I stayed at last time in Barcelona......
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #3140
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

I hope you continue to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I had my blood work done for my work physical last week and the doctor called me yesterday morning to tell me that I needed to see a doctor ASAP, my platelet count was extermely low and my WBC was low. So now I am waiting around thinking about it until I can call the doctor tomorrow and to top off the stress, my sister's court hearing about the kids is in on Wednesday. So I am distracting myself with vacation planning, Thanks for helping!
I will be thinking of you
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #3141
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:

. . . I am looking at a hotel outside of town that is a Holiday Inn Express that sleeps 4 for only $65 a night and includes breafast. I know it won't have the European feel to it but every other hotel in Barcelona was super expensive and slept two. Plus everyone in my group (besides nieces) have done Europe before. We are looking at private tours that would drop off/pick up at that hotel and don't plan on hanging out in Barcelona late at night. Thoughts?? I know it is a far cry from the W hotel I stayed at last time in Barcelona......
Whenever I stay in one of Europe's great cities, I like staying close to the historical and cultural center. I like being able to walk around the corner to experience the local culture, such as ordering tapas, seeing a Flamenco show, or sitting at a cafe watching the locals on their evening stroll.

Personally, I would skip the private tours and use that money to stay closer to the center of activity.

Woody

Last edited by woody73; 01-27-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #3142
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had my blood work done for my work physical last week and the doctor called me yesterday morning to tell me that I needed to see a doctor ASAP, my platelet count was extermely low and my WBC was low. So now I am waiting around thinking about it until I can call the doctor tomorrow and to top off the stress, my sister's court hearing about the kids is in on Wednesday. So I am distracting myself with vacation planning, Thanks for helping!.....
Had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago. Routine physical, liver functions came back very high (no alcohol or Tylenol) go get an ultrasound of my liver ASAP. Not a big drinker but sure wanted one cause they told me i couldn't have one. Did the the ultrasound got the call telling me to go to Urologist, while looking at liver saw kidney stones. Probably explains the pains I have been having.

Vacation planning has been very helpful these days!!

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #3143
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Whenever I stay in one of Europe's great cities, I like staying close to the historical and cultural center. I like being able to walk around the corner to experience the local culture, such as ordering tapas, seeing a Flamenco show, or sitting at a cafe watching the locals on their evening stroll.

Personally, I would skip the private tours and use that money to stay closer to the center of activity.

Woody
I agree. I'd rather walk around and check things out. Plus, the cool things to do seem really easy to access on your own. We are even going to Figueres (my fave museum is there).

Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #3144
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So has everyone booked hotels in Barcelona? I am looking at a hotel outside of town that is a Holiday Inn Express that sleeps 4 for only $65 a night and includes breafast. I know it won't have the European feel to it but every other hotel in Barcelona was super expensive and slept two. Plus everyone in my group (besides nieces) have done Europe before. We are looking at private tours that would drop off/pick up at that hotel and don't plan on hanging out in Barcelona late at night. Thoughts?? I know it is a far cry from the W hotel I stayed at last time in Barcelona......
You know, when traveling, I've found that sometimes, when things don't work out the way you'd planned, they work out for the best. I've found that in life as well. I'll bet you'll find some neat things just outside of Barcelona as well.

One thing I should have thought to post--there's a budget hotel chain (along the lines of a Motel 6/Super 8) that is always inexpensive and clean, and tends to cater to a European clientele. My family and I have stayed at several of their hotels, and while they haven't been fancy, they have always been pleasant, and generally, you meet a lot of the local people:

http://www.hotelibis.com

Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #3145
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A great way to take up some time (like five hours) is rethinking your hotel in Barcelona! I think I spent 30 before settling on ours haha. You can find something great in the Gothic, Born, or Eixample areas if you decide to change location.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical stress -- nothing like them telling you that on the weekend! Don't they get that you will just think about all the possibilities until Monday morning?

I hope Wednesday goes as smoothly as possible and that things can settle down for your sister's family.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #3146
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Had a similar thing happen a few weeks ago. Routine physical, liver functions came back very high (no alcohol or Tylenol) go get an ultrasound of my liver ASAP. Not a big drinker but sure wanted one cause they told me i couldn't have one. Did the the ultrasound got the call telling me to go to Urologist, while looking at liver saw kidney stones. Probably explains the pains I have been having.

Vacation planning has been very helpful these days!!
Yikes! Owie! You okay? Did you pass them yet?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #3147
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Yikes! Owie! You okay? Did you pass them yet?
Don't think so cause I'm still getting waves of pain. Had CT and should know more tomorrow. I plan on being good as new by the time the cruise comes in 120 days.

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #3148
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hoping you feel better soon!

Old 01-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #3149
mellers
DIS Veteran

Boy, it seems there is a wave a bad medical luck going around! My mother went in to see the doctor last week (on her birthday, of course), and found out she had a huge cyst on her vocal chords, which would need to be removed immediately. The surgery went just fine, but she can't speak for two months. She will, however, be able to talk to everyone on the cruise.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #3150
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Please send in your pm's about who wants to participate.
This way i can see how much people want to participate, aka if there is enough enthusiasm.
We will sort out the rules about gift etc. to everybody's satisfaction.
I was going to send you two PMs, but the boys went out with their grandparents and I want to double-check my answers with them first. I probably got many of them wrong haha. Will send a bit later. Thanks again for doing this!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: