Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #3121
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I've been hearing from MANY sources about the world famous biegnets. Are they only at POFQ or can I get one at POR?
If you choose to go fishing at POR, you can use those for sinkers. Not nearly as good as the real thing.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #3122
Kevin1281
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They are views where you mostly see across to another part of the building (wall, room window, etc) rather than directly out into the gardens. The non parking-lot sides of the building rooms would still be quite nice though.

Andre
So would you prefer parking lot standard or non parking lot standard?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #3123
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Just got into our room after spending the whole day at Epcot and WOW. Just wow.

The resort is lovely, our room is fabulous and we were totally pixie dusted. Every cast member we've encountered has been so friendly...it's just really magical.

So looking forward to the next week here! Really glad I read through this thread and booked here.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #3124
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybean

The resort is lovely, our room is fabulous and we were totally pixie dusted. Every cast member we've encountered has been so friendly...it's just really magical.

So looking forward to the next week here! Really glad I read through this thread and booked here.
Awesome!! And the weather looks beautiful for the next few days. Enjoy
We will be there on Tuesday.
Can't wait!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #3125
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus

Awesome!! And the weather looks beautiful for the next few days. Enjoy
We will be there on Tuesday.
Can't wait!!!!
Thank you! And the weather forecast has certainly perked up for this week. The main pool was even full of guests tonight!

Tuesday will be here before you know it.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #3126
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybean View Post

YAY for you guys!!!!

We'll be there Thursday!! Enjoy yourselves!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 01-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #3127
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Are the parking lot veiws that bad? Is there not still some foilage to look at or is it building some grass then the parking lot?

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #3128
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1281 View Post
So would you prefer parking lot standard or non parking lot standard?
Well you don't really get to choose (apart from making a request) but personally I wouldn't mind a lot of the parking lot views - there are still lots of trees and greenery around, and I would say much nicer than just overlooking a wall or someone else's room.

But on the other hand even those single Standard mansion rooms in corners still give you a slightly oblique view of the courtyards area. I wouldn't worry too much either way to be honest.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-27-2013, 04:19 AM   #3129
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hello
I have been reading through this thread a little and was hoping you all could help me. . . I'm planning on surprising my mom with a holiday trip to WDW. I initially was looking into the Poly as my mother loves water, being around it and looking over it. I then decided on the Royal Rooms at POR. I am wondering though as I have never stayed Mod, since there is not balcony, is it realistic that she could sit at the window and overlook a river view? I mean I don't know the set up of the rooms, are the dining chairs/ office area by the window? Also, I saw that there are corner rooms that are royal rooms as well, with a river view. Are there any that someone would/could recommend? I was thinking there may be more windows for her to enjoy the view at night or in the early morning. TIA
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #3130
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
is it realistic that she could sit at the window and overlook a river view? I mean I don't know the set up of the rooms, are the dining chairs/ office area by the window? Also, I saw that there are corner rooms that are royal rooms as well, with a river view.
Yes, you can quite easily sit and look out of the windows, or even sit outside in the alcove beside the walkway - think of it as a porch rather than a balcony. The Royal Rooms on corners do have that extra window too, just like other parts of the resort.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #3131
Kevin1281
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well you don't really get to choose (apart from making a request) but personally I wouldn't mind a lot of the parking lot views - there are still lots of trees and greenery around, and I would say much nicer than just overlooking a wall or someone else's room.

But on the other hand even those single Standard mansion rooms in corners still give you a slightly oblique view of the courtyards area. I wouldn't worry too much either way to be honest.

Andre
Thanks Andre! You're right. I'm done worrying about this. I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty taken back and impressed no matter where our room is. I can't wait!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #3132
KELLY
DIS Veteran

We are booked for 14 nights FD bounceback. I was on the fence about CBR or POR. I have decide POR but not sure if I should book a royal or standard room. We could do a royal room for 12 nights or a standard for 14. I guess I'm wondering if you would give up 2 days to stay in a royal room? Is a royal room worth it? I would like to call today and do the upgrade so I could use some advice.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #3133
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, you can quite easily sit and look out of the windows, or even sit outside in the alcove beside the walkway - think of it as a porch rather than a balcony. The Royal Rooms on corners do have that extra window too, just like other parts of the resort.

Andre
Oh she loves porches and I had no idea about the Alcove Thanks so much, definitely booking POR and very happy with it as an option.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #3134
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Oh she loves porches and I had no idea about the Alcove Thanks so much, definitely booking POR and very happy with it as an option.
Yes, although it's not private there is generally very little foot traffic past any individual room (as there are so many route options) and it's still a nice place to sit out and watch the world go by:

Andre

Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #3135
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, although it's not private there is generally very little foot traffic past any individual room (as there are so many route options) and it's still a nice place to sit out and watch the world go by:

Andre
I sat outside few mornings and had my coffee while the kids were sleeping. Very peaceful resort.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: