Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #1
Lesia
Mouseketeer

Requesting a dining room server

We cruised on the Dream December 2011, and are going again on the DVC member cruise in September 2013. We would love to request our same server for dining, he was such a fantastic guy.

How do we do that, can we do that?

Thanks.
Lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesia View Post
We cruised on the Dream December 2011, and are going again on the DVC member cruise in September 2013. We would love to request our same server for dining, he was such a fantastic guy.

How do we do that, can we do that?

Thanks.
Yes, just call DCL (or your TA will do this) and have the request put on your reservation. A note of caution here, just have one request pertaining to the same thing. For example, don't request a specific server and specific dining rotation. It's possible that server may not be on that rotation. Or, don't request a specific server and specific asst server (team), as they may not be working as a team anymore, or even on the same ship. If there are conflicts (as in cases like this), DCL usually doesn't know which request is more important, and won't grant either.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

I have done this serveral times with success. You should absolutely put the request through to DCL, but keep in mine requests are just that and they do not guarantee compliance. The next step is as soon as you get on board, go to whereever they are handling dining assignements. Aske them to check you assignment and see if you are in fact in that server's station and rotation. If not, in most cases they will be able to switch you. Like I said, I've done this several times, sometimes it was done before we got on board, sometimes it was changed only when we checked.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Have your TA call DCL and put in the request. Ignore the "this is only a request" speech. Then after boarding, go to "Dining changes" to see if you got the request and if you can be moved if it was not initially granted.

Sometimes there can be issues....on one cruise we found out that 18 people had requested our favorite server. (we got him, but the rest didn't!) On another, we met a great couple as we'd each requested the same person...but thru some sort of screw up, we didn't have her on the first night. It was worked out though and we had her the rest of the cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Lesia
Mouseketeer

Thanks y'all. I'll call and request.
Lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #6
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

When you call, will the DCL CM be able to tell you if your requested server is still onboard the ship you plan to sail on?

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortman65 View Post
When you call, will the DCL CM be able to tell you if your requested server is still onboard the ship you plan to sail on?
No, they will not be able to tell you.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: