Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to read about your BIL. Hope he is home now and doing well. Thoughts with you all.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Hope your BIL is doing better. Really is scary to have something like that happen on a cruise. I'm very glad to hear that Disney is taking good care of your sister. I'm sure that haing an interperter is a huge help in a situation like this. It sure would be to me, with having to be able to communicate with Dr's and other medical staff.
This is a really good example of why I am willing to pay more to have trip insurance, and bring passports. You never know when you may really need them.
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling

Thank you for all the good wishes. He was flown back to the states via an air med flight and is now under the care of a cardiologist near their hometown. He did end up having another procedure to open a 90% blocked artery. There will be a big lifestyle change in their home!

As I said before, my sister says DCL was very helpful and supportive throughout. Another couple was on their air med flight. They were enduring a similar situation but on a different cruise line. They were not supported at all. No one from their cruise line assisted them in any way. I must say, this isn't our family's first experience with Disney service following a health crisis. I broke my leg in a park a few years ago. Disney and DVC were helpful during and after that crisis too.

Last edited by wehavesix; 01-27-2013 at 12:05 PM.
wehavesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
AbsyBabsy
Disney Diva

I am so glad to hear your Bill is recovering. My husband and I were on this cruise and heard the bright star alert. The man making the announcement sounded very worried. Within a few minutes of the alert - the boat turned around for Cozumel. We were hoping the passenger was doing better and we were so sorry that he and his family were not able to continue the journey with us. We heard it was a heart attack and although we did not know who it was, we thought about him and the family often.

Thank you for posting.

Wonder 2006, Magic 2007, Wonder 2008, Magic 2009, Wonder 2009, Wonder 2010, Wonder 2010, Oasis 2010, Magic 3/19/2011, Dream 4/7/2011, Dream 1/26/2012 Platinum baby! Fantasy 6/2/12 Dream 9/2/12, upcoming: Fantasy 2013, Dream 2013, Fantasy 2014 Booked!
AbsyBabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #20
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsyBabsy View Post
I am so glad to hear your Bill is recovering. My husband and I were on this cruise and heard the bright star alert. The man making the announcement sounded very worried. Within a few minutes of the alert - the boat turned around for Cozumel. We were hoping the passenger was doing better and we were so sorry that he and his family were not able to continue the journey with us. We heard it was a heart attack and although we did not know who it was, we thought about him and the family often.

Thank you for posting.
We, too, were on this cruise. Glad to hear all is well! The PP sums up our sediments exactly.
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #21
jhartlov
Earning My Ears

I too was on this cruise and I'm thrilled to hear that he's getting the care he needed and is on his way.

I'm sure you've heard the details of the itinerary revisions that were made, however I want you to know that I was on the pool deck when the Captain made the announcment the next day. He said that the passenger requiring medical attention last night has stabilized and is receiving the care they require. I think it was the first time the boat truly breathed after hearing one of us went through something tragic. That breath was followed by a huge cheer.

All the best to him as he continues to recover.
jhartlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #22
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear this. We were on the Fantasy Eastern cruise the week before when a passenger had a heart attack on CC and sadly did not survive. We are so happy for your BiL and his family. We're also happy to hear that you were supported so well by DCL. We hope that your BiL's recovery continues to go well.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #23
NurseAmyD
Earning My Ears

So glad to hear that your BIL is doing okay. We are booked on a Fantasty cruise later in the year and I was debating about whether to get passports. This answered it for me. You quoted a favorite mantra of mine -- 'better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!'

Prayers for continued recovery of your BIL!
Amy

NurseAmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
wehavesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartlov
I too was on this cruise and I'm thrilled to hear that he's getting the care he needed and is on his way.

I'm sure you've heard the details of the itinerary revisions that were made, however I want you to know that I was on the pool deck when the Captain made the announcment the next day. He said that the passenger requiring medical attention last night has stabilized and is receiving the care they require. I think it was the first time the boat truly breathed after hearing one of us went through something tragic. That breath was followed by a huge cheer.

All the best to him as he continues to recover.
Aw! That warms my heart! I sent a link to this thread to my sister so they could read it. I'll be sure she sees this post. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
wehavesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Queen
So glad to hear this. We were on the Fantasy Eastern cruise the week before when a passenger had a heart attack on CC and sadly did not survive. We are so happy for your BiL and his family. We're also happy to hear that you were supported so well by DCL. We hope that your BiL's recovery continues to go well.
I heard about that! How awful for that family!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: