DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

I have taken DD on a just the 2 of us twice.. in addititon I almost always go down earlier than him with just kiddo, as he gets less vacation time.

NO GUILT love it! It is some of our best times.. cause we do super cheap on the food no TS, and no extras like dessert party, means no planning.. just fun.

I am thinking of going in June and getting 1 more trip out of APS .. but DH will not be able to come.. Not sure if I will take both DD8 and DD1, or just DD8, or bring a friend along to ride with DD8, or watch baby while DD8 and I ride.. but if I go I PROMISE to have fun, and enjoy every minute without any guilt!

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Figee17
Mouseketeer

DH travels A LOT for work, so I will sometimes take DS away without DH either when he is traveling or when he can't or doesn't want to take off work.
I can't imagine NOT wanting to vacation (every cahnce I get), but everyone is different. Its nice to have an understanding with your spouse about things like that and then you each get "your way." Plus, I think its great for the kids to get a little one on one time with each parent.
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
Figee17
Mouseketeer

PS - as a busy working mom myself, I would LOVE for DH to take DS on a little vacation. It would be great bonding time for them and nice quiet time for me!
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

I've done it many times. I get 4 weeks vacation and DH gets 2 so that is one factor. We do one family vacation a year. The kids are always with me though and I can betcha once they are older, I would love to do a girls only vacation. Don't feel bad, perhaps your wife needs a break.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #20
MomToPirate&Princess
Mouseketeer

Go for it and have a great time.

They had a kids play/stay/dine for free deal and airfaire was super cheap a couple summers ago right before the kiddos started back to school. DH couldn't get away from work but encouraged us to go ahead. I felt bad leaving him home at first and a little nervous about going alone with DS8 and DD6 at the time. We ended up going. The price was too good to pass up. We had a great trip and neither of us regretted it at all.

I surprised him by taking Flat Daddy pictures while we were there. It was a fun project for the kids picking places/rides/characters etc to take the pictures and he loved the photo book we made him when we got home.
MomToPirate&Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Yeah, a girlfriend of mine and I are taking the kids for presidents weekend. We're really excited!!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

If its because she CANT go... Id feel guilty.

If its because she doesnt WANT to go..... Enjoy the hallpass!
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
Starr W.
DIS Veteran

My DH insists I try to take a "me trip" once a year. He travels frequently for business, so I am home a lot with the 2 kids(though they are 11/16 there is a lot of running around)plus toss my non-driving sister in the mix, common known to most people who know me as my "3rd child".

I did the NCL Epic cruise right after Thanksgiving in one of their studio cabins. Had a blast, met one of my buddies from TUG in Miami before my cruise.

I did a solo WDW trip back in 2009 for F&W, had the AP and a few banked points that we didn't have plans for. It was great, went to the GF and did the full blown tea, rode the rides I wanted, walked around and just enjoyed the parks.

My husband thinks it is a good thing for my sanity to get away from the gang once a year.
Starr W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: