Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #31
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

The zero depth isn't the biggest pool but that made it nice for the younger kids. They were safer from from the rowdiness of older kids.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Bumping, with a link to my review of Silver Lake.
Iforgetmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #33
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iforgetmypassword View Post
Bumping, with a link to my review of Silver Lake.
Bummer! I wish that you had a better room and had better options for changing rooms. If you are willing, could you please elaborate on the resort itself. Did you use any other amenities? Based on your post, it sounds like there is more than one pool. Are they close to one another? What are the differences? Also, when you booked thru RCI, did you book Silver Lake Or Silver Lake-Silver Points? We are booked in a one bedroom Silver Lake Silver Points and I am wondering what the difference is and whether it is a noticeable one. Any other insight that you think might be helpful? TIA!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Bummer! I wish that you had a better room and had better options for changing rooms. If you are willing, could you please elaborate on the resort itself. Did you use any other amenities? Based on your post, it sounds like there is more than one pool. Are they close to one another? What are the differences? Also, when you booked thru RCI, did you book Silver Lake Or Silver Lake-Silver Points? We are booked in a one bedroom Silver Lake Silver Points and I am wondering what the difference is and whether it is a noticeable one. Any other insight that you think might be helpful? TIA!
I'll try to elaborate on the resort some now. We really didn't use any amenities. On the day we arrived, we were focusing on making sure the other parts of our full group also arrived intact, and getting groceries. My 17-year old and I walked over to the main pool, and swam for a bit. It had a tiny splash pool for babies. There's also a bar and a hot tub by the main pool.

There was another, smaller pool right beside the main pool, and the one with a zero-entry, like I mentioned earlier. We also liked that there was no music blaring at the zero-entry pool, like there was at the main pool.

We are RCI Weeks members, I don't know what is different about it and points.

I suggest using Bing maps, or Google maps, to look at the layout of the resort. We were in the 400 building.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
ampc3
DIS Veteran

if you aren't an RCI member or military.... who do you all recommend booking this with? TIA

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #36
Iforgetmypassword
"I am Mrs. Nesbit!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
if you aren't an RCI member or military.... who do you all recommend booking this with? TIA
I don't know. I have RCI, and wanted a 3-bedroom condo for the week that just ended. Silver Lake was available, so I booked it with RCI.