Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #1756
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820
I am on pins and needles waiting for my sister and her husband to decided if they are going to travel to sinewy the same dates as we are. I showed them the BC/YC and my sister fell in love! Now it's trying to get her husband to go along with it. For so crazy, insane reason he is in love with the all stars. Ok I'm not a value knocker, but they can book with Disney direct and stay there or for the same price book threw a TA get an unbelievable deal stay at the BC/YC CL for the exact same price! It's like comparing apples to oranges! A no brainier to me! BC/YC CL here I come I would be yelling!

My nephew is 13 we were showing his dad the pictures of the pool I thought he was going to die. He is such a good kid, so is my niece this would be their first visit to Disney. I say go big or go home.

It's literally the same price how can I convince him this is the way to go. My sister is totally in love
First, I cautiously use this analogy: To me, when we stayed in a value (Pop Century 2004), it was an adequate resort for sleep. But we stayed 9 nights. It was staying at a McDonalds Playland. It was obnoxiously loud, kids were out of control, the food court was like a buffet fast food joint. Someone pooed in the pool and everyone had to get out. It was just wild. I don't know, it just wasn't our speed. When people ask me for my honest experience, I compare value to like staying in a McDonalds Playland. (We don't even eat McD's).

Now, we went to other resorts and scoped out what options were on property. Our kids are much more mild mannered (ok, not always, but DH has this whisper thing that instantly quiets our children, lol) and they are accustom to being "out and about". BC is EXACTY what we are looking for, calm/cool/collective (so the phrase goes), no wild food court, secured pool entry, great location to parks, water and boardwalk.

Maybe present it like this. Ask him where he wants to have dinner...

1) McDonalds/Long John Silvers (value)
2) Olive Garden/Red Lobster (moderate)
3) Rockefeller Center (I was trying to come up with a fancy restaurant that anyone would know but was at a loss!!)

Just trying to help. Maybe I just offered a rambling laugh!!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #1757
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
First, I cautiously use this analogy: To me, when we stayed in a value (Pop Century 2004), it was an adequate resort for sleep. But we stayed 9 nights. It was staying at a McDonalds Playland. It was obnoxiously loud, kids were out of control, the food court was like a buffet fast food joint. Someone pooed in the pool and everyone had to get out. It was just wild. I don't know, it just wasn't our speed. When people ask me for my honest experience, I compare value to like staying in a McDonalds Playland. (We don't even eat McD's).

Now, we went to other resorts and scoped out what options were on property. Our kids are much more mild mannered (ok, not always, but DH has this whisper thing that instantly quiets our children, lol) and they are accustom to being "out and about". BC is EXACTY what we are looking for, calm/cool/collective (so the phrase goes), no wild food court, secured pool entry, great location to parks, water and boardwalk.

3) Rockefeller Center (I was trying to come up with a fancy restaurant that anyone would know but was at a loss!!)

Just trying to help. Maybe I just offered a rambling laugh!!
I'm just gonna say that we have stayed in a lot of values, but our best stay yet was WL....although it was the first time we experienced someone pooing in the pool!

It can happen anywhere. Despite that, WL CL turned us to deluxe junkies, and we can't wait for our YC CL stay!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #1758
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
The weekend of February 24th.

Amanda
Yep. 2/26 I leave for Jeanne's. By then I may be Saturdays and Sundays permanently. I'll post when/if the days get changed permanently. Only day I'm sure of now is Sundays!!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #1759
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Just don't set his expectations on other people's behavior too high. There are good and bad people at all of the resorts. I stayed at AoA last trip, and it was a lovely time. No problems with kids acting up, or adults with wild behavior. We went to the CR for dinner, and there were kids running wild all over the lobby, up and down the escalators, yelling, etc. You're going to find "those" people just about everywhere, unfortunately.

I'd sell him on the amenities, convenience, and beautiful beach and pool.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #1760
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

I started my post with the disclaimer of "cautiously using this analogy", sometimes it's hard to write what you mean, but you want to be helpful....

Anyone ever read the letter without punctuation and then with? Same words, but it's perceived completely different. I apologize if I offended ANYONE, never my intention. :0(

Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #1761
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Yep. 2/26 I leave for Jeanne's. By then I may be Saturdays and Sundays permanently. I'll post when/if the days get changed permanently. Only day I'm sure of now is Sundays!!
We're staying offsite and I have my 3 little monsters with me but I'll try to stop by BC!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #1762
jonofrio
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="medicgirl177"]

Just trying to help. Maybe I just offered a rambling laugh!![/

Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #1763
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

My brother in law has stayed at the all stars when he was younger in his early twenties. I told him they are great resorts, a lot of kids and a lot of ppl with No extras. I compared motel 6 - 4 seasons lol but I just want them to get the most for their $$ and if someone said to me Pam you can stay there this amount or the BC for same I wouldn't have to think about my answer. He is afraid the YC isn't as kid friendly. I can agree the values are more kid friendly but I learned my lesson the hard way. From now on I choose my resort for me and my husband and leave the parks for the kids.

I don't know I just want them to go. My sister deserves a great vacation

Lol we stayed at AKL and an adult swam over to the lifeguard and told him HE pooped in the pool! My daughter was 3 @ the time she still talks about it!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #1764
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Oh man I'm never going to be able to swim in a Disney pool after reading this thread. I had no idea.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #1765
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Good morning from my new favorite resort YC!!!!

We arrived a little after midnight in a pixie dusted Tahoe - I rented a regular SUV and Alamo upgraded us. Love the extra space and comfort!!

Check in was a little frustrating. The cm was unsure of everything and couldn't confirm our dining plan, told me gold keys don't exist, and just about had a heart attack when I asked him to use my gift cards. Our luggage got to our room before we did. He also insisted on giving my 11 year old charging privileges when I said no. I was too tired to fight so I just went with it and first thing this morning the wonderful club level cm redid everything and magically the gold cards appeared!! And dd no longer has charging privileges, sorry darling!!!

The room? Love it! View is Sab and boardwalk. Spectacular!!! No issues whatsoever. I'm in heaven.

Had breakfast in the lounge and getting ready to go get ds haircut at mk barber shop. Dinner tonight is BOG

Thank you for all of your well wishes, only you folks could understand what I was going through!

[/url]
Old 01-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #1766
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post

We arrived a little after midnight in a pixie dusted Tahoe - I rented a regular SUV and Alamo upgraded us. Love the extra space and comfort!!

Check in was a little frustrating. The cm was unsure of everything and couldn't confirm our dining plan, told me gold keys don't exist, and just about had a heart attack when I asked him to use my gift cards. Our luggage got to our room before we did. He also insisted on giving my 11 year old charging privileges when I said no. I was too tired to fight so I just went with it and first thing this morning the wonderful club level cm redid everything and magically the gold cards appeared!! And dd no longer has charging privileges, sorry darling!!!

The room? Love it! View is Sab and boardwalk. Spectacular!!! No issues whatsoever. I'm in heaven.

Had breakfast in the lounge and getting ready to go get ds haircut at mk barber shop. Dinner tonight is BOG

Thank you for all of your well wishes, only you folks could understand what I was going through!
Glad you got there in the end! Enjoy yourself you deserve it
Old 01-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #1767
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you guys made it!!!! Were you checked in upstairs or downstairs??? IMHO, if you do the CL check in downstairs it creates lots of confusion. I didn't know any better last time. Next time I will ask to go upstairs I guess.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #1768
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Is it Better to give your room requests to the IPO or the cm on the phone when booking?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #1769
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA

So happy you are there safely and ready to begin your much deserved vacation! Looking forward to hearing any snippits you can share. Are you doing first haircut at Harmony?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #1770
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Have a magical day! Haircut sounds fun

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: