Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #511
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

So ladies, I apologize that I have been MIA for a bit but trying to get back onto the boards and catch up. I'll have to come back and comment once I'm all caught up!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #512
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah - you arrived! Sorry I am three days late to your arrival! I think the race packet pick up place (or whatever you call it ) looks pretty cool! I love all that running/race stuff. I guess I really should do a Disney race one of these years, if for no other reason but to go check out the merchandise!

Your veggie wrap looks yummy. Sorry you weren't able to eat much.

King of WDW chowder? Now there's an esteemed title!

Yeah for Andrew arriving. Cute pic of the two of you!

I forgot you were going to Universal, but puking does NOT sound good!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #514
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
So ladies, I apologize that I have been MIA for a bit but trying to get back onto the boards and catch up. I'll have to come back and comment once I'm all caught up!
Welcome back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - you arrived! Sorry I am three days late to your arrival! I think the race packet pick up place (or whatever you call it ) looks pretty cool! I love all that running/race stuff. I guess I really should do a Disney race one of these years, if for no other reason but to go check out the merchandise!

I would recommend doing one of the Princess races

Your veggie wrap looks yummy. Sorry you weren't able to eat much.

King of WDW chowder? Now there's an esteemed title!

Yeah for Andrew arriving. Cute pic of the two of you!

I forgot you were going to Universal, but puking does NOT sound good!
The wrap was good I wish I had been able to enjoy it more!

He had clam chowder in three different places

Thank you!

Nope it wasn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Yay.....I can't wait to hear all about your time at Universal!! Great pics btw!
It will be exciting!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #515
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
Even though I wasn't participating in the Tower of Terror 10 Mile we were going to the party so we needed to pick up my race packet.
You weren't participating in the race but you got a race packet?

You got some 'splainin' to do!

Quote:
Our entertainment during lunch was watching these two guys film their ESPN show.
That sounds kind of cool. Was it? Or did it get old quick?

Quote:
He claims ESPN has the best clam chowder and after having it at two other places I am pretty sure he is the King of WDW chowder.
I love a good clam chowder... and they're not easy to find. Good ones that is. If I'm ever there, I know what to order now!

Quote:
After we were done we waited a bit because the fourth member of our party had just arrived!!! Yep Andrew finally showed up to enjoy our vacation to!
Must have been an amazing moment for you!

Quote:
Once he had eaten, a hamburger with bacon , we headed to the actual expo.
Hey! Don't you be to bacon hamburgers! I didn't to your veggie wrap! (Well, that and it looked good... but still!)

Besides, the only thing better then a bacon hamburger is a bacon cheeseburger... with chilli.

Quote:
Yeah another lacking in pictures update sorry.
Wow. You must really have not been feeling well!

Quote:
I was very upset we didn't have the camera because of course we got the Avengorail.
Guess you'll just have to go back, hmmmm????

Quote:
We sat in the Hulk section and I proceeded to give Andrew the tour and explanation of all of the areas.
Was he overwhelmed yet?

Quote:
Once at the Magic Kingdom we got the tickets activated and let me tell you it was hard not to rush into the park!
I don't know if I would've had your mental fortitude.

No, I know.

I definitely would've run in.

Quote:
Luckily before we got done it started raining.
I think that's the first time I've heard that!

"We went to Disney and luckily it started to rain even before we got in the first park!!! So excited!!"

Quote:
It wasn't raining too bad so we walked slowly to the bus stops. About half way there a monsoon hit and Andrew and I ran laughing through the rain. It was quite cute
Awww.... My kingdom for a camcorder.

Quote:
We got off the bus at SSR and got lost going back to the room We actually had to have mom and dad come pick us up
I'm sure you weren't the least bit embarrassed. "Look Andrew! I'm a Disney expert! I know where all the hidden Mickeys are! I'm all knowing! I'm a Disney connoisseur! I'm... I'm... I'm lost!"

Quote:
Our Walking Dead t shirts on and all dried off we hopped in the car to head to Universal....

Next up:
OH SHE'S PUKING!
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to read what's up next!

Whoops! Poor choice of words, there.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #516
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
You weren't participating in the race but you got a race packet?

You got some 'splainin' to do!

I had paid to do the race I was just to sick to actually run in it

That sounds kind of cool. Was it? Or did it get old quick?

It was pretty boring They just sat there for the most part and talked about sports for maybe 10 minutes

I love a good clam chowder... and they're not easy to find. Good ones that is. If I'm ever there, I know what to order now!

Yep it is above Cape May and Columbia Harbor House!

Must have been an amazing moment for you!

I was very happy to see him!

Hey! Don't you be to bacon hamburgers! I didn't to your veggie wrap! (Well, that and it looked good... but still!)

Besides, the only thing better then a bacon hamburger is a bacon cheeseburger... with chilli.

I don't eat cow for the most part but the smell of it while I was sick did not make me feel any better

Wow. You must really have not been feeling well!

I know right?!

Guess you'll just have to go back, hmmmm????

Yep this May is my make up for everything I missed out on in September/October trip

Was he overwhelmed yet?

Of course!

I don't know if I would've had your mental fortitude.

No, I know.

I definitely would've run in.

I think that's the first time I've heard that!

"We went to Disney and luckily it started to rain even before we got in the first park!!! So excited!!"

Well the rain stopped any desire to go in to the park

Awww.... My kingdom for a camcorder.

I'm sure you weren't the least bit embarrassed. "Look Andrew! I'm a Disney expert! I know where all the hidden Mickeys are! I'm all knowing! I'm a Disney connoisseur! I'm... I'm... I'm lost!"

I wasn't the bus driver told us to get off on the wrong stop so I was all "that bus driver is an idiot".

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to read what's up next!

Whoops! Poor choice of words, there.

Thanks for reading!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 02-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #517
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

So last I left you we were on our way to Universal aka "THE DARK SIDE" Once I had heard about the Walking Dead set up at Halloween Horror Nights I knew I needed to go! I am a huge fan of that show and I love zombies in general so I knew it would be awesome!

I didn't take any pics so I will post general pictures with descriptions of the houses. Once we got there we automatically headed towards the walking dead house knowing it would be the one everyone wanted to see.

It was awesome!!!! It took you through the hospital Sheriff Rick first wakes up in and all through Churchill's zombie infested barn! Luckily we didn't need to sacrifice Andrew to any zombies..because we would have...that is why you get married right? Or am I the only one that had you will be my zombie bait in case of an apocalypse in the commitment part? just kidding...

After that house we headed to the one I was most afraid of... The Silent Hill house.

This is based off of a video game and there is also a movie based off of the first video game. It's just pretty creepy. I don't know much more than I researched but trust me it's like some psychiatric ward nightmare. It was pretty cool.

Next up was the one I knew wouldn't scare me Penn and Teller's radioactive Las Vegas

It was cute and cheesy which I basically loved! I especially loved the Wedding Chapel couple that's fused together!

Another haunted house they had was based off of the music of Alice Cooper.

It was okay just kind of weird..

After hitting up the haunted houses we took in one of the shows.

It was pretty interesting and sorry to any Republican readers but I found the Mitt Romney part enjoyable...

There was also a ton of streetmosphere people walking around which added to the ambiance of Horror Nights. Watching Andrew get chased by a chainsaw wielding crazy woman probably my favorite moment ever

Are you beginning to wonder what happened to the puking?

Are you curious as to why I mentioned that as up next?

Well dear readers none of that happened.

Everything I typed a lie.

Well besides wanting to go to Halloween Horror Nights and using my future husband as zombie bait.

We never even made it out of SSR.

We were headed to leave when I began to feel sick. I asked if we could stop by the resort gift shop to get me something to drink with my tylenol. Well after I took it I began to feel even worse. We made it to the main gate and... I had to open up the car door and get sick. The "SHES PUKING" was from my sweet ever pleasant future husband Andrew. We ended up turning around and headed back to the room where I promptly got into pjs and lied down. I began having the chills again and didn't move from the bed the rest of the night. Dad picked up Wolfgang Puck Express for Andrew and I and got me my mashed potatoes. After an hour mom called to check in on us and her and grandpa headed back to the room after their dinner at Cape May. The rest of the night was spent with me sick while my dad and Andrew finally got to have some fun at DTD.

Around 6 I woke up and got sick again and crawled back into bed. Mom woke up and asked me if I was okay. I said yes but I get married in an hour....

Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #518
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Everything I typed a lie.

Well besides wanting to go to Halloween Horror Nights and using my future husband as zombie bait.

We never even made it out of SSR.

Good one! You really had me going there! Where did you get the party pics? Did you go later?

Ugh - the old Tylenol on an empty stomach puke. You poor thing. Well, at least you got sick BEFORE you left SSR.

Well, I know you got married the next day so hopefully you recovered long enough to enjoy all the festivities.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #519
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good one! You really had me going there! Where did you get the party pics? Did you go later?

Ugh - the old Tylenol on an empty stomach puke. You poor thing. Well, at least you got sick BEFORE you left SSR.

Well, I know you got married the next day so hopefully you recovered long enough to enjoy all the festivities.
I got them off the internet. My ticket would have been good all weekend but we never had another chance to go.

Yea we didn't learn until the next day that we had to keep me fed in order to avoid being sick.

I might have..

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #520
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got them off the internet. My ticket would have been good all weekend but we never had another chance to go.

Yea we didn't learn until the next day that we had to keep me fed in order to avoid being sick.

I might have..
Well. I hope you get a chance to go again sometime in the future. That party does look really fun. I do like all that super scary stuff. Hmmm.....that gives me an idea. Maybe I'll try to talk Denny into heading over there next October. That would be a great way to get a Universal taste and get the beejesus scared out of me.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #521
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well. I hope you get a chance to go again sometime in the future. That party does look really fun. I do like all that super scary stuff. Hmmm.....that gives me an idea. Maybe I'll try to talk Denny into heading over there next October. That would be a great way to get a Universal taste and get the beejesus scared out of me.
I am hoping to go in September when Andrew and I go for our one year anniversary

I have heard great things about it and from all of the videos I watched it seems like an awesome experience!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #522
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am hoping to go in September when Andrew and I go for our one year anniversary

I have heard great things about it and from all of the videos I watched it seems like an awesome experience!
That sounds like an awesome plan. I think I'll check out the prices for October. I wonder if it runs past October 31st! Thanks for giving me the suggestion. I'm going to do some research on it.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #523
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That sounds like an awesome plan. I think I'll check out the prices for October. I wonder if it runs past October 31st! Thanks for giving me the suggestion. I'm going to do some research on it.
Great! I hope it fits into your plans!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #524
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about how sick you were and that you missed HHN.

This is not a great start. But at least Andrew is there with you. In sickness and in health.

'Til Zombies Do You Part!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #525
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report!!! I have been with my husband for 10 years now (feel like we need an award lol), so celebrating a 28 yr anniversary (I think that's what I saw on your dh's anniversary button?) is very awesome, congrats! I'm really happy to hear that he is okay health wise, but that was super scary. Hope your daughter is ok healthwise too, if I read correctly, the pain she was experiencing was a popped cyst? I have to say, before she wrote that, I was thinking "Baby on the way!"

Also, love the bridal shower pic of your daughter, with her Beauty & the beast china, it is beautiful!! So nice that you were able to plan your daughter's shower for her! When I think back to my shower, while it turned out nice, it's sad to me that 2 of the "ladies" in my bridal party did not want to include my mom in the fun plannings of the shower, as I am her only daughter. Never could understand why someone would do that.. Anyhow, enough about my rant that was But just seeing that pic of you and your daughter at her shower, it was very sweet. Seems like you have a special bond with your daughter! I have that with both my mom and my daughter. I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: