Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Wow you have some great ADR's going on! I take it your on the dining plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
So I must post the cutest baby that has ever been.... my little niece who I can't wait to meet!!!

How's that for an update!!!???
Oh man, she's adorable. And that outfit! Are you kidding me? I love it! If I ever have a girl, i'm going to have to steal this idea.

Quote:
Well I finally got around to upload some fun photos!!

I had some Disney Dream Dollars from my Visa that were going to expire on the first, so I had to make a Disney Store order... poor me

I got new shirts for our trip!!

Am I the only one that finds I wear the same things on vacation year after year? We only have "summer" here for about 2 months so I find that my summer clothes as a result last forever! Sometimes when sorting photos I have to look at how long my hair is to figure out what year it is!!
I feel so bad for you that you had to go shopping for Disney clothes... For me, I only wear my Disney clothes to either Disneyland, Disney World, or the Disney cruises so I feel like I keep wearing the same Disney things over and over. I tend to buy at least one new shirt for every upcoming trip I have. Like for the TR i'm doing right now, I had to find a Disney shirt for MVMCP. Well, I didn't 'have' to, but I felt it was necessary

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #32
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow you have some great ADR's going on! I take it your on the dining plan?

As of right now we are thinking of trying OOP. I have changes some of those as well, I should do an update!!!!

Oh man, she's adorable. And that outfit! Are you kidding me? I love it! If I ever have a girl, i'm going to have to steal this idea.

She is the so adorable, I just love her to pieces, we are already starting to plan her first trip!!

I feel so bad for you that you had to go shopping for Disney clothes... For me, I only wear my Disney clothes to either Disneyland, Disney World, or the Disney cruises so I feel like I keep wearing the same Disney things over and over. I tend to buy at least one new shirt for every upcoming trip I have. Like for the TR i'm doing right now, I had to find a Disney shirt for MVMCP. Well, I didn't 'have' to, but I felt it was necessary

I know, it's a rough life, but we suffer through
I replied in your message, I was too lazy to break it apart, yep it's one of those days...
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #33
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Sister View Post
I'm pretty sure you meant your sister had the most beautiful baby in the world, who has already dressed up like Minnie mouse before she was six weeks old, blessing you with this trip. J/k. I would totally steal your thread if I knew how to post pictures
Seriously, cutest baby Minnie ever! Makes me want to kidnap her to cuddle for a while!
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Yoooohooo! I made it over here! I'm impatiently waiting for some more updates, specifically when you get back so I can look at your pictures. I have like a bazillion more days before I go...not even booked but I'm thinking we'll have to go back next year to see the rest of Fantasyland when it opens! Maybe we'll go at the same time!
PebblesMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #35
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh your niece is so cute! That minnie outfit is just precious! We'll have to get her and Foster together, I brought Mickey ears to his newborn portrait session, so they are baby Minnie and baby Mickey!

I also love your new Disney clothes! I am so guilty of wearing the same outfits over and over to Disney. I don't usually wear my Disney t-shirts in real life, so they only come out for vacation!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #36
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Seriously, cutest baby Minnie ever! Makes me want to kidnap her to cuddle for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Yoooohooo! I made it over here! I'm impatiently waiting for some more updates, specifically when you get back so I can look at your pictures. I have like a bazillion more days before I go...not even booked but I'm thinking we'll have to go back next year to see the rest of Fantasyland when it opens! Maybe we'll go at the same time!
I am going to update today, I have changed our ADRs, and in some cases our parks all around!!!! I will see if I can find a few old pictures to make this more colorful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh your niece is so cute! That minnie outfit is just precious! We'll have to get her and Foster together, I brought Mickey ears to his newborn portrait session, so they are baby Minnie and baby Mickey!

I also love your new Disney clothes! I am so guilty of wearing the same outfits over and over to Disney. I don't usually wear my Disney t-shirts in real life, so they only come out for vacation!
You boys are just so cute!!! I can't wait to see the baby Mickey photos! I have been wearing my new Mickey shirts around a bit more! I work my pink one to work yesterday. They all know I am a Disney nut, and encourage me, so I figure, why not!?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #37
My sister's princess

One of the things that is best about being a Disney lover is that it isn't hard for people to know how to throw you a party!!!

The night before my birthday a group of my friends and I went out to dinner and I had my first volcano bowl... fun stuff.

The next day, my actual birthday I was sent to the scrapbook store (yeah I knew there was going to be a cake when I got home) and came home a full blown princess party!

Complete with this amazing cake made my one of my best friends

And now, I am 22 (plus a few) and that much closer to our trip!!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 01-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #38
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Love the cake! Looks delicious too

Happy belated Birthday!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Love the cake! Looks delicious too

Happy belated Birthday!
It was so tasty!!!! And Thank You!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #40
My sister's princess

New and Improved Schedule!!!

Because I plan to the point of obsession, I have cancelled and scheduled, and moved and re-arranged!!!

So Now, let me share our plans for Days 0-3

Day 0 - Arrival Day: 4/16

We fly in late afternoon, but will have to be up before 5. Because of this, I figure we could check in, settle in our room (if it is ready) and then head to Magic Kingdom.

We hope to hit Big Thunder and Splash and then Haunted Mansion, before/after our 6:45 reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. The plan is to stick to ONLY Liberty Square (which is an argument between Josh and I, he insists that Liberty Square doesn't count as a "land") We don't want to go anywhere near the New Fantasyland until we can explore it in full. We also want to have a limit to what we are going to do after the great migraine of 2011, where I ended up not being able to enjoy Liberty Tree as a result.

Day One - Magic Kingdom - 4/17

We are going to get breakfast at the Mara before we head to the park so I can get me some Mickey waffles!

We will head strait to Bell's Enchanted Tails, and then explore the rest of the New Fantasyland!

Once we are done with New Fantasyland, we will head over to Columbia Harbor House and have some lunch, so that I can get some of that yummy shrimp that they hide there! We had thought about doing Cosmic Ray's before, but after deciding we wanted to try Be our Guest for lunch later in the week, I had to do a switch a roo!

The rest of the afternoon will be a mishmash of great thrills through the Magic Kingdom!!
For dinner we will be dining in the newest enchanted castle : Be Our Guest, at 8. After dinner we are going to catch Wishes and the Electrical Parade, if we are able to stand still!! If we don't catch the parade ( it's at 11, which is late for us!!) we will have another chance (or two) later in the week

Day 2 - Epcot - 4/18

Our first Epcot day is going to include a wonderful breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! LOVE this place!!

We want to spend the morning in Future World, then have lunch at the take out station of the Rose and Crown before spending the afternoon in the World Showcase.

We are then going to have dinner at the Garden Grill. We have never been there, but we love the land ride, and didn't have a character meal, so I think this was a good fit. The original plan called for Le Cellier, but once they switched the menu over, we just couldn't justify the price

After dinner I figure we will have enough time to grab me a nice glass of champagne and then enjoy the show!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #41
The Big Sister
Earning My Ears

It doesn't let me know when you update munchkin, how do I fix that? Thanks everyone for the sweet comments on Jocelyn. We think she is the cutest Minnie Mouse ever and are very excited for her first trip.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Happy Birthday... a few days late.

Quote:
We hope to hit Big Thunder and Splash and then Haunted Mansion, before/after our 6:45 reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. The plan is to stick to ONLY Liberty Square (which is an argument between Josh and I, he insists that Liberty Square doesn't count as a "land")
Well, just for the sake of adding to your argument... Big Thunder and Splash are in Frontierland, not Liberty Square...

Quote:
We will head strait to Bell's Enchanted Tails, and then explore the rest of the New Fantasyland!
You have a very good plan.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #43
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Sister View Post
It doesn't let me know when you update munchkin, how do I fix that? Thanks everyone for the sweet comments on Jocelyn. We think she is the cutest Minnie Mouse ever and are very excited for her first trip.
Let me see what I can do about that......

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Happy Birthday... a few days late.
Why thank you!!!

Quote:
Well, just for the sake of adding to your argument... Big Thunder and Splash are in Frontierland, not Liberty Square...
Good call on that one.... I should modify that... but I don't want to be one of those people who changes what they write when the meanies come out! Same idea though, we are limiting ourselves to a small part of the park!

Quote:
You have a very good plan.

I hope so, every other way I tried it resulted in at least a half hour wait, and I don't want that...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
My sister's princess

So something fun for the trip came in the mail today!!!

Don't mind my "I didn't go to work today, so I didn't put on makeup or brush my hair" look

I ordered this adorable hat from Disney Movie Rewards, or should I say, Josh did! Last year I admired a cute sun hat the whole trip, and never bought it, well we were looking at the site and he saw me loving this, and clicked the order button!!

Here are a few close ups!

The crazy thing is Josh got me scrapping paper and it has the same pattern on a few pieces as the underside of the hat!!

I have trouble with the sun/heat so I bet this beauty is going to get a workout!! it is also very light and folds up nicely, so it will fit in the park bag well!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #45
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Good call on that one.... I should modify that... but I don't want to be one of those people who changes what they write when the meanies come out! Same idea though, we are limiting ourselves to a small part of the park!
I know, I know... sorry, meant to be sarcastic, not to be mean and nit picky.

Quote:

I hope so, every other way I tried it resulted in at least a half hour wait, and I don't want that...
We never got around to it because the line was always so long, and the outdoor part of the queue just doesn't look like it would be much fun to be stuck in.

Quote:

I have trouble with the sun/heat so I bet this beauty is going to get a workout!! it is also very light and folds up nicely, so it will fit in the park bag well!

Congrats on the new hat! I'm sure it will be very handy to have in the parks.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: