Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
XTinabell
My Homemade tag!
Has become one of .... THEM!
I feel all tingly inside!

DL to Universal Studios

I did a search but couldn't find anything, but I'm sure this has been asked before.

My family is wanting to go from Disneyland to Universal Studios to watch a taping of the Chelsea Lately show. I won't be going with them otherwise renting a car would be no problem, but the people that are going are really nervous about driving.

Are there any other ways of getting there without having to pay several hundred dollars? They didn't want to do the local city bus because it supposedly takes over two hours.

If driving is the only option, how hard of a drive would it be for someone that is nervous about driving?

Thanks!!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

There are tour companies that run tours from Anaheim to Universal, including a bus to/from USH and tickets. Check out graylineanaheim.com for the Gray Line tours there.

HTH,
Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
hreshtag
Earning My Ears

Re:

Forget about public transport, as it will take about 2.5 hours (trust me on this). Forget about taxis because it will cost an arm and a leg (it really will).

I looked at the Grayline Tours website, but I didn't see anything from Disney to Universal Studios.. maybe I overlooked it. But it seems to be around $20 per person, anyway. If you can find something like a shuttle, that'd probably be best, but I'm not familiar with any. Otherwise, car rental is your only option, other than public transport. By freeway, it should take about an hour. Unless there's traffic. If they're going to take streets instead of freeways, they might as well take public transport. It's like $5 for a day pass, and the time difference would be almost nothing. With freeway, it would take about 1-1.5 hours more with public transport. You can also try the Metrolink, although it doesn't go directly to Universal City.

I HAVE noticed some Universal 1 day tickets that include transportation from Disneyland, for a little over $100, but I've never used them before. However, that's a little over $20 extra per person, so it might even end up being more expensive than a taxi.

Your cheapest way is 100% renting a car. The trip is not bad at all. Just 2 freeways, and easy with a GPS.

To charter a Shuttle/Towncar for 3-4 people would be around $100 as well.
hreshtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Have you confirmed where they actually tape at- everything I see says Digital Media Network 12312 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064 which is quite a distance from Universal... Even if it is at NBC/Universal- be aware the working sets are quite a distance from the amusement park- and I don't know that it is walkable- like if there is a sidewalk that goes around...
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
StageTek
It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTinabell View Post
My family is wanting to go from Disneyland to Universal Studios to watch a taping of the Chelsea Lately show.
danaesacto is correct. They tape in west L.A. not Universal
Quote:
Are there any other ways of getting there without having to pay several hundred dollars? They didn't want to do the local city bus because it supposedly takes over two hours.
I can't think of another way. No tour busses go from DLR to the taping location.

Quote:
If driving is the only option, how hard of a drive would it be for someone that is nervous about driving?
Hard to say. Kind of depends, but LA traffic can be very intimidating.
StageTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: