Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Question Using GAC or fast pass

On our trips we usually get a GAC for our autistic boys. We usually travel during value season to avoid the crowds, in recent years I found that we use it less and less but I still like to get it just in case... I was once told by a CM to use a fast pass where possible which we have but I recently found out that sometimes the fast pass are out for the day (I imagine that is during peak season) but none the less I had no idea that they were limited.

So my question is should I just use the GAC and NOT use the fast pass? I feel that I am taking it away from someone else... we are a family of 5
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

They tell you to use a fastpass if available. If there aren't any, or if they are for too many hours away, we just show our GAC to the CM & let them direct us. As long as you're making the effort to use them when you can, you shouldn't feel bad.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

First, GAC and fast passes allow two different things. For instance, just because you have a GAC does not permit you to the front of the line...and it in fact puts you in a different line in many cases! I also use a GAC and get a fast pass when it is available. The reasoning behind this is that sometimes lines are ADA compatabile so you are mixed with everyone else until you get to the checkpoint where you split off because of stairs...or other reasons. fast pass can get you through the line faster as it most cases it puts you toward the front of the line.

Fast passes do run out on popular rides. RSR in cars land is a common one to run out before 10 am. ( there is a set number of fast passes that are generated by the machines for the hr. once that runs out..it moves to the next hr. and so on until it reaches the hr. Of closing in which case they would ' run out'.

All in all...this is what you should remember in timeline of fastest onto the ride to slowest. Fast pass will usually get you there quickest, single rider can sometimes get you there a little quicker after fast pass, regular line and GAC are tied for last. Often times the GAC /wheelchair line can go much slower than the regular line. Hope that helps!

P.s. this is just my experience in the parks! And please note I use the word sometimes and usually ...not guarenteed!

me on the way to DL...every time!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
First, GAC and fast passes allow two different things. For instance, just because you have a GAC does not permit you to the front of the line...and it in fact puts you in a different line in many cases! I also use a GAC and get a fast pass when it is available. The reasoning behind this is that sometimes lines are ADA compatabile so you are mixed with everyone else until you get to the checkpoint where you split off because of stairs...or other reasons. fast pass can get you through the line faster as it most cases it puts you toward the front of the line.

Fast passes do run out on popular rides. RSR in cars land is a common one to run out before 10 am. ( there is a set number of fast passes that are generated by the machines for the hr. once that runs out..it moves to the next hr. and so on until it reaches the hr. Of closing in which case they would ' run out'.

All in all...this is what you should remember in timeline of fastest onto the ride to slowest. Fast pass will usually get you there quickest, single rider can sometimes get you there a little quicker after fast pass, regular line and GAC are tied for last. Often times the GAC /wheelchair line can go much slower than the regular line. Hope that helps!

P.s. this is just my experience in the parks! And please note I use the word sometimes and usually ...not guarenteed!
Thank you that clears it up. I thought it ran out for the day and I felt guilty for taking it away from people

In any case we are using the GAC less and less. Last trip we used it only 2-3 times
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree (I need my fix )
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream

Last edited by SueM in MN; 01-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

There is more complete information about GACs in post 6 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

Since the OP's questions were answered and more information pointed to, I am closing this thread.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: