Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #16
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

DD loves it 1st show at prolly 5 or 6 and begs every trip for it. She sings the stupid jingle for days ... until we cannot take it any more.. IT IS PERFECT!

For the PP with a must do every trip.. IDK, it is the same jokes yr after yr.. I think it is a every other yr or so item, and switch between that and the MBYBBQ, but if you haven't been I HIGHLY rec it!

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

HDDR is also our very favorite dining experience in WDW, if not the entire world, and our one must-do every trip. I'm pretty sure the show is 1 hour and 45 minutes long, which would give you a whole hour to get to MK for Wishes. I don't think you would have a very good view from the beach at FW...you would be able to see the high fireworks, but it would not be the optimal view of the show at all. Personally I would take my chances of getting back to MK in order to have a MUCH better Wishes experience...unless you are planning to definitely catch it from inside the park on a different day. Even if you don't make it, you'd porbably have a better view from the boat than the beach at FW. It will then be easy enough to catch transport fom MK back to your resort.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #18
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We love the HDDR. I think your kids are the perfect age. I took mine when they were little, have been with DS and his children and with a group of all adults 30 ish to 60ish. Each time we had a blast.
The food is very good "down home cooking" and all you care to eat. The jokes are corny, but fun and there is lots of singing, dancing and audience participation.
Do you plan to see Wishes any other night? If yes, I wouldn't wait for it on the beach. I would head back to the hotel and get ready for the next day. It will take a while to get back to your hotel.
Have fun.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
We love the HDDR. I think your kids are the perfect age. I took mine when they were little, have been with DS and his children and with a group of all adults 30 ish to 60ish. Each time we had a blast.
The food is very good "down home cooking" and all you care to eat. The jokes are corny, but fun and there is lots of singing, dancing and audience participation.
Do you plan to see Wishes any other night? If yes, I wouldn't wait for it on the beach. I would head back to the hotel and get ready for the next day. It will take a while to get back to your hotel.
Have fun.
I think we might wait on wishes. We are planning a full days of MK on 2/12 & 2/14. So i'm sure we'll catch it then.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #20
jallsop
Earning My Ears

All u can drink beer and sangria was nice too!
jallsop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
h&D3
Mouseketeer

Never been to HDD....

But we were thinking of taking our kids during our next trip. Our son will be celebrating his 12th birthday and we thought we would tell them it was his b-day the night we go to the show (somewhere I read that they mention birthdays, etc. during the show)

I was wondering how this show compares to the "Golden Horseshoe Review" that used to be in the Magic Kingdom and at Disneyland years ago.

I was wondering if this was the same show or similar, as I remember seeing the Golden Horseshoe show when I was a kid and LOVED it.

Thanks!
~D
Old 01-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
lyra2007
Mouseketeer

Is it fun for a 4/5 year old, or should we wait a couple of years?
lyra2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra2007 View Post
Is it fun for a 4/5 year old, or should we wait a couple of years?
My Grandson was 4 when we went and he loved it.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #24
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

The Hoop is our

indoctrination meal for newbies that we are introducing to dining at Disney! My first experience there was in 1977 and I was hooked! The food, the entertainment, the unlimited adullt beverages and the interaction between the CM's and the guests is priceless. I proposed to my wife there (a 1st at Disney), had our reception there and love love loe taking family and friends there for their first time.

My wife and I go every other trip. The fried chicken is wonderful. The ribs tasty! they used to have corn on the cob but switched to off the cob. They have wonderful cornbread and plenty of options for veggie lovers

Go for it can creatte a memory!

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
tamato
Earning My Ears

I've been going to the Hoop Dee Doo since I was a baby and convinced my husband to go the first night of our honeymoon (his first time). My favorite moment was watching his face go from "what the heck is this" to "this is the best night ever." My brother had taken his wife for the first time a few months earlier and told me to watch for that same reaction! Our honeymoon was in May 2012 and we've already gone back to the Hoop 2 times since! The food is amazing, the cast is great, service is exceptional, sangria, laughs, memories.... I LOVE everything about it! On our Must Do list!
tamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

We LOVE the HDD

This is DD10's favorite meal at WDW. I resisted booking this for our first few trips, since I thought it was a Western type show, which I'm not really into. Boy was I wrong! It is a wonderful show with silly, corny humor that is appropriate for all ages. The jokes never get old. Its like riding a favorite ride every year...love it, and miss it until we can get back to experience it again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: