Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
jkpmac
Mouseketeer

Online check in

Other than expediting the time it takes to get from the bus drop off point to your hotel room, what other benefits are there about online check ins. Can you pick your room from a list? Arrange to have your room close to friends?

jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac
Other than expediting the time it takes to get from the bus drop off point to your hotel room, what other benefits are there about online check ins.
That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac
Can you pick your room from a list? Arrange to have your room close to friends?
Nope.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac View Post
Other than expediting the time it takes to get from the bus drop off point to your hotel room, what other benefits are there about online check ins. None

Can you pick your room from a list? No

Arrange to have your room close to friends? No
If you have specific room requests like wanting adjoining rooms, you would need to do this at the time of booking, or you would have to phone to make the request. There are only a few, common requests on a drop down list that can be made during online check in.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac View Post
Other than expediting the time it takes to get from the bus drop off point to your hotel room, what other benefits are there about online check ins. Can you pick your room from a list? Arrange to have your room close to friends?
Disney assigns rooms some 3-5 days (reports vary) before you check in. If the location isn't to your liking, then you can request to have it changed based on availability.

If you want to have your room close to friends, call Disney with both reservation numbers and request to have a "traveling with" note put on the reservation.

I used on line check in because I have no requests and it's more important to me to have a room available when I get there around lunch. The online check in should be used for someone with little needs, hopes and desires. It's supposed to be for just walking up, showing ID, getting your packet and leaving.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
pxydst
Mouseketeer

somebody said they like to do the online check in because then you put the CC# in yourself and when you check in nobody handles your CC!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: