Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #3106
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

Andre, I've been reading through them...just not as closely as this one! There is way too much information for my head to take in with less than a month to go! I do appreciate everything you have put together! And all on here who have been so helpful! I just need to take a deep breath and focus on traveling 15 hours in a van with a baby! Panic attack here I come! Lol
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #3107
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get water would be?

We will be using a water bag in the parks to fill up our bottles, so where should we fill up the bag from? Everyone talks about the tap water not being so great so I'm thinking filling it in our room wouldn't be a good idea.

Also, is there any way to know which rooms are connecting rooms in AB? I am requesting ground floor connecting rooms and just wanted to get an idea of where they may be located in the building.

Thanks everyone,
Cheryl
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #3108
amandam32
Earning My Ears

This is my first time posting, after lots of research and reading here. I just wanted to say thanks Venom for the fax template. We sent ours yesterday..checking into a RGR river view on Feb 2nd! I'm pregnant and not sure how things will go this time, so I requested close to the bridge. Fingers crossed! So excited, this is our first POR trip and first moderate hotel. We have only done values in the past. Thank you Andre for all the info too. I love the room maps you recently did. So helpful!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #3109
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
Can anyone tell me where the best place to get water would be?

We will be using a water bag in the parks to fill up our bottles, so where should we fill up the bag from? Everyone talks about the tap water not being so great so I'm thinking filling it in our room wouldn't be a good idea.

Also, is there any way to know which rooms are connecting rooms in AB? I am requesting ground floor connecting rooms and just wanted to get an idea of where they may be located in the building.
You could fill up from the drinks fountains in the food court. I don't think anyone worries about you using the cold water from there, and I think it's a little less chlorinated than the tap water. Or just buy a few one-gallon cartons of water from the hotel shop (or the supermarket or Hess gas station if you are driving and want to get it a bit cheaper).

There are connecting rooms all around the resort, in all sections. Approximately 50% of all the rooms have connecting doors.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #3110
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Just want to share in the appreciation for Venon and Andre who are awesome!!! will be in touch in a couple months, 99 days out until our trip to POR !!! Very much want to ensure we get our King room in Magnolia Bend. Thank you Venom for your PM already !!!
No Problem!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #3111
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I've been hearing from MANY sources about the world famous biegnets. Are they only at POFQ or can I get one at POR?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #3112
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I've been hearing from MANY sources about the world famous biegnets. Are they only at POFQ or can I get one at POR?
They're only available at POFQ. And technically, you can't get one - they come in orders of 3 or 6.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #3113
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
And technically, you can't get one - they come in orders of 3 or 6.
Yes, you can get just one - buy six and give the other five to me. Simples!

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #3114
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Andre
I'll arm wrestle you for one of those!

We made sure to allow time for exploring POFQ, but reslly it's just an excuse to eat these.

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #3115
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You could fill up from the drinks fountains in the food court. I don't think anyone worries about you using the cold water from there, and I think it's a little less chlorinated than the tap water. Or just buy a few one-gallon cartons of water from the hotel shop (or the supermarket or Hess gas station if you are driving and want to get it a bit cheaper).

There are connecting rooms all around the resort, in all sections. Approximately 50% of all the rooms have connecting doors.

Andre
Thanks Andre
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #3116
mum2four
Mouseketeer

What time does Riverside Mill get busy in the morning?

We'll be staying at POR in mid-May with four kids, and from past experiences at WDW, I really loathe navigating busy food courts with small kids! We are not big breakfast eaters, so I was thinking I could sneak down to the food court early and just pick up some croissants, muffins, etc. to bring back to the room before the rest of the family wakes up (I'm a very early riser). Would it be safe to say that the food court won't be crazy yet if I get there around 6:30am? Also, do they provide "to-go" boxes or bags for the bakery items, or should I plan to bring my own? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #3117
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:

Andre
Well, if you're there from May 9th - May 15th, I'll buy 6 and give you 3.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #3118
DisneyEhCA

Another food question...Does anyone know if the Riverside Mill offers turkey bacon/sausage as a substitute for pork on the breakfast menu?

Thanks!

Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #3119
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Would it be safe to say that the food court won't be crazy yet if I get there around 6:30am? Also, do they provide "to-go" boxes or bags for the bakery items, or should I plan to bring my own? Thanks for your help!
6:30am will be pretty quiet, it doesn't really start getting too busy until 7:30+. The hot food stations don't open until 7am, so if you want to bring back any pancakes/etc keep that in mind. I'm sure they can provide a bag to put the food in, or just use one of the trays (the room maid will collect it for you later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Another food question...Does anyone know if the Riverside Mill offers turkey bacon/sausage as a substitute for pork on the breakfast menu?
Not on the menu (I assume you are trying to avoid pig meat?) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had something different available as a special order for people on special diets. You'd need to ask though.

Andre

Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #3120
DisneyEhCA

Quote:
Not on the menu (I assume you are trying to avoid pig meat?) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had something different available as a special order for people on special diets. You'd need to ask though.

Andre
Yes, we don't eat pork. I had heard rumors that other breakfast locations offered a turkey substitute. At POP and ASMov they were great about giving us extra biscuits/waffles instead of meat, but talk about carb-loading.

I will investigate and report back in a few days!

Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: