Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortchef View Post
This has certainly been frustrating and I'm sure that there is no rational reason for people to become absurdly unpleasant at all ..... let alone over a good idea.

Check the stats on our country's obesity rates (number one in the world), heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, and the most recent that the new generation will be the first to have a shorter life span than their parents. Check the fat, calories, and sodium level in the average fast food meal before suggesting again that I am some kind of primadonna for wanting a handful of options. It's not like I'm asking for all meals at all locations to be within the recommended guidelines for calories, fat, salt, and sugar.
"It would be great if Disney would, for example, put together a list of restaurant locations that are well prepared for low sodium requests and/or have one or two low sodium selections on the menu (counter service as well as sit down) at at least one location in each park."

I think this is where you think people are being "absurdly unpleasant". What some of us are trying to point out is, yes, while hypertension is a big eating issue in this country, there are many more that are just as important. And Disney World just can't do everything for everyone.

I feel for you being diagnosed with your restriction, I really do. I can't tell you how difficult is was for my husband to put down the salt shaker and not pour it on every single thing he ate (and he really did do that). But he's adjusted and he still adjusts on Disney trips. And there are low sodium items on just about every single counter service menu. But to ask Disney to label things for this one restriction would lead others to ask for other labels. And then we wouldn't be able to read the menus for all the labels.

No one suggested you are a prima donna. But we are pointing out Disney does have healthy options. But they aren't going to give you a list and say "here, this is what we have". They would have to do that a thousand times a day to make each guest happy.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: