Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #451
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

This parade looks so cool!!! I would love to see it one day!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #452
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Love the parade photos! I could hear the music in my head! This is definitely my favorite parade. I am definitely going to make it back there for it one of these years!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #453
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

IMO I like Castaway Jack Sparrow better than WDW Jack Sparrow

I took video of the MNSSHP when we went: http://youtu.be/Lwlyw8IUv-E

I love all your pics

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #454
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Love the parade pics! I really want to go the the Halloween party someday and that parade is actually the main reason why. It just looks so spooky and so much fun!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #455
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love all the parade pics. *sings* boo to you and boo to you... I have that music on cd somewhere. It's broken up into sections though so on my ipod every so often one section will come on and one starts with a scream i laugh every time.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #456
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

After reading the Kingdom Keepers she just seems a bit more creepier!

My oldest is finally reading the kingdom keepers books. After a year and a half of telling her she would like them she started the first one, and is now onto the second and loves them. I was sure to tell her that sometimes Dad is right.

Still waiting for the next Kingdom Keepers book to come out, the cliff hanger ending of the last one was quite annoying knowing I had to wait a year to find out what happens.

May need to read #5 again.

Quote:

This parade was absolutely awesome! I am so glad that I finally got to see this in person. If you EVER get a chance to see it, do so. It has great music and is just a lot of fun!
Hoping to get there this October, just waiting for them to announce free dining dates. Someone I work with went last year, and booked everything. When the free dining dates came out the only week excluded was the week he was going.

Any ideas when they will be announcing dates?

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #457
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Awesome parade photos, Jen!

It doesn't look like they have changed much since we saw it a few years back, even though I don't remember seeing Christopher Robin then.
Those gravediggers did a great job - creating sparks. I loved that part.

Thanks for sharing and bringing back memories!
Yeah, I think they keep it the same for the most part. It's one of my new favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Always love that parade and yes I was singing along.

You have some magic with those shots, they are fabulous again.
I keep singing that song too. I was singing it the other day when Claire's friend was over and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the parade photos.

Corinna
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
This parade looks so cool!!! I would love to see it one day!
You need to. It's really a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Love the parade photos! I could hear the music in my head! This is definitely my favorite parade. I am definitely going to make it back there for it one of these years!
I am hearing the music in my head a lot since I edited those pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
IMO I like Castaway Jack Sparrow better than WDW Jack Sparrow

I took video of the MNSSHP when we went: http://youtu.be/Lwlyw8IUv-E

I love all your pics
I have to agree with you there. The one we met at CC was dead on!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #458
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Love the parade pics! I really want to go the the Halloween party someday and that parade is actually the main reason why. It just looks so spooky and so much fun!
That was the main reason I had wanted to go as well. i have heard how great it is, and it truely is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love all the parade pics. *sings* boo to you and boo to you... I have that music on cd somewhere. It's broken up into sections though so on my ipod every so often one section will come on and one starts with a scream i laugh every time.
We have it on CD too. Before we went, we played it quite a bit to get familier with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
My oldest is finally reading the kingdom keepers books. After a year and a half of telling her she would like them she started the first one, and is now onto the second and loves them. I was sure to tell her that sometimes Dad is right.

Still waiting for the next Kingdom Keepers book to come out, the cliff hanger ending of the last one was quite annoying knowing I had to wait a year to find out what happens.

May need to read #5 again.

Hoping to get there this October, just waiting for them to announce free dining dates. Someone I work with went last year, and booked everything. When the free dining dates came out the only week excluded was the week he was going.

Any ideas when they will be announcing dates?
Dad does know what he is talking about.
I am just reading number 5 right now. I'm not too far into yet. I read number 1 so long ago, I barely remember what was in it. I should go and reread it again.
I haven't heard anything yet about free dining. Only rumors that they are going to change it up again. But they often say that each year, so only time will tell.
I know a lot of people moved dates this past year because they were a day or 2 off. Disney likes to keep us hopping, don't they?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #459
nannye
DIS Veteran

I loved your MNSSHP pics. Not sure if I've posted in this one or not, I just found it the other day and took me a while to catch up!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #460
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Dad does know what he is talking about.
I am just reading number 5 right now. I'm not too far into yet. I read number 1 so long ago, I barely remember what was in it. I should go and reread it again.
I haven't heard anything yet about free dining. Only rumors that they are going to change it up again. But they often say that each year, so only time will tell.
I know a lot of people moved dates this past year because they were a day or 2 off. Disney likes to keep us hopping, don't they?
Read it slow. It ends, but doesn't really end the story line. #6 won't be out til April.

I kind of figured they haven't announced anything yet, but since I want to buy tickets to the Halloween party I will wait til they announce the dates. Going for a more laid back vacation this time with some days just spent at the resort. Thinking of Port Orleans Riverside. Looks like a great resort for pictures too. Of course I think I can say that about all the resorts couldn't I.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #461
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Yes It is the chciken part. I read your post and then had my mp3 on at work. I stepped out of my office and when I returned I heard the scream and had to LOL. Luckily I was the only one in so I could cackle and cluck to my hearts content.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #462
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We moved on. We saw this girl a couple of times. We loved her braid.

Wow - that is making my head hurt just looking at it.

Beautiful night time pictures! Leave it to you to get not one, not two, but three pictures of the headless horseman! Awesome job.

Great updates!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #463
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I knew that the ONE thread I'd be the farthest behind on after being sick last week was yours. You were a madwoman with updates.

The dance party looked like a lot of fun and glad the kids finally warmed up to each other and danced together, despite Claire's mom possibly embarrassing them shouting out when she shouldn't be.

You got absolutely terrific shots of the Mermaid ride. We walked on in about ten minutes in December but it was the first place we went. We loved it too!

I'm glad you got to finally see the Halloween Parade. I'm so glad we saw it; we won't be doing the Halloween Party again anytime soon, so happy we saw it twice. And your pictures of that are spectacular as well.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #464
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love all of the updates!! Everything at MNSSHP looks like so much fun! We went in 2009 and loved it! Such a good time!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #465
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Hi I have been a lurker and decided to come out and say HI!

Great report and such great pictures!! my dream someday is a disney cruise I love reading everyone's TR! looking forward to the rest

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: