Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

RAPstar's smallest trip ever?

Yes, I think it is. Shortest. Cheapest. Last minute-st.

Hello, again. I'm Robbie/Andy/that crazy person who talks to characters like they're real, and this is my trip report.

Well, I haven't gone yet, so I guess this is my pre-TR? Which I usually start a month out, or have every other trip I've done. But, I literally booked my trip a month out, so I've been busy planning/saving money/trying not to go insane. Is it weird that I felt like the wait was longer even though it was the shortest wait period I've had? Anywho.....

2012 was a long year. A loooooooooooooong year. I moved to California the day after Christmas 2011 with my then partner. At the time, I was "promised" a job a Disneyland....which never happened (I was put on the waiting list). I ended up working for Knott's Berry Farm and have now fulfilled my lofty ambitions of working in a theme park.[/sarcasm] I also was in the hospital for 2 weeks due to a staph infection (anyone want to see the hole they cut in my neck?), found out I was diabetic, lost my car, lost the partner, and almost lost my mind. But I did get to visit DLR!

I went blonde for a while

Ooh, and I came up with an awesome (IMO) Ursula themes costume this past Halloween!!

I eventually gave up on California, moved back to Dallas, got an awesome job at Bank of America that pays close to what I was making before I left. I also got my own apartment. First time ever living completely alone, well except the dog.

So after a year plus of a lot of stress, tears, and moving 4 times in one year (moved to California, moved within California, moved back to Dallas, moved from my mom's to my apartment), I needed a break. I contemplated going back to California to use my DLR AP before it expired, but I was literally just there. So I called my good friend who works at WDW and just asked if he had any room discounts available for the end of January, which luckily he did. So booked at the Pop the week before Xmas. Total cost, including DDP, for 5 nights (Mon to Fri, leaving Sat) is right about $500. The best deal I found on airfare was through American. With a $10 off coupon I got in the Entertainment book, total was $258. Southwest was unusually high for some reason, but I checked a few weeks later and their prices went way down, $10 less than what I paid for AA. But with AA, I'm getting there sooner and leaving later, so that works. As far as spending money, I'm only trying to spend $400, but I have and extra $200 set aside, just in case.

Well, there's my trip as of right now. Leave bright and early Monday morning at 6pm. My best friend Adam is dropping me off at the airport and dog sitting for me. Isn't he great, lol. Really excited, and am really really going to try and actually relax this trip instead of rushing around trying to do everything. Key word is try. Even though this is my 4th trip to Orlando, and only 2nd solo Disney trip, I still feel the need to do everything. We'll see what happens! Stay tuned!!

Last edited by RAPstar; 01-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Andy, you do look good.
(and thinner!!!)

i'm so glad you got to keep the doggie.
he is so cute.

forget about 2012 and have great thoughts about 2013.

i think having a trip to the motherland will do you good!!

can't believe i am #1 on a thread.......
pinch me, i think i'm dreaming...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hey! AWESOME URSULA COSTUME!!!! Your dog is precious. I love his name too!!

Sorry about your rough year, but at least you were able to look on the bright side and enjoy DLR. YAY for going to Disney in TWO DAYS with that awesome CM discount! Have a magical trip!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a year! Look forward to hearing about what sounds like a much needed trip!

Dee
Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven
Andy, you do look good.
(and thinner!!!)

i'm so glad you got to keep the doggie.
he is so cute.

forget about 2012 and have great thoughts about 2013.

i think having a trip to the motherland will do you good!!

can't believe i am #1 on a thread.......
pinch me, i think i'm dreaming...
Ha! I've actually gained like 30 pounds. :-(

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: