Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=momof4minnies;47313638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
Nope, the size of beds does not equate to room capacity. You can have six sleeping spots but fire codes limit the room capacity to 5. So, they can only advertise the rated room capacity thus "sleeps 5"./QUOTE]

Okay, I have a lil confession. I"m a lil obsessive. Actually, I think most Disney lovers are. Several years ago when my youngest of 4 was 3, we did not fit into a room for 5 anymore. I looked at square footage of rooms. The number of people to the square footage didn't match up at all the resorts. As I am sure many have been told by the reservation cast members, the number of people in a room is determined by fire code. SOOOOOooooo, I called the county fire chief and inquired what the criteria was for the Disney properties for number of people in a room. He said it was determined by Disney and reported to the fire department how many people are in a specific room in the specific resorts. This way they would know the maximum number of guests. So, yes it is fire code, however that code is based on what Disney sets.
Except you should have called Reedy Creek which is its own authority and yes dominated by Disney appointees, not the county. However, also understand that fire codes are based on federal and local legislation and nobody dares go outside those. So in no way does Disney arbitrarily set room sizes without adhering to strict legal fire codes. I am a hotelier and know how it works, Disney would never take the liability risk of going around fire codes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: