DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

DVC Newbie

Hi Everyone! When I was in Disney on my honeymoon I started to hear about DVC but dh wasn't interested... 6 years and 5 trips later he is finally thinking that DVC might be the way to go I have a few questions about it though. We love WL so was thinking of buying into VWL but have 2 little ones so dh was thinking BLT might be better because we can walk to MK and also have the monorail. We are looking at resales and I found a few that I like at VWL for 150 points. I was thinking of doing that and then purchasing a small (50 points) to BLT. How would that work as far as my home resort? Also I can use both sets of points for one trip right? Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWfanatic2 View Post
Hi Everyone! When I was in Disney on my honeymoon I started to hear about DVC but dh wasn't interested... 6 years and 5 trips later he is finally thinking that DVC might be the way to go I have a few questions about it though. We love WL so was thinking of buying into VWL but have 2 little ones so dh was thinking BLT might be better because we can walk to MK and also have the monorail. We are looking at resales and I found a few that I like at VWL for 150 points. I was thinking of doing that and then purchasing a small (50 points) to BLT. How would that work as far as my home resort? Also I can use both sets of points for one trip right? Thanks
Yes, both resorts would be home resorts. But you can only use VWL points to book VWL at 11 months out and you can only use BLT points at 11 months out to book BLT. But at seven months out, you can combine them. As long as they have the same Use Year and are under one contract number (titled the exact same on the deed).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
superdiz
Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO

So if you only have 50 points you can only book 50 points worth of room at VWL 11 months out?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
rklives
Earning My Ears

Correct, but you can always borrow 50 points from the next year or save 50 points from the previous year so its possible to have 150 points available 11 months out.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

You could also do a split stay, spending some of your VWL points on that part of the stay and the 50 BLT points on another part of the stay in the same trip, booking both at 11 months...hope that makes sense. You can only combine them at 7 months for a continuous trip at one resort.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdiz View Post
So if you only have 50 points you can only book 50 points worth of room at VWL 11 months out?
if you have a 150 pt BLT contract and a 50 pt VWL contract, then at 11 months out, it's like you have 2 separate, unrelated contracts.

you can bank or borrow from the 50 pt VWL contract to book VWL at 11 months out , but all of the BLT contract pts stay on the sideline till 7 months out. (and vice-versa.)

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
sissy1
Mouseketeer

Just something to think about..."Maintenance fees"...BLT's fees are less expensive and BLT is walking distance to MK ....We own 2 contracts, BLT & BWV, make sure you have the same Use Year on both contracts and make sure they are Titled the exact same way. Hope this helps!
sissy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy1 View Post
Just something to think about..."Maintenance fees"...BLT's fees are less expensive and BLT is walking distance to MK ....We own 2 contracts, BLT & BWV, make sure you have the same Use Year on both contracts and make sure they are Titled the exact same way. Hope this helps!
Member fees at BLT could go up based on the need to do repairs and such. It doesn't seem to be wearing all that well.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy1 View Post
BLT has had two years so far of 6% plus dues increases and it costs more points to stay there.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz

BLT has had two years so far of 6% plus dues increases and it costs more points to stay there.

Bill
Thanks everyone! While I do love the closeness of BLT we did decide to go with VWL. Found a contract that was perfect for us. It is now onto disney for rofr. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Thanks everyone! While I do love the closeness of BLT we did decide to go with VWL. Found a contract that was perfect for us. It is now onto disney for rofr. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!
VWL is pretty close to the MK and we love the theming better than BLT. We have never had a boat break down but the monorail seems to have problems on every vacation.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
VWL is pretty close to the MK and we love the theming better than BLT. We have never had a boat break down but the monorail seems to have problems on every vacation.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Bill
But you also have the bus from VWL to MK that is dedicated - no stops on the way there or back to the WL.

WDWfanatic2, hope you get your contract. We really like VWL.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
WDWfanatic2
Earning My Ears

Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting disney to decide. 30 days seems forever!! Can't wait to be a dvc member
Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats.

The other thing is that the kids won't be young long at all. With our teens we spend half a day in the MK.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: