Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #46
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmith1 View Post
We want to do nachi also. It's so much cheaper and sounds really nice. Mabey we will see you there I have a 3 yr old son and my daughter will be 16 months on cruise
UM HECK YES! Toddler party!!! Lets be sure to meet up before, we can even take a van together over to Nachi...safety in numbers!
I was reading about it on trip advisor and everyone said to ask for Carlos as your server when you make your reservation...so we did. Can't wait to meet you guys for fun in the sun.
Disney Magic April 2013 Western Caribbean
teamadco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #47
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco

UM HECK YES! Toddler party!!! Lets be sure to meet up before, we can even take a van together over to Nachi...safety in numbers!
I was reading about it on trip advisor and everyone said to ask for Carlos as your server when you make your reservation...so we did. Can't wait to meet you guys for fun in the sun.
Sounds good! Counting down the days! I saw were your from Texas we are also, what part?
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #48
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Sounds good! Counting down the days! I saw were your from Texas we are also, what part?
We are from San Antonio. So we will drive in on Tuesday morning in time for lunch on the boat!
I am getting conflicting info on passport needs for my daughter. My husband and I are all set but I don't have one for her. Some say we just need a birth certificate bc we are arriving by sea and she's under 16. What have you heard? Anyone else pls chime in! Thanks
Old 01-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #49
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco View Post
We are from San Antonio. So we will drive in on Tuesday morning in time for lunch on the boat!
I am getting conflicting info on passport needs for my daughter. My husband and I are all set but I don't have one for her. Some say we just need a birth certificate bc we are arriving by sea and she's under 16. What have you heard? Anyone else pls chime in! Thanks
You technically do not need one because it is a closed loop cruise. (ie. departs and arrives in the same place: Galveston) However, if anything ever happened and you needed to fly home (For example, if you are late returning to the boat on Cozumel from Nachi and you miss it) you could not FLY home with her. You would be stuck. You need a passport fly into the country. The same would happen if she got sick and needed to be flown to a hospital. So no, you do not need it and many people go without it. It is a judgement call. Personally, I wouldn't leave the country without all my children having passports. But that is me and many disagree. However, you still have time to get her one before April 16th. But it is totally up to you to get one or not. You can cruise with only a birth certificate on these close loop itineraries. HTH

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #50
CampCorp
Sailing Away April 16, 2013

FE Gift Exchange?

My Family of 3 (Boy, turning 5) will be on the April 16 boat also! I am wanting to start a Fish Extender gift exchange- anyone else? Finding the surprises throughout the trip would be loads of fun for the kiddos!

(I just found this was discussed earlier, Julie I think it would be awesome to get something organized.)

Last edited by CampCorp; 01-26-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: already discussed
CampCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #51
CampCorp

Quote:
Hey guys I need some help! When I log on to book activities (nursery, excursions) it is not allowing me to do so. Is it too early or am I doin something wrong?
My reservation will not allow me to book anything until Jan 31, maybe yours is the same!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #52
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp

(I just found this was discussed earlier, Julie I think it would be awesome to get something organized.)
I would gladly organize this, so if anyone wants to participate either post or pm your state room #, number adults, number of kids, their ages and gender ... oh and if you are celebrating anything special (first time is a special occasion too) and I will put something together. We should also think of a cut off date to allow folks to get their gifts together I would suggest either march 16 or maybe April 1st ... Any thoughts.

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #53
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco

Cool, we're from east tx small little town called Carthage. You may have heard about it from that stupid Bernie movie. Anyway it's about 3 hours from Galveston so were Gunna do the same. I am going to get passports for the kids "just in case" but we don't need them.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #54
CampCorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
I would gladly organize this, so if anyone wants to participate either post or pm your state room #, number adults, number of kids, their ages and gender ... oh and if you are celebrating anything special (first time is a special occasion too) and I will put something together. We should also think of a cut off date to allow folks to get their gifts together I would suggest either march 16 or maybe April 1st ... Any thoughts.
Great, thanks so much for offering to organize! I tried to send you a PM but it told me I have not posted enough times. We will be traveling with one boy, turning 5. Our first Disney cruise and their first cruise ever! We are in 5150. I made his FE today, and we will just have the one pocket for him (not for us). let me know if more is needed!

Michelle
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #55
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Ok, I created a spreadsheet for the FE ..

so far I have the following participnts
jarudinski
CampCorp

If you waqnt to join the fun reply or PM me ..

here is the link to the spreadsheet. I tried to include as much info as I can to help with the gift giving ...

FE LIST updated 04/03/2013

Julie

oh and just a suggestion maybe we should ask to have this thread moved and linked to the meet and greet section in case anyone is looking for this cruise there ... thoughts, objections?

Last edited by jarudinski; 04-03-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Updated FE List
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #56
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp
My reservation will not allow me to book anything until Jan 31, maybe yours is the same!
January 31st is when final pymt is due. Once you pay in full then you can book reservations and excursions. We are sailing this same cruise with our 3 and 4 year old.
Jensyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #57
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
You technically do not need one because it is a closed loop cruise. (ie. departs and arrives in the same place: Galveston) However, if anything ever happened and you needed to fly home (For example, if you are late returning to the boat on Cozumel from Nachi and you miss it) you could not FLY home with her. You would be stuck. You need a passport fly into the country. The same would happen if she got sick and needed to be flown to a hospital. So no, you do not need it and many people go without it. It is a judgement call. Personally, I wouldn't leave the country without all my children having passports. But that is me and many disagree. However, you still have time to get her one before April 16th. But it is totally up to you to get one or not. You can cruise with only a birth certificate on these close loop itineraries. HTH
Thanks for the info...guess we are off to the post office. But at least we have time to receive it!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #58
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Cool, we're from east tx small little town called Carthage. You may have heard about it from that stupid Bernie movie. Anyway it's about 3 hours from Galveston so were Gunna do the same. I am going to get passports for the kids "just in case" but we don't need them.
Agree better safe than sorry!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #59
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp View Post
Great, thanks so much for offering to organize! I tried to send you a PM but it told me I have not posted enough times. We will be traveling with one boy, turning 5. Our first Disney cruise and their first cruise ever! We are in 5150. I made his FE today, and we will just have the one pocket for him (not for us). let me know if more is needed!

Michelle
Ok not clear on how FE works,daily gifts are given or you pick one day to gift everyone on the list? Also is their a cap to participants? Can you give some examples of gifts please? Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #60
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco View Post
Ok not clear on how FE works,daily gifts are given or you pick one day to gift everyone on the list? Also is their a cap to participants? Can you give some examples of gifts please? Thanks!
Most folks just do one gift per cruise and give it out sometime during the cruise. On the longer cruises there are usually assigned days to distribute so everyone does not give their gifts on the same day and the fun is spread throughout the cruise. The mechanics of delivery and the "guidelines" are usually put forth my the group, thus making each fe vary a little but from cruise to cruise. There is no right or wrong, just what works for everyone. While only 1 gift per cabun for the cruise is required, some ppl go above and beyond and like to give a gift for the adults, the kids or individually per person. Again there is no right or wrong, it is whatever you can "handle" time wise and financially as this is supposed to be fun and not a burden.

Some gifts I gave out on the last cruises were custom homemade autograph books. Keychains for the boys/men, gerber hair flowers for the girls with interchangeable bottlecap designs (they got a few bottlecaps to go with them) necklaces for the moms. I am somewhat crafty so I tend to make my fe gifts. My mother in law is not so when she went she gave out disney themed photo albums she bought from the dollar store. Not sure what I am doing this time as I was recently diaganosed with MS so my crafty abilities have suffered some.

If you search fe on the thread you will get overwhelming results as there is a lot of discussion out there ...

Here are a few of the threads that I thought would be a helpful place to start.

fe for little ones
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056915

homemade fe gifts (a very long thread)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032

fe picture
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

fe faq
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2660789

I remember seeing another thread about best fe gifts but could not find it in a quick glance.

Hope this helps
Julie