Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #3091
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
How about now?
Better, but now we can't see your monorail on narrower screens. Something's got to give I guess.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #3092
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Cool very cool. Maybe have to look for my Lime Green Mickey Head hanging from my bag. Also will with our little girl and my Fiance. Ill make sure to leave a LGMH sitting on the table if you see it say hi.
Awesome, just me and my fiancé going! I will try to have my LGMH on my bag that day too! Ill be decorating my window at the resort so you'll have to keep a look out! Since your in the same room category and have the ultimate fax request template, what are your suggestions for this category? I think my only request would be not a ground floor, anything else?
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #3093
Ashley0408
Earning My Ears

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
In my signature there is a link "Room Fax" click on that and it will take you to it.
Thank you!! I'll be bookmarking it

Me (26) Brenton (27) Matthew (5): Ryan (3):
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #3094
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0408 View Post
Thank you!! I'll be bookmarking it
I also have it available in word format also.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #3095
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Got our Mickey Mail today....woohoo....so EXCITED!!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #3096
Kevin1281
Earning My Ears

Room Location View Question

Venom, Andre and/or anyone,

Standard View in Acadian House & Magnolia Terrace...

Are the standard view rooms that are not views of the parking lot basically a view of a wall? For example...

Magnolia Terrace - rooms 8506, 8562, 8751, 8807
Acadian House - rooms 8006, 8107, 8206, 8307

Which would you prefer - one of the rooms above, or a view of the parking lot???

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #3097
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1281 View Post
Venom, Andre and/or anyone,

Are the standard view rooms that are not views of the parking lot basically a view of a wall? For example...

Which would you prefer - one of the rooms above, or a view of the parking lot???

Thanks in advance!
Out of all of those Id prefer 8562. Just my opinion.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #3098
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Just booked today! DH, DD6 and I will be there 9/1 - 9/8. Reserved a Royal Room, Garden View.

So excited!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #3099
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Red face

I have read every single post on this thread....and it only took me four days. Well, I also read all the posts and all the information on the portorleans.org website. First let me say a HUGE thank you to Andre and Venom for all their help and hard work. It certainly made my choice as to which resort to stay MUCH easier.

I have looked at all the sites so much my DD(13) said "Mom, you are going to know every single petal of every single flower by the time we arrive."

I just booked last night for Oct.20-26 in a standard view RGR. A very good friend of mine is a travel agent with an agency affiliated with Disney, so, of course, I used her. I am so excited. October is so very far away.

This trip will be my first since 1981...Epcot wasn't even finished then, and there was certainly no Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom back then. The hubby went back in 1983, but said there wasn't much to see in Epcot then, but boy, it looks as if it has changed. DD has never been. By the time we make the trip, she will be 14. I was a little afraid about character breakfasts, but she said "Mom, you are never to old to eat breakfast with princesses!"

The only thing I asked my TA to ask for was a room on the ground floor. I have a heart condition and while I can stand and walk, climbing stairs just wears me out. She assured me she would not only request it now, she would also request closer to our trip. So, I am guessing, I do not need to do a fax myself? I feel silly asking a question after ALL the info I have read, but I just want to make sure!

Thanks so much to all of you for all your help.

Beverly

Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #3100
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
So, I am guessing, I do not need to do a fax myself? I feel silly asking a question after ALL the info I have read, but I just want to make sure!

Thanks so much to all of you for all your help.
You should be fine, but it never hurts to be sure and send the fax also.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #3101
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

OK, much like Hobbs above, I have read all 207 pages of this! Now I need a vacation before my vacation!

We check in Feb 23 and check out March 1.

Here is what I have learned:
1. Use Venomhatch's fax template and hope for because Venomhatch seems to know what's up and is most wonderful!
2. We will be in AB (there are 6 of us, DH, Mom, DS 10, DS 5, DS 1 and myself), and we are books for garden view (not that I really care btw).
3. Andre has way too much time on his hands, but man, am I thankful! And jealous that he lives in the UK!!

So, now come the questions. When I do the fax, I should mentioned we are booked for garden view but I really don't care what view I have? I have just recently injured my knee and can't do stairs, so first floor is a must. Close would be nice too, not sure how much I'll really be able to walk, but I'm a trooper! I'm not looking for a bump up in category to preferred, but I was thinking maybe bld 16 on the end closest to bld 14? Would it be OK to ask for that? Or just leave it up to chance?

We will also need a pack n play. I would request that on the fax as well, right?

Also, I think I did the online check in and just put my only request as a ground floor, but I'm not sure it went through. Who knows... I'll end up in all the lines when I get there, that's just my luck!
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!--And it was FUN!
10/2014 Who doesn't love Trick-or-Treating with the Mouse?!?!

Last edited by AlexandAndysMom; 01-25-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #3102
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1281 View Post

They are views where you mostly see across to another part of the building (wall, room window, etc) rather than directly out into the gardens. The non parking-lot sides of the building rooms would still be quite nice though.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #3103
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
I have read every single post on this thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandAndysMom View Post
OK, much like Hobbs above, I have read all 207 pages of this! Now I need a vacation before my vacation!

I hate to tell you, but this thread is just the last few months, there are plenty of predecessors to catch up on now too... (Looks like we added eight pages in the last 24 hours in fact!)

hobbs6799: Glad we could all help you in making your choices. If all you really want is ground floor then I'm sure you'll get it, especially if it's for medical reasons. By all means fax just before you go if you like, but I doubt you'll need to (you could even ask to swap when you get to check-in, if you're not happy with the location they offer).

AlexandAndysMom: Put your requests into your original booking first, just in basic form. Especially the pack'n'play bit. Then when you get a bit closer (3-5 days out is best) you can send a fax with a bit more detail and discussion and what you'd like. That's when you can elaborate on your requests a bit, saying that you'd be happy to sacrifice the view for a closer room location for example (but both would be nice of course!). Building 16 would be a great choice for you. Maybe see you there anyway, we check out on 25 Feb.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 01-26-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #3104
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the link to the predecessors, Andre. Looks as if I will have plenty of reading material to occupy me while I wait for October to roll around.

Beverly

Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #3105
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Just want to share in the appreciation for Venon and Andre who are awesome!!! will be in touch in a couple months, 99 days out until our trip to POR !!! Very much want to ensure we get our King room in Magnolia Bend. Thank you Venom for your PM already !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: