Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #271
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I believe the nursery is open onboard for the littlest ones. The Oceaneers Club/Lab have open house during Castaway Cay but the secured programming is moved to Scuttles Cove on the island. I believe that opens at 9:00am but I think (not positive) that some people have reported being allowed a slightly earlier drop-off for the 5K. I'd suggest asking at the Club/Lab before expecting it.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #272
jenifred
Mouseketeer

I've done the CC5K a few times on the Dream. The CC5K is fun, but it isn't formal. It's a 5K in the sense that a bunch of people are running 3.1 miles at the same time. That's about it. When I've run, I've gotten nothing, or just the certificate, the medal or both. Sometimes it was timed and sometimes it wasn't. Once the runners even took a photo with workout-Goofy (that was neat). It seems random. If it makes any difference, the medal is the same plastic mickey medal that they give out all over the ship. We played a trivia game in one of the clubs and got the same medals. I came home with 6 of them.

Word of warning - it's always HOT. Drink lots of water and have fun!

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #273
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

I have heard of others dropping the kids off at Scuttle's Cove (on the island rather than on the ship) prior to running the 5K. I've run the race and it is a fun little course and I got to see parts of the island I've never taken the time to see before. Info from Disboards on Scuttles Cove:

"Children's Program Area - If you want your kids to take part in the kids' programs on Castaway Cay day, you will check them into the program right at Scuttle's Cove. (The program counselors have laptop computers with the check-in information). This area is located AWAY from the water and the counselors will not take the children near the water.

The fun, sandy play area features Monstro Point, a "whale dig" site complete with jumbo-sized whale bones. Several activities for the different kids age groups are planned throughout the day here. The programming closes down at 3:30 so the counselors can move from the island to the ship."

MagicFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #274
eyesing4u
DVC Member

Morning arrival of Fantasy

Does anyone know what time in the morning the Fantasy usually arrives? We would like to watch her sail in. I can't seem to find the thread where this was mentioned several days ago.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #275
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We have gotten into port around 5:30 - 6:00 a.m. in the past at PC.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #276
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Agree with PP. If the ships are on schedule they arrive very early in the morning. Debarkation begins is usually around 7:30am and the ship has been in port for a while before that. While you may be able to watch from elsewhere, I don't believe you'd be allowed into the port/terminal area at that time.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #277
eyesing4u
DVC Member

I can see the port from my hotel room window. I will set my alarm for 5 and hope I can catch her. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #278
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I'll be watching on the port cam...I take night duty with our new puppy
Set your alarm about 4:50 am and you'll see her come in! So excited for you! I love watching the ship come in knowing I'm going to sailing on her that day

Sometimes if I remember I catch her sailing out too so wave to the camera (from Fishlips restaurant)

Have a FANTASTIC cruise!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #279
Linden Lady
Mouseketeer

DH and I ran the CC 5k on January 15 during our DREAM cruise. No medal and no running bib. I was disappointed but not surprised. I keep reading that it's very hit or miss with all of the race details and such
They did, however, hand out "race certificates" at the finish line...
Linden Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #280
Linden Lady
Mouseketeer

DH and I ran the CC 5k on January 15 during our DREAM cruise. There was over 75 ppl! Not surprising since our cruise directly followed the 20th ann Marathon at WDW. Many walkers/joggers/runners of all ages and fitness levels. It's a "fun run" and there is no pressure to finish quickly.
No medal and no running bib. I was disappointed but not surprised. I keep reading that it's very hit or miss with all of the race details and such
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #281
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

I ran it last April. We did get a bib and a medal, plastic mickey head, with certificate in our stateroom that night. It's not officially timed but there is a clock. The race we did in the pouring rain but it was still warm that morning. I may attempt it in again 2 weeks on my next cruise

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #282
Linden Lady
Mouseketeer

DH and I ran the CC 5k on January 15 during our DREAM cruise. There was over 75 ppl! Not surprising since our cruise directly followed the 20th ann Marathon at WDW. Many walkers/joggers/runners of all ages and fitness levels. It's a "fun run" and there is no pressure to finish quickly. We met in Evolution at 8:15 am. Ages 12 + could participate. No need to sign up before-hand. It's not an "excursion" and it's offered during every sailing.

No medal and no running bib. I was disappointed but not surprised. I keep reading that it's very hit or miss with all of the race details and such
I also purchased a T-shirt at the store next to the finish/start line. I believe it was 29.95. I've read about shortages of sizes but I did not experience that. Sizes available from S to XXL.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #283
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFitt View Post
Does anyone know if there is somewhere my kids can go when I run? Are the kids club either on the ship or on the island open?
I did it a couple weeks ago and as we walked to the starting point we made a pit stop at the kids area in case people needed to drop kids off. I would make a point to tell the cast members while you are checking in that that is something you'd like to do though just so they know.
MrRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #284
JackieO
Mouseketeer

what time does the magic get in!

I'm so excited. We leave on the Magic today! I've been watching the web cam but I don't see the Magic in yet. Anyone know when she'll be in port?
JackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #285
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Are you sure she's not there? I have the webcam open too (something fun to watch at work LOL) and I think she's behind that big white ship. Really, who let that thing in there?!

Enjoy your cruise! Looks like you have a beautiful day to sail away. I'm sooo jealous but then we only have...sigh...294 days to go....<sob>
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )

Last edited by FergusBC; 01-26-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Add a bit
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: