Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
One of the guys I work with just got to watch it last night and in talking with him this morning, he said the exact same thing. Will be interesting to see if you guys are right.
My dd said the same, and I really truly hope not, because I really really like him!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #17
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Encore presentation Friday 1/25 at 9pm on FOX

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom,
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #18
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Had to work Monday night so just finished watching the episode on demand...wow...loved it. Have always been intrigued by the serial killer..what makes them tick, etc.

I was totally surprised by the neighbors and the babysitter being in on it. I thought the young detective at the last survivors house was possibly a follower.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

For the most part DH and I liked it.

I didn't need to see the gore. I had to turn away.

We'll watch next week.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralliam View Post
I'm expecting to see the "kid" that wrote his thesis on the original case to turn out to be a "follower"
ooooh! I like the show and it's unexpected twists and that would be a good one.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I liked it, I don't know if DBF did or not but I really did. I thought it was pretty intense for regular TV and slightly predictable but I did enjoy it. I'll probably begin to record it as I work Monday nights but I watched it on On Demand so if there are conflicts I will still get to watch it.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #22
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Just got around to watching it last night. It's intense, but it's really interesting. I'll be watching this series.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

I will try to catch it tonight. I love kevin bacon!

What will be the regular night for this show? Since Fringe is no longer on Friday nights, we are looking for a Friday show. I wonder if they are trying to pick up the Fringe fans since they are putting it in that time slot tonight?
anniemae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
elgerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
I will try to catch it tonight. I love kevin bacon!

What will be the regular night for this show? Since Fringe is no longer on Friday nights, we are looking for a Friday show. I wonder if they are trying to pick up the Fringe fans since they are putting it in that time slot tonight?
Pretty sure Monday is the time slot.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #25
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I actually watched most of it again tonight and caught a few things I didn't the first night. The vodka in the water bottle, he really chugged it back and then added more, yikes!! Also the agent that said she read his file seemed a little too interested in what his conversation was with the killer's wife. If she really read his file then she should have known that he slept with the wife years before (the wife mentioned that it ruined his FBI career so it would be in the file) and to me, the female agent would have given them privacy considering the killer/husband just escaped. I am thinking she may be a "follower" not the guy agent. I don't know but watching it again cemented in my mind that I really like this show.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #26
Trish.Glenn
Mouseketeer

I agree with the last post. I watched it again tonight and really enjoyed it!! DH and I are in!!
2001 - Disney Cruise (Eastern)
2003 - Disney Cruise (Western)
2006 - Off property
2008 - Off property
2009 - Off property
2011 - Coronado
2012 - Pop
Trish.Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I just got around to watching it today. I really liked it a lot. The gore doesn't bother me at all.

I think they are going to make it very difficult for you to predict who is and who isn't a follower. I think if the person seems obvious like the guy who did his thesis on the case, he probably isn't a follower. Too easy.

I was surprised at how easy it was for Kevin to find the killer once he kidnapped the doctor girl. It seems almost as if he wanted to be recaptured. He definitely could have done things differently to at least prolong how long he was out in the free world. At least long enough to see his son or possibly kill his ex wife.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
elgerber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12
I just got around to watching it today. I really liked it a lot. The gore doesn't bother me at all.

I think they are going to make it very difficult for you to predict who is and who isn't a follower. I think if the person seems obvious like the guy who did his thesis on the case, he probably isn't a follower. Too easy.

I was surprised at how easy it was for Kevin to find the killer once he kidnapped the doctor girl. It seems almost as if he wanted to be recaptured. He definitely could have done things differently to at least prolong how long he was out in the free world. At least long enough to see his son or possibly kill his ex wife.
I think the killer was caught exactly when he wanted to be. It's all part of his plan.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #29
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
I actually watched most of it again tonight and caught a few things I didn't the first night. The vodka in the water bottle, he really chugged it back and then added more, yikes!! Also the agent that said she read his file seemed a little too interested in what his conversation was with the killer's wife. If she really read his file then she should have known that he slept with the wife years before (the wife mentioned that it ruined his FBI career so it would be in the file) and to me, the female agent would have given them privacy considering the killer/husband just escaped. I am thinking she may be a "follower" not the guy agent. I don't know but watching it again cemented in my mind that I really like this show.
I couldn't stand the female agent. So I watched the previews for next week's episode at the end of the show very closely. She wasn't in it. So I went to the IMdb.com webpage for The Following, and she's not listed in any episodes other than the pilot. So they have replaced her for the series.

The good thing is that they have filmed 9 more episodes so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I think the killer was caught exactly when he wanted to be. It's all part of his plan.
I do too. The show is called The Following, for his cult following. What greater ultimate control is there than to have a following do all his work. There is no greater loyalty than for them to kill his wife for him. Actions speak louder than any words they could say about their loyalty.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #30
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I couldn't stand the female agent. So I watched the previews for next week's episode at the end of the show very closely. She wasn't in it. So I went to the IMdb.com webpage for The Following, and she's not listed in any episodes other than the pilot. So they have replaced her for the series.

The good thing is that they have filmed 9 more episodes so far.

I do too. The show is called The Following, for his cult following. What greater ultimate control is there than to have a following do all his work. There is no greater loyalty than for them to kill his wife for him. Actions speak louder than any words they could say about their loyalty.
Woo hoo!! I am so glad she is not a regular on the show, I could not stand her and I guess that is why I secretly hoped she was a "follower" and Kevin Bacon would have to kill her...

Imzadi- thanks for the advice to put the show title in quotes to make it stand out more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: