Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
mikehn
DIS Veteran

Yesterday UPS delivered two separate packages to me. One package contained a pair of shoes I ordered. The other package had my address on it, but inside the package was someone elses shoes sent to me in error. The enclosed invoice had someone elses name and address, in a different state.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
I did call FedEx to let them know we found it a block away so they could cancel the trace on the package. I was a bit taken aback by the fact that there was no apology or admittance that they made a mistake. Had my dh not walked that far from home, who knows how long it would take (if ever) for us to get our package?

I have a few more packages coming, and at least one is a FedEx package. I hope the rest of the deliveries go smoothly!
Glad you found it..and glad that noone saw you take it off whoever's porch it was delivered to..they might have called the police and had you arrested for stealing, lol!
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #18
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

When we were in our apartment, UPS delivered us someone else's package. It was the same apartment number, but the building number was different by one...and in fairness to the UPS driver, we order a LOT on Amazon.

I happened to be out when they delivered it, and found it when I got home. I was expecting a delivery (from Amazon) the next day, so I thought it was that. Until I went to open it and realized it wasn't our name! Since I wasn't busy, I took it over to the correct apartment. The guy opened the door and was so relieved. Apparently it was his medicine and he was on the phone with UPS about it when I got there.

Everyone is human and makes mistakes (especially since this was one number off!) and it's the only real problem I've ever had.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

My UPS guy is great--totally reliable. FedEx....not so much. I never know just where they will leave a package, just somewhere in the vicinity of the house! At least UPS rings the bell when leaving a package...FedEx never.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

FedEx delivered a package to my house last Friday that didn't belong here. I called within minutes of the delivery and they said they'd contact the driver to swing back to get it. It was still here Saturday, so I called again. Got the same story.

Long story short, my husband looked up the address and delivered it himself on Tuesday. I won't use FedEx if I can help it.
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Our UPS guy is awesome. He always asks me about the Disney Store deals since that is all that ever gets delivered to us. We always go to the World in Oct, so he comes a lot in September.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #22
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

My packages are routinely mis-delivered to another house with our same house number on a street kitty corner to ours with a similiar name. It is different than our street name but similiar enough that it's a problem.

When a package is showing delivered and I don't have it, I now just drive over to that house and have usually found my package sitting on their front porch.
Luckily the people have always just brought it over to me in the past and I do the same for them when I get their packages.

Then I come home, call whatever company it was coming from and let them know they mis-delivered another one. It's never helped but at least I'm trying something.

I sure wish that whoever named the streets in the nearby neighborhoods had checked for similiar names before doing so.

We even get each others mail which is why I've gone to receiving all bills through email instead of getting paper copies. Sigh.

Connie

Not sure when my next trip will be

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #23
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i had FedEx deliver a client package to someone else once. I got the same run-around that THEY had record of it being delivered even though I could guarantee it hadn't been delivered to ME. i drove around my neighborhood, but didn't see it. thankfully, whoever received it dropped it off on my porch.

i am a photographer. someone in my old neighborhood was also a photographer. if a package came from a certain vendor, they ALWAYS delivered it to her--every.single.time. thankfully, she or her DH would always run the package over to me.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #24
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaygal View Post
Fed ex once sent me a postcard saying they could not find my address so they were sending the package via US Mail.
My mom was tearing her hair out every year having Christmas gifts delivered to her baby sister who lived in a tiny town in Canada. Problem was, not only didn't the houses have street numbers, the streets didn't have even have names. The Canadian Post Office had no trouble delivering to John Doe, Smalltown, but the parcel companies refused to deliver.

So the residents got together, they named all 6 streets. So Now they have Main Street, Railroad Street, 1st Avenue South, 1st Avenue North, 1st Street West, and 1st Street East. Still no numbers, so my uncle just said tell them we live at #1 1st Avenue North. They get their packages now.
And what cracks me up, this town with a population of 125 (including all the farms within 25 square miles).......is too tiny for the parcel delivery services, but Google has street views of all 6 streets!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #25
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I have quite a few deliveries, via UPS, FedEx and USPS, every week. FedEx is the only one, showing items "delivered", that i didn't receive. Twice, I was at home and I'm POSITIVE, they werent't stolen. It's only happened, maybe three or four times, but always FedEx.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #26
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I had a pkg delivered once and couldn't find it either. FedEx claimed it was delivered but it was nowhere to be seen and my house is the only around for a 1/4 mile in each direction. I was stumped, especially since they always leave stuff in the same place (right inside my barn). Weeks went by with phone calls and angry messages and no help from Fedex, and the company I had ordered from was about to send me a new order when I found the package...

It was sitting in the front seat of the truck in my driveway. Apparently it was raining the day of the delivery so the driver thought he'd shove the package in the truck to keep it dry (it was a different driver than our regular guy). The problem was that the truck wasn't mine! It was a friend's. She was having some issues at home and had asked to park her truck at my place for a while to avoid it being damaged by a relative. So I never went in the truck...had no reason to.

Fedex wasn't particularly apologetic but I made them put a notice on my address that all deliveries should go in the barn.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #27
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

And here's a thread citing USPS problems with FedEx cited as the good company.

YMMV.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037568

In today's delivery world the lines are very blurry, however. Some FedEx services, for example, rely on USPS for actual home delivery. As a result, it's hard to tell where the problem lies in some cases; although the company you book the service through should take full accountability, IMO.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #28
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost
Some FedEx services, for example, rely on USPS for actual home delivery.
This. They contract some services with USPS, so when you track it, it says it was delivered. But it wasn't delivered to your house. It was delivered to the USPS. It will then get to you eventually. I had two different neighbors going door to door asking for their missing package, when the post office had it.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #29
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

I have gotten packages from FedEx, UPS and the US Postal Service delivered to me that were not mine. The common thread is they always get the right house number and town, but wrong street. FedEx is the best for coming back for them, I just call and someone comes in less than 24 hours to get it. With the US Postal Service I put the package out on my mailbox and its gone the next day. Don't know if the letter carrier gets it or it's stolen, but it's gone. UPS is the worst. First they give you a hard time on the phone and then the package can sit on my front porch for days before someone comes to get it.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #30
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

I think we have more issues with the USPS out here (technically a rural route), so we have different people delivering at different times.

One year, I got a giant box delivered by FedEx - they even had me sign for it. I had no idea we were expecting a package, but my husband will occasionally forget to tell me something will be coming. I opened the box, and inside was a laptop, clothes, shoes and various other items. I knew it was NOT ours, so I called FedEx and I got the opposite of a lot of PP...they were apologetic, and very very surprised that I called them to tell them it wasn't mine because, as the lady on the phone stated "most people will just keep the misdelivered packages". They called the correct recipient, who happened to be a neighbor across the street we didn't know very well. It was a package they had sent to Turkey, was marked as unable to be delivered due to an address issue, and then sent back to sender. Only, they obviously didn't deliver it to the right person. The neighbor was very happy to get the package back.

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: