Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

We have never had a problem with anything being stolen at WDW. We do put our lap top in a drawer because we don't want to leave it in full view if the maid cracks the door while cleaning the room.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Never had anything stolen, no, but when I check out, there's always lots of money missing from my bank accounts...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #18
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz
Never had anything stolen, no, but when I check out, there's always lots of money missing from my bank accounts...
Wow you too..... I wonder how that happens

OP no never a problem....
Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #19
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Never. I have stayed in every level resort and have never had a single problem. Not even sure how many times I've stayed at Disney, more times than I can easily count.

Unlike others, the only thing I use the safe for is larger amounts of cash and narcotics. We leave a laptop on the table all the time. Kindle and Kindle Fire always on the nightstand.

This last time we went I even left my expensive camera on top the entertainment center for a couple of days. I had already gotten pictures at all the parks that week and wanted go enjoy a couple days "in the moment" without worrying about capturing moments on anything but memory.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #20
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

I'd be so worried about losing that key. :-/ I wonder what happens then. -Might just stick to burying in bags or putting in drawers.

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
LOL, but you're a stockholder, right? So it's all coming right back to you?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicPie View Post
I'd be so worried about losing that key. :-/ I wonder what happens then. -Might just stick to burying in bags or putting in drawers.

Thanks!
I loved that the safes at AoA had a combination lock in stead of a key. I wish they'd at least put the keys on a ring of some sort so I could attach it to the ring inside my backpack.

Not sure what happens if you lose the key from a Disney resort, but most hotels charge a pretty hefty fee fo that. So I'm guessing Disney is no different.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicPie
Has anyone ever had anything stolen from your hotel room while you were gone for the day?
My family stayed at BLT 11/27 till 12/4. The second night we were there, I heard something in the middle of the night and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and an employee was standing outside the bathroom door, threw a blanket at me and said, "Here's your blanket you ordered" and rushed out of the room!!!! We hadn't ordered a blanket!!! He was obviously surprised to see me and literally threw the blanket! We complained but management was actually rude and said it was mistake. The next night, I made sure the extra lock was put into place. Again, in the middle of the night my husband and I both sat straight up in the bed when we heard someone trying to open our door!!! The door opened a little but the extra lock caught it!! The next day we complained again but were not taken seriously. My daughter is a photographer and had left some expensive equipment in the room while we were at the Parks. After she put her stuff in the safe we had no other problems. But, it was really scary to find a man in our room while we were sleeping.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #24
stindall
Congress Tart

I haven't personally but my mother is pretty sure a housekeeper stole her purse last September.

Oh god there's the yeti! - A September 2014 PTR.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #25
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
My family stayed at BLT 11/27 till 12/4. The second night we were there, I heard something in the middle of the night and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and an employee was standing outside the bathroom door, threw a blanket at me and said, "Here's your blanket you ordered" and rushed out of the room!!!! We hadn't ordered a blanket!!! He was obviously surprised to see me and literally threw the blanket! We complained but management was actually rude and said it was mistake. The next night, I made sure the extra lock was put into place. Again, in the middle of the night my husband and I both sat straight up in the bed when we heard someone trying to open our door!!! The door opened a little but the extra lock caught it!! The next day we complained again but were not taken seriously. My daughter is a photographer and had left some expensive equipment in the room while we were at the Parks. After she put her stuff in the safe we had no other problems. But, it was really scary to find a man in our room while we were sleeping.
OMG that is so creepy! i would have flipped out, and i'm not the flip-out, make a big deal kind of girl lol. even if you HAD ordered a blanket that is NOT the way to deliver it. letting yourself into the room??? um, i don't think so. you wait until someone answers, and if no one does, i guess they don't need the blanket that bad!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
Sorry but I hope you learned a valuable lesson, Never, ever not lock hotel doors.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #27
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne

That's worth a call to the police, not just hotel management.

I'm also not one to raise a commotion but if that happened to me once - let alone twice - without my complaint being taken seriously, I would not let up until whatever Disney Vice President is in charge of hotel operations contacted me personally.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #28
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

I just hide the key in the room somewhere. It's $35 fee if you lose it.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #29
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I loved that the safes at AoA had a combination lock in stead of a key. I wish they'd at least put the keys on a ring of some sort so I could attach it to the ring inside my backpack.

Not sure what happens if you lose the key from a Disney resort, but most hotels charge a pretty hefty fee fo that. So I'm guessing Disney is no different.
I wonder if they will change the safes to RFID.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #30
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMe View Post
That's worth a call to the police, not just hotel management.

I'm also not one to raise a commotion but if that happened to me once - let alone twice - without my complaint being taken seriously, I would not let up until whatever Disney Vice President is in charge of hotel operations contacted me personally.
I completely agree! I would have been on the horn with 911 before I even bothered with management. I don't make a scene about much, but a man in my room in the middle of the night is something I would get fired up about!

In the tower, they have plenty of security cameras and it would have been easy to track down the culprit. And then tried again a second night?

I hope they comped your whole vacation
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: