Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #136
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
No...I am paranoid of any type of pain medication.
LOL I'm the opposite. I'm paranoid of any type of pain. I will do anything possible to avoid it.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #137
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
LOL I'm the opposite. I'm paranoid of any type of pain. I will do anything possible to avoid it.
That is funny.

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #138
MeetingMickeyin2006
Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue!

Yes, both times. With my son, I got it after 7 hours of labor and was dilated to 5. With my daughter, I had pre-term labor and was actually going to be sent home, but she decided she was coming, and I ended up not being able to get my epidural until I had labored for 37 hours was dilated to an 8 and in transition. Epidurals = heaven. They allow you to actually enjoy the birthing process and not have to be so focused on the pain. I had two healthy, beautiful babies who are now 10 and 6.

MeetingMickeyin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #139
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Didn't they offer you a blood patch? I had a horrible spinal headache for 2 days after delivery. My mom (RN) called the hospital to tell them about it and they said to bring me in immediately. They did the blood patch and my headache went away instantly.
I have never heard of it. I will have to google. I was told to stay flat on the couch and only move to use the ladies room and to get fluids in. It was absolutely horrible. I would have done anything if they offered, but nothing was. Hmm, makes me kind of upset now.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #140
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkacmom View Post
I felt the opposite! I pushed out all 3 babies in under 15 minutes (last was the largest, 5 minutes). And I refused to push until they "topped me off." I could feel to push, just not feel any discomfort.
Didn't affect my ability to push either. DD's epidural didn't work well, so I did have pain, I delivered her in three.
With DS, I had to deliver lying on my side (because my blood pressure wouldn't stay up). I felt no pain, just very warm and fidgity as a contraction came on. The doctor told us "This will take a while, it's very difficult to push effectively in this position." DH tried to warn her that DD came very quickly, but she didn't pay any attention.
She YELLED at me to STOP on the first push, grabbed a gown shoved it over her lower arms and let it dangle from there, pulled on gloves; and on my second push, out he came.
DH looked at her and said "I told you so."
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #141
NYEmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell8558 View Post
GREAT size twins!!! So awesome! I had to 2 premie babies and neither weighed what one of yours did.
It's ironic that I spent almost 9 months absolutely terrified of preterm labor & time in the NICU... it just seemed like a foregone conclusion with twins. Then weeks and weeks and weeks passed, and even though I had been 4cm since 34 weeks, nothing was happening and they had to induced me at 39+ weeks just to get the stubborn little buggers out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
Wow! Are your little beans 6 months old already?!?!? I remember when you first found out you were having twins!!!! Just yesterday it seems like
I know!! They'll be 7 months tomorrow. I don't know how it's possible but these past 7 months have flown by & have felt like the longest 7 months of my life, all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2667 View Post
Plus I had heard some horror stories of people pushing for hours and ending up with forcep-assisted deliveries.
Had an epidural and 2 of my 3 babies were delivered with a vacuum, but all were delivered after only 20 minutes of pushing, max. With DD1, I didn't dilate evenly and had a "lip" that she couldn't make it past. So they used just a tiny bit of suction to help her past it. Pushed for about 20 minutes but it was my first time so I probably only had about 5 minutes of GOOD pushing, lol.

With DD2, she was apparently have some pretty bad decels whenever a contraction came when I was trying to push, so after only about 2 pushes, they put the vacuum on her and got her out ASAP. She came out sunny side up, screaming at the doctor & peeing all over him -- she was just fine.

DD3 didn't need any assistance... she came 14 minutes after DD2 with only 3 pushes. She was over a pound heavier than DD2 too.

8/82 off-site :: 12/88 off-site :: 2/93 POFQ :: 12/98 off-site :: 10/02 POFQ :: 10/11 POFQ :: waiting for 3/15 to get here!
NYEmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #142
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

No, because I was more scared of the epidural than of the pain of childbirth. It worked for us.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #143
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

after 37 hours of labor, had a spinal.

the other pregnancies, nothing.

not my choice, but the boys came too quickly for the epidural.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #144
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Yes, twice

First time worked like a charm.

Second time, blood pressure dropped so they had to stop the epidural (side effect), then could not administer a different kind, so had to tough it out - not a good thing!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #145
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I'm due in 6 months and plan to get one in case I need a c-section. General anesthesia and I DO NOT get along so I want to be prepared. Plus I think the pain may trigger my panic disorder if I think something is wrong and it isn't normal pain.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #146
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Nope, three natural births.

Two in birthing centers, one at home, with a midwife. Such empowering experiences and I was up and about 10-15 minutes after giving birth all three times. Those birthing experiences were for me priceless.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #147
fun4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar heel View Post
Three kids, one epidural. Hard to describe how much better I felt post delivery for the no epidural births.

Same here for me! I had 3 babies. The first 2 no epidural the last one with an epidural. My recovery from the last was much longer. I wonder if it would have been a faster recovery if I opted not to have the epidural.
fun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #148
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran

Yesx3.

I tried to tough it out, but various minor complications kept me stuck in bed on my back. I think I could have pushed through otherwise, but it wasn't to be.

I had three lovely, healthy little girls and that's all I really care about.

My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #149
NYEmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
I'm due in 6 months and plan to get one in case I need a c-section. General anesthesia and I DO NOT get along so I want to be prepared. Plus I think the pain may trigger my panic disorder if I think something is wrong and it isn't normal pain.
I have anxiety disorder and the nerves and stuff when everything started happening, especially with my first, really put me into a tailspin. I felt so much better once I had the epi placed and could relax and could forget my body was getting ready to evict this baby, lol. For me, dwelling on it & the myriads of things that could possibly happen and all the various scenarios of what it's going to be like, etc. is really what sets my anxiety off so being able to put it out of my mind and distract myself with other things helped calm me down.

8/82 off-site :: 12/88 off-site :: 2/93 POFQ :: 12/98 off-site :: 10/02 POFQ :: 10/11 POFQ :: waiting for 3/15 to get here!
NYEmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #150
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

I am due in Aug, and I will not be getting one

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: