Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

My personal favorites: candy or other munchies, a beverage opener key chain, fun little things to have in the room or on the door.

We didn't bring any door magnets. Didn't need to. Our door got decorated by the FE. We also got some cute ping pong balls with Mickey Mouse ear hats on them that light up. Those were fun to have in the stateroom.

Least favorite? A printout with recipes on it. Those went in the trash.

We typically give a CD of our favorite "cruise mix" featuring Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, Harry Belafonte, etc. We print a custom label on them with the cruise dates and so forth. Also, my wife likes to embroider things such as coasters with the ship logo.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
My personal favorites: candy or other munchies, a beverage opener key chain, fun little things to have in the room or on the door.

We didn't bring any door magnets. Didn't need to. Our door got decorated by the FE. We also got some cute ping pong balls with Mickey Mouse ear hats on them that light up. Those were fun to have in the stateroom.

Least favorite? A printout with recipes on it. Those went in the trash.

We typically give a CD of our favorite "cruise mix" featuring Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, Harry Belafonte, etc. We print a custom label on them with the cruise dates and so forth. Also, my wife likes to embroider things such as coasters with the ship logo.
I am just remembering a thread I read a few days ago where a Diser posted with excitement about the recipes she gave in the FE. Maybe we should stick to our favorite FE gifts so as not to offend anyone. My favorites included a handmade pair of earrings, keychains, post-it notes that were personalized with a Disney watermark, and bookmarks. But we were excited for all of the gifts.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

My favorites were a couple of Christmas ornaments, but then, I decorate my tree with only Disney, so they're a great reminder of the trip I can put on my tree every year. A couple of them were flat and very packable and another was round, but very small, so it easily fit into something else to pack.

I also enjoyed getting the mini bottle of liquor, though I couldn't drink it at the time because I was having to take a muscle relaxer for a back problem. Since I couldn't drink it, I gave it to my room steward (rather than try to fit it in my 3oz baggie of liquids for flying) and he seemed to appreciate it.

It's really hard to pick favorites - there were so many things I enjoyed. My last cruise was close to Christmas and some of the gifts were for decorating the cabin which was great since I hadn't brought anything to do so myself. There was a paper bag scrapbook that was really cute and a couple of different coffee cup cozies which sit in my kitchen so I can grab them when I'm taking a coffee to go out the door.

I got a couple of keychain lanyard things - one of those is on my keys now. And also a CD of Disney songs that's in my car now.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
Not everyone drinks. Those would be in our trash. I don't think you can please everyone. I think you just have to do your best. I tried to think practically for things that might actually be used either during the vacation and/or afterwards, as well as a treat.
We've given those little bottles to our cabin host to share with other CMs when we haven't wanted them ourselves. We actually give most of the candy to our cabin host, too. The children pick out some of their favorite and the rest we pass along.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

For me, supposed grownup that I am, the best gift is the little thrill of going back to the room and seeing something - anything - in the FE. I don't know about y'all, but the older I get the fewer "happy surprises" there seem to be... I'm so excited to get little gifts like that!

I give what seems fun or helpful or whatever to me, that I can afford, and hope they like it. I figure if they don't like something, or are allergic to something, or whatever, they can just throw it out or give it away, no skin off my nose. I just hope that they enjoyed that get-a-gift feeling.

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
SamandWill1921
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
For me, supposed grownup that I am, the best gift is the little thrill of going back to the room and seeing something - anything - in the FE. I don't know about y'all, but the older I get the fewer "happy surprises" there seem to be... I'm so excited to get little gifts like that!

I give what seems fun or helpful or whatever to me, that I can afford, and hope they like it. I figure if they don't like something, or are allergic to something, or whatever, they can just throw it out or give it away, no skin off my nose. I just hope that they enjoyed that get-a-gift feeling.

-gina-
I'm with you, Gina! I just love getting stuff from the FE. Knowing that I was thought of is enough for me. Some people may label the plastic stuff junk, but I have 3 younger brothers 11, 8, and 5 who weren't on the cruise with DH and I. They were THRILLED to get "junk" that I had no use for that people had given me from all over the country, and even around the world. they thought it was the coolest thing. So you just never know who you are bringing a little pixie dust to...

Belated Honeymoon at Disneyland October 2011
Disney Wonder California Coast Sept 2012
Disneyland Sept 2012
SamandWill1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
GoHabsGo
Mouseketeer

Little bottles to the trash?

I'm still hurting over the thought of that!
GoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #23
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandWill1921 View Post
I'm with you, Gina! I just love getting stuff from the FE. Knowing that I was thought of is enough for me. Some people may label the plastic stuff junk, but I have 3 younger brothers 11, 8, and 5 who weren't on the cruise with DH and I. They were THRILLED to get "junk" that I had no use for that people had given me from all over the country, and even around the world. they thought it was the coolest thing. So you just never know who you are bringing a little pixie dust to...
We've brought FE trinkets back to the younger children of a Disney-fan family we know, especially the things that are Disney themed.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Wow, there have been so many good gifts we have received over the years! The ones that stick out in my mind (and I hope I don't slight anyone because I'm sure I have favorites that I have forgotten about) are:

Disney recycle tote bag
Ornaments
Recipes
Passport holder
Magnets
Mini wine/rum bottles