Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #136
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

This probably isn't going to be popular, but Rayna is starting to get on my nerves.

Before Teddy was running for Mayor, it seemed like Rayna and Teddy were a perfectly happy couple. They communicated well, always said "I love you" to each other (which seemed very sincere), etc. Granted, we knew she still carried a torch for Deacon, but seemed like she was pretty content with her life with Teddy.

She finds out about Teddy and the money situation and so she distances herself from him. So now she's trying to reinvent herself musically, but in the process is practically giving Liam a lap dance on stage? If he hadn't done what he did with the record label thing and ticked her off, I think she would've had an affair with him.

So, now it will be her with Deacon, which I guess I don't have a problem with, but 1) why the Liam nonsense and 2) why is she giving up on her marriage? I guess it makes for good TV -- we talked about it in the beginning of this thread how the show is very soap opera-y, but I don't know, I'm just starting to not like her as much. And Scarlett . . . Lord, Scarlett . . . I seriously can't understand a word that actress says! I'm starting to like the Avery/Scarlett story line a lot more than Rayna's lately.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #137
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Am I the only one that wants Rayna and Deacon together ?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
No! I'd like to see them together too! Of course the mom in me feels bad for the girls. I wonder who is the father of the 1 daughter if it's not Teddy. I am assuming it's Deacon.
Fly4free is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #138
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
And Scarlett . . . Lord, Scarlett . . . I seriously can't understand a word that actress says!
I'm almost to the point of giving up on the show because of the actress who plays Scarlette. Can't stand her speaking or singing voice AT ALL. And I'm a southerner, so I'm used to southern accents!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #139
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4free View Post
No! I'd like to see them together too! Of course the mom in me feels bad for the girls. I wonder who is the father of the 1 daughter if it's not Teddy. I am assuming it's Deacon.
I would think it would have to be Deacon because they almost did the timeline for us through dialog a few times - Rayna sent Deacon to rehab and then married Teddy within months and the child is the same age as the marriage - something along those lines.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #140
Fly4free
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I would think it would have to be Deacon because they almost did the timeline for us through dialog a few times - Rayna sent Deacon to rehab and then married Teddy within months and the child is the same age as the marriage - something along those lines.

Liz
Obviously Deacon is not so good at math! But who has to be when he's so darn cute!!
Fly4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #141
feet1
Mouseketeer

Love love love this show!! Love Deacon...sigh...

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #142
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

OMG! The last few minutes of the show last night! I was so happy when she texted him but the opened the door...

What do you think will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #143
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I was wondering if I was the only one still watching!

I loved the show last night. I was completely on edge the last few minutes, especially when she opened the door and it was TEDDY! All I could think about was what is going to happen when Deacon shows up to her room, late at night, and Teddy is there ...

So Teddy and Peggy did have an affair all those years ago. I was wrong about that. I figured he had been faithful, that she wanted to and he didn't.

What did everyone think of Gunnar taking Avery to task? Loved that! Also, the previews showed Rayna kissing the producer guy (I can't remember his name all of a sudden) - I thought he was out of the picture?

Can't wait for next week!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #144
feet1
Mouseketeer

I LOVED it last night. I was so excited that Rayna texted Deacon, but when she opened the door and it was Teddy...ugh...I want her with Deacon so bad. As yeah, what's up with the preview and she's kissing that producer I don't like him at all...he's no good in my opinion...no good at all...nope, she needs to be with Deacon. I am seriously crushing on Deacon right now, lol.

1984 (I was 9) - off site
1989 - off site
1992 -CBR
2006 - POFQ
2007 - WL
Sept 19-27 2013 POFQ

feet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #145
Beachbumpirates
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feet1 View Post
I LOVED it last night. I was so excited that Rayna texted Deacon, but when she opened the door and it was Teddy...ugh...I want her with Deacon so bad. As yeah, what's up with the preview and she's kissing that producer I don't like him at all...he's no good in my opinion...no good at all...nope, she needs to be with Deacon. I am seriously crushing on Deacon right now, lol.
I completely agree with you! I think I woke the neighbors when I saw Teddy standing there when she opened the door! Didn't you love what a gentleman Deacon was by standing back though when he saw Teddy? Whoever is writing is brilliant!

My DD is going to school in Nashville. When we were down last in Nov and they were filming all over town. We actually had lunch a few tables away from Sam Palladio at Noshville! He is tall and adorable! We then saw them filming a scene with Avery and his manager a few blocks off Broadway. I was looking everywhere for Deacon but no such luck.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #146
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I love this show. My face last night consisted of looking like this a lot

I'm rooting for Deacon and Rayna.

Mandy

mandy200587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #147
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

I'm rooting for Deacon and Rayna too!!! It's about time! Mr Mayor guy is kinda creepy...

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #148
mumto3girls
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=BearcatsFan;47438953]I was wondering if I was the only one still watching!

I loved the show last night. I was completely on edge the last few minutes, especially when she opened the door and it was TEDDY! All I could think about was what is going to happen when Deacon shows up to her room, late at night, and Teddy is there ...

So Teddy and Peggy did have an affair all those years ago. I was wrong about that. I figured he had been faithful, that she wanted to and he didn't.

What did everyone think of Gunnar taking Avery to task? Loved that! Also, the previews showed Rayna kissing the producer guy (I can't remember his name all of a sudden) - I thought he was out of the picture?

I am enjoying this show a lot. I wasn't sure that I would like it as I don't care that much for country music, but I like the storyline. I agree with those who say that they love Scarlett's singing, but I also agree with those that cannot understand her. Her accent is tough to understand and she talks so much more softly than everyone else--I have to turn up the volume everytime she speaks. Love Deacon! I am also enjoying Jonathan Jackson (Avery). I have watched him on General Hospital since he was a kid and I think he is a fabulous actor. It is interesting to watch him play such a jerk.

As for Teddy and Peggy, I may be wrong, but I think early on we heard that Peggy was an old girlfriend--I took that to mean that they were together before he and Rayna got together and I think that there was a question as to whether or not they rekindled their romance during the time when the business scandal occurred. I seem to recall Rayna commenting on Peggy being an old girlfriend at one point.

Anyone know how many more episodes we get? My favorite show--Parenthood--had the season finale in January. Who ever heard of a season finale in January!?! So annoying! I hope we get new episodes of Nashville until May.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #149
mandy200587
Saves Christmas for many on the DIS
Can find any present!
I ran into a wall on laughing gas

I think we got more 9 more episodes when it got picked up for a full season but I didn't know how many more they had to shoot.

Mandy

mandy200587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #150
Pembo
OH-IO

Loved Gunnar and Avery...I don't like Avery so anytime he gets put down I'm happy.
Once I read that Scarlett is actually Australian, I am in awe of her southern accent.
We are not big country music fans either but I actually like most of the music.
I was glad to see Juliette do her own thing and go against her brand.
Don't like Teddy either - he's just smarmy.
Deacon needs a woman that will treat him as he deserves...I think the Dis has a few for him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: