Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #421
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
So is it bad I JUST found your rreport last night? I used to be on top of them! See what kids do to ya! Your trip looks like a blast. Cannot believe how big Claire is getting!
Thats OK. I am really writing slowly anyways, so you didn;t have too much to catch up on. I also have another one I am writing as well. It's the "I love comedians with guitars" link in my signature. Writing 2 takes so much time.

Claire is growing like a weed. She hasn't gotten the memo to stop for awhile. Every year she grows like 2 inches. UGH!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #422
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Our turn on the new Little Mermaid ride! Woohoo!





Our omnimovers moved us left and right, front and back and even titled at times. We started out on land and then it gave us the feeling we were going under water.

Carey and family are in this car!





We were tilted back and looking up you see Ariel swimming above you.



At some point the ride stopped. We panicked a bit again. As nice as it is to be on the ride, we were not stopped in front of anything great. In fact my view was the back of Careys car.
And we still had a lot we wanted to do yet, including the parade. Luckily after a few minutes we got moving again.











Under the Sea!

























jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #423
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Poor Unfortunate Souls!









Sha la la la la la la laaaaaa! Kiss the Girl! Thats my favorite song from the Little Mermaid.









Everything works out Great for the happy couple!















That was a big hit with us. We really enjoyed this ride. Now I wouldnt wait for a long period of time to ride it, but I dont like to wait long for ANY ride. It is worth riding and checking out though. Probably the best dark ride in the park right now in my opinion.

We headed out once again.



It was time to go find a spot for the parade. I like Liberty Square area, as it is usually less crowded there, so thats the way we headed.



As we were walking a noticed a Photopass photographer doing nothing, but clearly had something set up. I asked Carey and she wasnt sure what it was, but we figured magic shot so we made a quick stop.
Claire and I went first.





I love these shots!!!

Careys family was next!



And then we quickly made our way to Liberty Square, where it was a mad house! I was surprised how busy it was. I always go by the rule the 2nd parade is less busy. In fact for Spectro and MSEP many times we walk up about 15 minutes prior and find a spot to sit with barely anyone around. This WAS not true for tonight.
Carey noticed a spot that was a walk through and we positioned ourselves to stand near there and throw the kids there when the rope went up. A lot of people had this same idea though, unfortunately. Luckily the CM kept telling people to back away, but we were at a spot that we should be OK to make the dash.
Soon they roped it off and the Headless Horseman came through. The kids sat and had a perfect spot.







Unfortunately after he went by, they unroped the walkway again and they had to stand back up and move out of the way. UGH! We got separated, and Claire stood with Careys family. I trusted Carey to get them in position though. She was eyeing people and letting them know not to mess with her. LOL!



This CM was out there dancing away and just having a great time. I really think she loves her job!

jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #424
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,560

Thank you for the shots from The Little Mermaid ride! I have been looking all over and couldn't seem to find any that really showed what the ride itself was like.

Re MNSSHP: We went one time. The kids loved it, of course, but the best part about it was my sister in law. She had dressed as the princess from Enchanted, from head to toe, including wig and big puffy white wedding dress. Her costume was so spot on that many people thought she worked there and stopped her for pictures and autographs. Since I was walking with her (wearing just a plain black t-shirt and jeans), people probably thought I was her CM handler!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #425
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,149

Your report is the first one that I've read that described how your vehicles in the Little Mermaid move and tilt and such. How neat! I'm even more excited to see it now.

Very cool Headless Horseman pictures! You really had a good spot to capture the pictures.
__________________
2014 pre-trip report: Doesn't everybody have Disney on speed dial? Seriously? Mickeystoontown does! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258703
2013 trip report: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381



mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #426
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,043

Great dark ride shots! Especially for not using any sort of a specialty lens (I think???)

Great Headless Horseman shot!

And yeah at another Hitchhiking Ghost shot!

And I see Carey eyeing the other parade watchers. Isn't that John though?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #427
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 13,380

Sorry I have been missing, Jen. We are going towards half term and it's pretty busy and hectic here.

BUT ........
I love your LM ride photos - I really hope we get to ride it in February! We won't have much park time, but we will try to make the most of it!
Your pics of the Halloween Parade are just so awesome and bring back so many memories as do the magic shots. We got exactly the same ones when we did the Halloween Parties a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #428
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,347

Great pictures of the Little Mermaid. My pictures didn't come out anywhere as good a yours.

Love the headless horseman!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #429
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Thank you for the shots from The Little Mermaid ride! I have been looking all over and couldn't seem to find any that really showed what the ride itself was like.

Re MNSSHP: We went one time. The kids loved it, of course, but the best part about it was my sister in law. She had dressed as the princess from Enchanted, from head to toe, including wig and big puffy white wedding dress. Her costume was so spot on that many people thought she worked there and stopped her for pictures and autographs. Since I was walking with her (wearing just a plain black t-shirt and jeans), people probably thought I was her CM handler!
Thanks. I noticed not a lot of pictures are out there yet. I have more from later in the trip ...but it will be quite awhile till I get that far to post them.

Thats so neat. I would love to really dress up like that sometime too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your report is the first one that I've read that described how your vehicles in the Little Mermaid move and tilt and such. How neat! I'm even more excited to see it now.

Very cool Headless Horseman pictures! You really had a good spot to capture the pictures.
I'm glad I could help. I enjoyed the ride a lot. VEry colorful and lots of good music.
I was fairly happy with the headless horseman shots. I really need to see the parade a few more times and get there early for a better vantage point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great dark ride shots! Especially for not using any sort of a specialty lens (I think???)

Great Headless Horseman shot!

And yeah at another Hitchhiking Ghost shot!

And I see Carey eyeing the other parade watchers. Isn't that John though?
I think I was using my 18-55mm. Ideally the best lens I have is my 50mm for dark rides, but these came out ok. I think if I go back and ride it again, I'll try to bring along that lens. I brought that one along and it pretty much sat in my room the whole trip. It's just not good for many of the things I use need.

Carey was probly giving Jophn strict instructions on how to get those girls up front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Sorry I have been missing, Jen. We are going towards half term and it's pretty busy and hectic here.

BUT ........
I love your LM ride photos - I really hope we get to ride it in February! We won't have much park time, but we will try to make the most of it!
Your pics of the Halloween Parade are just so awesome and bring back so many memories as do the magic shots. We got exactly the same ones when we did the Halloween Parties a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing!
I figured it was that time for you.
I hope you get to ride it too. If you can, get a fast pass as I have heard the lines have just been awful since it opened.

I was very excited to get these party exclusive magic shots. If it wasn't for Carey, I would've totally forgotten about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Great pictures of the Little Mermaid. My pictures didn't come out anywhere as good a yours.

Love the headless horseman!
Thanks. I think it will take some practice and a better lens on my part to get them better. They were pretty dark and I tried to lighten them up a bit. I think for the most part, a point and shoot camera on auto won't be able to capture too much without a little blur. I was getting blur using manual settings.

I was excoted to fianlly see the headless horseman too!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #430
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think I was using my 18-55mm. Ideally the best lens I have is my 50mm for dark rides, but these came out ok. I think if I go back and ride it again, I'll try to bring along that lens. I brought that one along and it pretty much sat in my room the whole trip. It's just not good for many of the things I use need.

Carey was probly giving Jophn strict instructions on how to get those girls up front!


The 50 is a great lens in a tiny package. I'm just ot a big fan of that length. I think you did great using a kit lens!

And yes, Carey deserves a huge

A girl after my own heart!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #431
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,995

Somehow my post didn't get posted. The Little Mermaid looks pretty neat, but like a ride I would do once & that would be it. It's kind of nice that it is old school as far as Disney rides are concerned. To repeat myself & at the risk of giving you a swelled head great pictures!

Oh one other thing, did the Headless Horseman just walk his horse or did he gallop in. It looks like a walk instead of a gallop.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #432
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
The 50 is a great lens in a tiny package. I'm just ot a big fan of that length. I think you did great using a kit lens!

And yes, Carey deserves a huge

A girl after my own heart!
exactly. I don't like the length either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Somehow my post didn't get posted. The Little Mermaid looks pretty neat, but like a ride I would do once & that would be it. It's kind of nice that it is old school as far as Disney rides are concerned. To repeat myself & at the risk of giving you a swelled head great pictures!

Oh one other thing, did the Headless Horseman just walk his horse or did he gallop in. It looks like a walk instead of a gallop.
Thanks.

He walked it and all videos from 2012 show him walking that I can find. I know there was an accident, not sure if it was this year or last year ....where the horse slipped and fell and I wondered if that is now why he walks?
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #433
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 26,906

I love the magic shot with the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I am surprised that the second parade was so busy.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #434
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the magic shot with the Hitchhiking Ghosts. I am surprised that the second parade was so busy.

Corinna
Thanks

This was a theme for the whole trip. It was very busy!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #435
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,995

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

exactly. I don't like the length either.

Thanks.

He walked it and all videos from 2012 show him walking that I can find. I know there was an accident, not sure if it was this year or last year ....where the horse slipped and fell and I wondered if that is now why he walks?
That is why I asked, I've seen videos of the Headless Horseman & he was galloping at the beginning of the parade. I know the CMs made everyone get far back so he could do that. I'm thinking the walking is because of the accident.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: