Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #2116
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all my RC friends for all the support. You guys are like the best bra ever.

wookie I am SO sorry that they are going without you. I can't believe they've been hiding it from you!

padawans I will DEFINITELY be posting a TR of this trip! I can't wait. I think Lily is the most excited though.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #2117
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Thanks to all my RC friends for all the support. You guys are like the best bra ever.
OMG that was too funny!!

Quote:
wookie I am SO sorry that they are going without you. I can't believe they've been hiding it from you!
I'm hoping they are just "talking" about it. I know they are hiding it because they know I'll be mad about it and I've already told them and the DH he can't go to any conferences at WDW if I can't go. The DH came into our room and asked me why I was mad at him while I was doing school work. When I told him, he said, "well it's not like we're going to Disney World." I said, "I'm going to let you get away with saying something stupid like that, and me not throw the closest thing I can get into my hand just this once. The conference is at Coronado Springs, which is on Disney World property. Technically you are going to Disney World." I swear he was acting like someone who knew nothing about Disney World and thought the Magic Kingdom was all there is to Disney World.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #2118
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
OMG that was too funny!!

I'm hoping they are just "talking" about it. I know they are hiding it because they know I'll be mad about it and I've already told them and the DH he can't go to any conferences at WDW if I can't go. The DH came into our room and asked me why I was mad at him while I was doing school work. When I told him, he said, "well it's not like we're going to Disney World." I said, "I'm going to let you get away with saying something stupid like that, and me not throw the closest thing I can get into my hand just this once. The conference is at Coronado Springs, which is on Disney World property. Technically you are going to Disney World." I swear he was acting like someone who knew nothing about Disney World and thought the Magic Kingdom was all there is to Disney World.
I'm sure I missed something, but why can't you go? Does it interfere with school?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #2119
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

I forgot to answer this earlier.....
No I didn't. The DH had to run a service call this morning before being trained on how the office works. As he was coming home, he stopped by Sonic and brought me a bacon cheeseburger /w fries and a Dr. Pepper. I was actually eating it, when the fil talked about the FL training. The DH got uncomfortable (which let me know they were hiding it from me) and kept saying 'I love you'. I finally just looked at him and said, "you remember that movie we saw where a person was killed with an ear of corn?" Then I pulled a fry out of the fry box, held it up, and said, "this is your ear of corn."
Oh no!

I have to say that I have gone to Orlando on business twice in the past few years. I didn't take my family either time because truly, I didn't stay long enough to make any time of vacation out of it.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #2120
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think this has to be one of the best things I have ever read on the Dis!! I love it!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2121
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good evening ladies! DH is in bed again early tonight and the kids are entertaining themselves until bedtime so I figured I would give my RC family a visit

Janet - yes, time does fly for sure I remember beings scared, young and away from my family when I had DS, I remember holding him for the first time in the NICU. So much has changed since that day but all for the best! It is so hard to believe that he has been in my life for 20 years already!

Dani - OMG about the bra comment, especially since I had to go buy new bras today since mine were falling apart I learned a long time ago that you never know what a person has going on behind closed doors and you can never judge because you just don't know. DS9 actually has to write a paper this weekend about characteristics of a good friend, and we were talking this morning how important it is to have a friend that is there for you no matter what, happy times and sad times. As far the abuse, I had the opportunity after I got out of my abusive relationship I was asked into the high school to talk to a group of girls and let them know that it happens even as teens. I think it is such a taboo thing to discuss, but these girls need to know they are important and can get out

Miss - he was up at 3am from so he came home ate dinner and passed out, I know he doesn't feel well, but i also think a lot of it is stress. Better this week then when we are at Disney!!! I was so sick when we were there in Dec but trucked through it, but we all know how men are when they are sick I was also thinking that we hadn't heard from Linda, a tracking device sounds like a good idea Although KOOK is trying to convince us that Linda is really homeless and not just on vacations

Wookie - oh I don't blame you for being furious with the whole DH and IL's possibly going to WDW! I hope you dont fight too much about it and can get your school work done. Hang in there

Lacey - I want to say when we were at CR in Dec it was already the sheet duvet system, but maybe I am confusing it with YC. I know its not real down though because I have called and asked as I am allergic to down and was assured it wasn't and didn't wake up itchy at all

Marie - sounds like non-CL may be a great option for DL

to everyone else!!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #2122
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: are you going to make heads spin over this?? Keep us posted. Do you need back up??

Miss: Thanks for asking about us...we are doing ok. DH is still sick, DD8 is gone off to her 2 night winter wonderland camp, DD6 just got home from a late playdate, and DD4 is dreaming of ways she can rule the house this weekend. Me, well I am nursing a glass of red wine, and catching up with you all. At this moment...pure bliss. How is Miss M these days???

Dani and Christine: we can get excited about cruises together! Ours is only a three night but is on Nov 21. I am super pumped!!

Iheart: That is amazing about your kids art contest...best of luck to them!

Hope everyone is having a good night...and I hope it is warmer there then it is here!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #2123
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: are you going to make heads spin over this?? Keep us posted. Do you need back up??

Miss: Thanks for asking about us...we are doing ok. DH is still sick, DD8 is gone off to her 2 night winter wonderland camp, DD6 just got home from a late playdate, and DD4 is dreaming of ways she can rule the house this weekend. Me, well I am nursing a glass of red wine, and catching up with you all. At this moment...pure bliss. How is Miss M these days???

Dani and Christine: we can get excited about cruises together! Ours is only a three night but is on Nov 21. I am super pumped!!

Iheart: That is amazing about your kids art contest...best of luck to them!

Hope everyone is having a good night...and I hope it is warmer there then it is here!!
Is your DH as bad at being sick as mine is I know they don't feel good, but why do they get to go to bed early and the world just stops. When mom's are sick, nothing changes

I hope DD8 had a great weekend! And more importantly you enjoyed that wine and maybe even poured a second glass I hope DD4 doesn't cause too much trouble, lol!!!

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #2124
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Is your DH as bad at being sick as mine is I know they don't feel good, but why do they get to go to bed early and the world just stops. When mom's are sick, nothing changes

I hope DD8 had a great weekend! And more importantly you enjoyed that wine and maybe even poured a second glass I hope DD4 doesn't cause too much trouble, lol!!!

Melissa
Melissa: When we got home from the funeral, he thanked my parents for getting the girls, walked upstairs, and slept for 3 hours. When I tell him I was feeling the way he is two days ago he says "NO WAY you were not feeling this bad".

"Ummmm yes I was, I just kept going!!!" like a lunatic. I don't know why we moms can't just go and lie down without major guilt. They have no problem! And what I can't figure out is why the kids actually leave him alone! When I try to sleep they are all over me. ..

And then I get my mom on the phone telling me I need to be more sympathetic for him. What the??? I guess you hit on a sore spot!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #2125
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Hi everyone!!! Finally the weekend!!! Ok, so you know how the other day I said I'm sticking with Poly??? Well.......I did it, I jinxed myself!!! Now DH and I are thinking of buying a DVC. We've been going every year, are planning on continuing going every year, and prefer staying deluxe, the DVC just makes sense for us. SO, right now I'm looking into options of a resale on BLT. Decisions, decisions......
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. AKL stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #2126
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Hi everyone!!! Finally the weekend!!! Ok, so you know how the other day I said I'm sticking with Poly??? Well.......I did it, I jinxed myself!!! Now DH and I are thinking of buying a DVC. We've been going every year, are planning on continuing going every year, and prefer staying deluxe, the DVC just makes sense for us. SO, right now I'm looking into options of a resale on BLT. Decisions, decisions......
....exciting!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #2127
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melissa: When we got home from the funeral, he thanked my parents for getting the girls, walked upstairs, and slept for 3 hours. When I tell him I was feeling the way he is two days ago he says "NO WAY you were not feeling this bad".

"Ummmm yes I was, I just kept going!!!" like a lunatic. I don't know why we moms can't just go and lie down without major guilt. They have no problem! And what I can't figure out is why the kids actually leave him alone! When I try to sleep they are all over me. ..

And then I get my mom on the phone telling me I need to be more sympathetic for him. What the??? I guess you hit on a sore spot!
I am back to add that I really do love my DH, snoring and all.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #2128
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I was laughing that you came back to say you really do love him after this post I know you do, they just get under our skin sometimes! We are just super moms that can handle anything.....can you imagine if men had to give birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11
Oh how exciting!! I looked into DVC but DH doesn't want to hear it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #2129
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Lacey - I want to say when we were at CR in Dec it was already the sheet duvet system, but maybe I am confusing it with YC. I know its not real down though because I have called and asked as I am allergic to down and was assured it wasn't and didn't wake up itchy at all

Melissa
I use the term "down" generically. I just much prefer the sheet duvet system to the old bedspreads! I want to stay at the Poly but not until the rooms are refurbed. But maybe the CR should be in the mix! Right now airfare is too high for me to book but still weighing my options!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11
So exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3

I am back to add that I really do love my DH, snoring and all.
We know you do!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #2130
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Wookie - oh I don't blame you for being furious with the whole DH and IL's possibly going to WDW! I hope you dont fight too much about it and can get your school work done. Hang in there

Melissa
I still have some work to do for this week. I have one case study and a quiz to get done by 11:59 PM Sunday night.

Quote:
I will, if they go. The DH doesn't think it will happen, but the fil is really pushing for it. I think the DH said it was like $2,500 per person for the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
How exciting!! I would love to one day own a part of DVC.

I've decided to put off all school work until tomorrow. The in laws went to the lake house this weekend, so I'm just going to sit in front of the tv, maybe play a little Star Wars, and do nothing.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: