Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

My FedEx package is missing

I placed an order from a company a few days ago, and have been tracking my package. At about 11:00 AM today, I tracked my package and it said it had been delivered at 10:00 AM. I was home all morning and didn't see or hear the delivery. I went outside to check. No package. I checked around the back door. No package. I even took a walk down the block to see if it was on a neighbor's porch by mistake. No package.

I contacted FedEx and they said that records show it was delivered at 10 AM. I insisted that the package was not there, and they said they would put a trace on it (contacting the driver, and asking him to trace his steps in case he left it somewhere else by mistake) but that will take 24-48 hours.

Has FedEx ever lost one of your deliveries? If so, did you file a claim? I contacted the company where I placed the order, but haven't heard from them yet. This is a 25 pound box and is $300 worth of books, so it's not a small or light package. I hope it's found soon!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Happened to me. I sent a small "care package" to my daughter's dorm. Fed Ex said it was delivered, the college mail room had no record of receiving it. Turned up eventually. I still don't know where it had been.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

Yep. Bought some expensive shoes from Zappos. FedEx indicated it was delivered...nothing. Asked FedEx to track it, they couldn't find it. Zappos agreed to send me another pair, except that they were now on backorder.

Then, a very crabby lady down the street (who I didn't know) stopped me one day to chew me out for having the nerve to have my packages delivered to her home. You guessed it....the crabby lady received my shoes and I had NO idea they were there. Naturally she didn't believe that I hadn't asked for them to be delivered to her (why would I?) and informed me that she had trashed my package.

It took about a month for things to get straightened out...and I got a refund because the shoes I ordered were out of stock and not going to be restocked.

I'm not a fan of FedEx. I've found they are the "we might get it to you, if we don't drop it on the tarmac or give it to the wrong person" delivery people.

I generally use UPS for this reason. Never had a problem there. But with FedEx, my husband's passport laid on the tarmac in Memphis when we sent it to the Brazillian embassy for a visa, his computer cord that I sent to be delivered in the very early next morning service (and paid a premium) got to him 5 days later, and a grant application took 11 days to show up in DC.

Yep, not a FedEx fan.

KC

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
I placed an order from a company a few days ago, and have been tracking my package. At about 11:00 AM today, I tracked my package and it said it had been delivered at 10:00 AM. I was home all morning and didn't see or hear the delivery. I went outside to check. No package. I checked around the back door. No package. I even took a walk down the block to see if it was on a neighbor's porch by mistake. No package.

I contacted FedEx and they said that records show it was delivered at 10 AM. I insisted that the package was not there, and they said they would put a trace on it (contacting the driver, and asking him to trace his steps in case he left it somewhere else by mistake) but that will take 24-48 hours.

Has FedEx ever lost one of your deliveries? If so, did you file a claim? I contacted the company where I placed the order, but haven't heard from them yet. This is a 25 pound box and is $300 worth of books, so it's not a small or light package. I hope it's found soon!

Is the package small enough to fit into your mailbox?

ETA: Didn't notice the line about the size of the package. Sorry. D'oh!

Last edited by smitch425; 01-25-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: duh moment
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Pixiedust34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Happened to me. I sent a small "care package" to my daughter's dorm. Fed Ex said it was delivered, the college mail room had no record of receiving it. Turned up eventually. I still don't know where it had been.
Glad your package was eventually delivered. I hope mine is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust for Me! View Post
Yep. Bought some expensive shoes from Zappos. FedEx indicated it was delivered...nothing. Asked FedEx to track it, they couldn't find it. Zappos agreed to send me another pair, except that they were now on backorder.

Then, a very crabby lady down the street (who I didn't know) stopped me one day to chew me out for having the nerve to have my packages delivered to her home. You guessed it....the crabby lady received my shoes and I had NO idea they were there. Naturally she didn't believe that I hadn't asked for them to be delivered to her (why would I?) and informed me that she had trashed my package.

It took about a month for things to get straightened out...and I got a refund because the shoes I ordered were out of stock and not going to be restocked.

I'm not a fan of FedEx. I've found they are the "we might get it to you, if we don't drop it on the tarmac or give it to the wrong person" delivery people.

I generally use UPS for this reason. Never had a problem there. But with FedEx, my husband's passport laid on the tarmac in Memphis when we sent it to the Brazillian embassy for a visa, his computer cord that I sent to be delivered in the very early next morning service (and paid a premium) got to him 5 days later, and a grant application took 11 days to show up in DC.

Yep, not a FedEx fan.

KC
That's a messy situation! I'm quickly becoming not a FedEx fan, too.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

It's funny how the same company can get different reviews in different areas. Around here, FedEx is much more dependable than UPS. FedEx actually rings the doorbell so if you have something perishable or the weather is bad you can get it right away if you are home. UPS just drops and runs. I've so heard that FEdEx is structured so employees are "owners" of their vehicles and the cargo on them, do they have more incentive to do things correctly, although I'm not sure if that is true.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Pixiedust34

The box is here!! I walked down OUR block to see if it was delivered to the wrong house. No box. Dh decided to walk down the NEXT block to see if it was there. It was sitting on someone's porch!! I'm not sure how the FedEx person made that mistake because our address and the address of the house where it was delivered are easy to find, but I'm happy that the box is here!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Fed ex once sent me a postcard saying they could not find my address so they were sending the package via US Mail.

Oddly enough they had delivered a package to my house just a week before. And were regularly seen in our neighborhood delivering other packages.

I called and asked what the problem was and they gave me some line about my house not being on some list or something (don't know why, my house at the time was over 10 years old). I asked if they had access to the internet. They said yes, and I suggested they use google maps or something next time.

They never had a problem finding my house again.

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
hiwaygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
The box is here!! I walked down OUR block to see if it was delivered to the wrong house. No box. Dh decided to walk down the NEXT block to see if it was there. It was sitting on someone's porch!! I'm not sure how the FedEx person made that mistake because our address and the address of the house where it was delivered are easy to find, but I'm happy that the box is here!
That is crazy! I would call the back and let them know the driver screwed up. It is kind of scary that a driver cannot read a simple address correctly, yet they are trusted to drive a huge truck around and read signs to get where they are going. I wonder if they rely strictly on GPS and don't even check to make sure the house numbers match??? Glad you got your package!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

There are major FedEx delivery issues at the university where my oldest DD attends. So much so that I cannot believe I haven't heard anything about a class action lawsuit. I've never seen anything like it. Not at all like the delivery we receive from FedEx at home or I've seen at work. We're talking a major university & packages get delivered somewhere in the neighborhood -- roughly. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it 3 times. That's their 3rd strike & they will get no more of my business shipping things there.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
DonaldDuck80
Earning My Ears

I worked for FedEx for three years and I can confirm that FedEx Ground contracts out, so it's an incentive to do well cause mistakes come out of the owner of the route's pocket. My boss instructed me thoroughly on every procedure so I didn't cost him money. Plus FedEx Ground drives the same route every day so unless the driver was new or simply didn't pay attention, they should have had no problem finding you. My info is merely off FedEx Ground, if it became FedEx Express, they're a different division. I think they're actually FedEx employees........
DonaldDuck80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
itsheresomewhere
Mouseketeer

Fedex has several times delivered my packages to another house that has the same address as me but either wrong town and once the wrong state. Thankfully, those people were very nice. My favorite was the day Fedex called me to tell me they couldn't find my house while sitting in the truck in front of it.
itsheresomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
clutter
Princess's Mom
The TF is sorry that you were overlooked, we've been really busy lately! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsheresomewhere View Post
Fedex has several times delivered my packages to another house that has the same address as me but either wrong town and once the wrong state. Thankfully, those people were very nice. My favorite was the day Fedex called me to tell me they couldn't find my house while sitting in the truck in front of it.
Can I just chuckle at your name, given the topic at hand?
clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
Pixiedust34

I did call FedEx to let them know we found it a block away so they could cancel the trace on the package. I was a bit taken aback by the fact that there was no apology or admittance that they made a mistake. Had my dh not walked that far from home, who knows how long it would take (if ever) for us to get our package?

I have a few more packages coming, and at least one is a FedEx package. I hope the rest of the deliveries go smoothly!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #15
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
It's funny how the same company can get different reviews in different areas. Around here, FedEx is much more dependable than UPS. FedEx actually rings the doorbell so if you have something perishable or the weather is bad you can get it right away if you are home. UPS just drops and runs. I've so heard that FEdEx is structured so employees are "owners" of their vehicles and the cargo on them, do they have more incentive to do things correctly, although I'm not sure if that is true.
same here..Fed Ex always delivers to my back door..and knocks or rings the bell or yells Fed Ex..UPS guy parks across the street, runs up the steps of the banked hill, and throws the pkgs onto my porch..sometimes they make it, sometimes I find them in the yard!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: