Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
orion2185
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 244

WDW Bay Lake 3 bedroom?

Does anyone know if the 3 bedroom grand villas still exist at Bay Lake Tower?

website is only showing me 2 bedroom ones.

or, is there a special process to book one of these?
orion2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Good question. Both the DVC Rental Store and David's DVC websites show the 3-Bedroom Grand Villas. But the WDW site does not.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,826

Maybe since there are so few and mostly owned by owners,there aren't really any for cash ressies?? i know some of the other DVC resorts with 3bdr villas book them fast .
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion January 2015
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,923
DISboards Moderator

If you wanted to book a Grand Villa (3-bed) at Bay Lake tower, your best (and cheapest) bet would be to try and rent the points to do so from a DVC owner. I am fairly sure that these are not available to book through CRO.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
orion2185
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 244

thanks everyone

bummer I would like to book it.

I know this is such a newbie question
but how does one go about renting points?

I seam to recall from the past- if you rent points- you have no control over the reservation...nor can you contact disney about it.
which makes me very worried

though I know allot of people do it.


any other villas that we can not rent points?
orion2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2
 
MinnieGirl33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,682

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2185 View Post
thanks everyone

bummer I would like to book it.

I know this is such a newbie question
but how does one go about renting points?

I seam to recall from the past- if you rent points- you have no control over the reservation...nor can you contact disney about it.
which makes me very worried

though I know allot of people do it.

any other villas that we can not rent points?

If having no control makes you worried then renting points may not be for you.

Services like David's do minimize some of the risk but you are correct in that the DVC owner will always own your reservation and theoretically has the power to cancel your res up until the very last minute. ME & DDP must be arranged by the owner. Disney will not talk to you about anything conneted to the res & you will have absolutely no recourse with WDW if something goes awry.

Just do your homework & make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into before jumping in to the rental pool simply because it is more cost effective.


ETA: I believe most if not all Grand Villas are held for members & not available to book through CRO. IF Central Res did have availability, I would guess it to be at SSR since they have more GV inventory.
__________________
Me DH DS20 DS17 Minnie Mia


MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2185 View Post
thanks everyone

bummer I would like to book it.

I know this is such a newbie question
but how does one go about renting points?

I seam to recall from the past- if you rent points- you have no control over the reservation...nor can you contact disney about it.
which makes me very worried

though I know allot of people do it.


any other villas that we can not rent points?
There are several threads over on the DVC board that address how to rent points.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
If having no control makes you worried then renting points may not be for you.

Services like David's do minimize some of the risk but you are correct in that the DVC owner will always own your reservation and theoretically has the power to cancel your res up until the very last minute. ME & DDP must be arranged by the owner. Disney will not talk to you about anything conneted to the res & you will have absolutely no recourse with WDW if something goes awry.

Just do your homework & make sure you understand what you are getting yourself into before jumping in to the rental pool simply because it is more cost effective.


ETA: I believe most if not all Grand Villas are held for members & not available to book through CRO. IF Central Res did have availability, I would guess it to be at SSR since they have more GV inventory.
BLT is pretty much sold out to members, so there is relatively little inventory to reserve for cash through Disney Reservation Center unless a member trades their BLT stay for a non-DVC Disney stay (like DCL).

The inventory available for cash stays usually comes from trades by Members for non-DVC Disney stays and unsold inventory (AKV has a bunch of unsold inventory at this time, also Aulani).
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
BLT is pretty much sold out to members, so there is relatively little inventory to reserve for cash through Disney Reservation Center unless a member trades their BLT stay for a non-DVC Disney stay (like DCL).

The inventory available for cash stays usually comes from trades by Members for non-DVC Disney stays and unsold inventory (AKV has a bunch of unsold inventory at this time, also Aulani).
One of my co-workers bought into BLT and they even missed their own window to book their trip this year!
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place
 
bookwormde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,569

Inside of 60 days you will sometimes see a few days that come over to CRO through breakage. You will see SSR often and even some RCI trade outs
__________________
bookwormde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
meredith1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 894

I tried renting points through David's when my 11 month window opened up for December-I had my application and deposits in several months prior to my window opeing. He didn't have enough points for me for a two bedroom so, i had to get the room through Disney. My guess is that he won't have the points for the Grand Villa if he didn't have enough for a two bedroom.
__________________
Dec, 2011-Contemorary Resort/TPV
Dec, 2013-Grand Floridian/TPV

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
I tried renting points through David's when my 11 month window opened up for December-I had my application and deposits in several months prior to my window opeing. He didn't have enough points for me for a two bedroom so, i had to get the room through Disney. My guess is that he won't have the points for the Grand Villa if he didn't have enough for a two bedroom.
David is just a broker. He doesn't reserve the villas himself. He has another member who has given him their name as a contact and the number of points they have to rent out. Sometimes he doesn't have enough members with points at the resorts the non-members want. So until he finds another member with the points needed, you don't get a reservation.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring City, PA
Posts: 530

It is possible to book a 3 bedroom villa as a cash reservation but it must be called in and depends, of course, on availability. I am a Disney TA and was able to reserve the grand villa at BLT for clients travelling in September.
__________________
Lauren, wife of D, mom of 3 cute dancing girls

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.