Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #2506
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Any thoughts on how far in advance I need to book a 2br suite at the villas for 1/1/14 stay for 7 night?
We went this year but had to do a split stay b/c the bwv wasn't available the whole week and I DO NOT want to switch hotels again. With a family of 5, packing and unpacking was to much.
11 months if you are using points, possibly walking the reservation. Cash? It might not be available.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #2507
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

11 months if you are using points, possibly walking the reservation. Cash? It might not be available.
I'm not sure what you mean by walking the reservation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #2508
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by walking the reservation.
If you are booking on points, you start about a week or so before the first night you need. Then the next day you dropthe first day and add another day, until you get the days you need. Members sometimes to this for hard to get reservations.

So if you were booking Jan 1, you start today and book Dec 24 through Dec 30. Tomorrow you drop Dec 24 and add Dec 31. The next day you drop Dec 25 and add Jan 1. And so on.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #2509
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

If you are booking on points, you start about a week or so before the first night you need. Then the next day you dropthe first day and add another day, until you get the days you need. Members sometimes to this for hard to get reservations.

So if you were booking Jan 1, you start today and book Dec 24 through Dec 30. Tomorrow you drop Dec 24 and add Dec 31. The next day you drop Dec 25 and add Jan 1. And so on.
Thanks for the great advice.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #2510
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Just booked 1BR Villa

We are so excited!! Booked it through RCI, so not sure what we will end up with. What can I request? I know I do NOT want to be first floor. Can I even request this as it's an RCI reservation? We are going in June, never done that before, so worried about crowds, but we will deal with that. We have stayed in a studio before, but only for two nights before a BLT check in. We just love the location of the Boardwalk, can't beat it!! We could have gotten a 2BR at VWL, but went for the location over space. Love reading through this thread!!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #2511
annej

Mouseketeer

We are staying at the BWI water view in March. WOndering if I can request a king bed? And also, are there ground floor rooms - i assume these would be on the boardwalk? I don't really want to end up on the ground floor so I want to make that request if it is possible to have a ground floor room.
TIA!
1972 - Day trip with mom and dad! 1983 - EPCOT was new! 1988 - 2 day trip 1989 - Day trip on Honeymoon! October 2000 - Off Site January 2003 - WL Nov/Dec 2005 - POR/Poly January 2007 - POLY March 2008 - CR Tower - MK View! September 2008 - offsite/GF!! Feb 2009 - WL !April 2009 - GF - MK View! Nov 2009 - Adult only trip - Poly MK View Jan 2010 - Poly CL - MK View: March 2011 - CR TPV! Jan 2012 - Poly CL! Nov 2012 - POR/BLT Lakeview March 2013 - BWI with DH! October 2013 - BWI with DD and DMom! January 2014 - WL with the Hubby! October 2014 - CR Tower TPV!
Me DH DD22 DS18DSinLaw:29

Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #2512
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
We are so excited!! Booked it through RCI, so not sure what we will end up with. What can I request? I know I do NOT want to be first floor. Can I even request this as it's an RCI reservation? We are going in June, never done that before, so worried about crowds, but we will deal with that. We have stayed in a studio before, but only for two nights before a BLT check in. We just love the location of the Boardwalk, can't beat it!! We could have gotten a 2BR at VWL, but went for the location over space. Love reading through this thread!!
More than likely you will have a pool/garden view. So either one of the two pools at BWV. I'd take the leisure pool (or oftenly called the quiet pool because it isn't themed) instead of Luna Park (the themed pool) because Luna Park tends to be noisier.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #2513
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
For a view of Illuminations, you'd have to be booked in a STD CL room (or STD room) and request an Epcot/Illuminations view. The Epcot view rooms face the garden and quiet pool area and are on the opposite side of the Inn from the BW/Crescent Lake view rooms. You can also see Illuminations from the CL lounge balcony.
I wish I had a better view on my phone, but we stayed in room 3007. A 2 BR villa with a Boardwalk View. We were directly above the DVC model until on the boardwalk next to the Big River Grill and we had a nightly view of the fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony. If we stepped on to the balcony, we could even hear the music from the boardwalk. It's kinda hard to tell in this photo (some friends we went with showing off their Goofy and Kids Race bling) but just over the woman's left shoulder is ESPN and in the middle is Spaceship Earth.

The fireworks from Illuminations would appear nightly just over where she is standing.

Obviously, it isn't everything in the show, but could still see alot.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #2514
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pics of the boardwalk bakery since the refurb started? Wanted to see how it's going.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #2515
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in to say hi, we leave early tomorrow morning for a week in a Boardwalk view studio. We're hoping for lowish crowds, beautiful weather and a laid-back week.

I'll post pictures of the villa and view when we get there. Let me know if anyone has any questions (about Boardwalk or otherwise) you'd like me to try to get answers for while I'm there.

Thanks to everyone who participates in this thread, it's such an invaluable resource and really makes me excited to go "home" to Boardwalk.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2516
cruella4me64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
More than likely you will have a pool/garden view. So either one of the two pools at BWV. I'd take the leisure pool (or oftenly called the quiet pool because it isn't themed) instead of Luna Park (the themed pool) because Luna Park tends to be noisier.
What category do you have to be booked to request Village Green? Thank you!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #2517
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran

We are considering a BWV stay rather than the Inn for December - I've read some negative reviews that the rooms are in need of a refurb - would love to hear some feedback from those who have recently stayed, are they okay or in need? We are thinking of a 1 bedroom.

Also, are the showers separate from the tubs in the 1 bedroom?

Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #2518
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post
We are considering a BWV stay rather than the Inn for December - I've read some negative reviews that the rooms are in need of a refurb - would love to hear some feedback from those who have recently stayed, are they okay or in need? We are thinking of a 1 bedroom.

We just came back last week from a stay at the BWI. We stayed in 2 different rooms on the 4th floor standard CL. Moved from the first room due to some noise issue. Both rooms were in very good condition (IMO). I didn't notice any stains on the carpet or couch and the furniture looked to be in good shape. Also, the bathrooms in both rooms appeared clean. The grout in the tub area of both rooms looked white with no apparent stains, which is always a good thing.

I've also read where some have posted a musty smell. I didn't notice any odor at all while in the rooms or hallway. Of course, I can't speak for all locations within the hotel, but everywhere I went within the hotel, I didn't notice this. It is such a lovely resort.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #2519
Bellabully
Official Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday View Post

The rooms are in fair condition, I would prefer BWV for the extra space it will provide, and if you are doing 1 bedroom the full kitchen is a nice option. The shower in the 1 bedroom is separate from the tub, the tub is in a dressing room area and the shower and toilet are next to it, you can close the door between them (pictures available through link at the beginning of this thread).
Enjoy you trip!

Me DH DD
September 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2011 & June 2012: Boardwalk Villas, April 2013: Beach Club Villas/Boardwalk Villas, April 2014: Beach Club Villas, April 2015 Beach Club Villas
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #2520
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
We just came back last week from a stay at the BWI. We stayed in 2 different rooms on the 4th floor standard CL. Moved from the first room due to some noise issue. Both rooms were in very good condition (IMO). I didn't notice any stains on the carpet or couch and the furniture looked to be in good shape. Also, the bathrooms in both rooms appeared clean. The grout in the tub area of both rooms looked white with no apparent stains, which is always a good thing.

I've also read where some have posted a musty smell. I didn't notice any odor at all while in the rooms or hallway. Of course, I can't speak for all locations within the hotel, but everywhere I went within the hotel, I didn't notice this. It is such a lovely resort.
Can I ask what the noise issue you had was?

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: