Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #91
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

T -2. Yay!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #92
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Matkensgirl - Beautiful family!! Can't wait for more PTR updates!
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #93
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Yesterday was really tough. I had a very long work day that did not finish until 7pm. Then I had to run to the grocery because... well we live in the south and there was a threat of bad weather so that mean we have to run to the store and stock up(incase we get trapped in our house for three weeks)

It would have been so much easier for me to swing by the local mexican restaurant which is in the same strip as the grocery and bring some home. It was almost 8pm by the time I got out of the grocery and I was starving. The only thing that stopped me was my desperate need to post a T- today. Thanks to the DIS for giving me the strength to pass up my biggest weakness - mexican food!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #94
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

T- 2.5
Old 01-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #95
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22 View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to join some people who are doing it too!! I will of course keep you updated! I can't wait to hit the 100 mark!! Has anyone tried the TapouT XT work out videos? I saw it today on Dr Oz and it looks great! I am thinking of getting it!
I saw this too! We have insanity which is similar I think, but all the jumping really was hard on my joints, I think tapout might be the same way, but the people look like they are getting fabulous results which is enticing.

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #96
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

T-2.4 total loss 15 since December 30th, 20112

Another good week, managed to keep eating healthy and hit all 3 classes and added a couple of hours at the walking track. We are 98 days to our trip - how low can I go?????
3Rouselings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #97
matkensgirl2000
Mouseketeer

To start off, I weighed in today and I'm at T-1.8, which means I'm up .6 from last week I'd like to blame it on my desperate, hormone-induced need for Mexican and brownies the past two days. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it could be since I did pretty well the rest of the weeks and got in a few Just Dance marathons (beat my mom at Thriller AND Billie Jean, thank you). I was actually sore in my back from that!!

Hey, when you guys are reporting your T-minuses are you making sure that your number is your total weight loss from your baseline (T)? Just checking.

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to join some people who are doing it too!! I will of course keep you updated! I can't wait to hit the 100 mark!! Has anyone tried the TapouT XT work out videos? I saw it today on Dr Oz and it looks great! I am thinking of getting it!
There is something that is big here that everyone is trying..Crossfit, I think? I wonder if they're similar. It is going to be SUCH a big deal to hit that 100 mark. Way to go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Matkensgirl, what a beautiful family you have! Your daughter looks just like you!!! How did you manage to get a good photo of five people, and a little guy in the mix as well??? I can't seem to get a good photo of my family with two teens. That's gotta be some kind of mommy fail on my part.
Ha!! Thank you. There were at least four cameras going at one time so we had the odds on our side that at least ONE would turn out ok. That one's pretty blurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
T -2. Yay!
Good job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Matkensgirl - Beautiful family!! Can't wait for more PTR updates!
Thank you very much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Yesterday was really tough. I had a very long work day that did not finish until 7pm. Then I had to run to the grocery because... well we live in the south and there was a threat of bad weather so that mean we have to run to the store and stock up(incase we get trapped in our house for three weeks)

It would have been so much easier for me to swing by the local mexican restaurant which is in the same strip as the grocery and bring some home. It was almost 8pm by the time I got out of the grocery and I was starving. The only thing that stopped me was my desperate need to post a T- today. Thanks to the DIS for giving me the strength to pass up my biggest weakness - mexican food!
Which is the point of the whole thread!! How easy it would've been to console yourself with brownies or Mexican (see above) but you were STRONG!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rouselings View Post
T-2.4 total loss 15 since December 30th, 20112

Another good week, managed to keep eating healthy and hit all 3 classes and added a couple of hours at the walking track. We are 98 days to our trip - how low can I go?????
Good job!! Wow, in less than a month you lost 15 lbs. Now that encourages me!! How low can you go, how low can you go... 14 weeks to go!!

All-Star Sports May '99
All-Star Music September '02
Grand Floridian Concierge May '06
POP May '08
POFQ May 2010
May 2011 Beach Club CL
May 2013 POR

My First PTR and maybe a weight loss story thrown in
PTR: Getting Skinny for Disney

Last edited by matkensgirl2000; 01-25-2013 at 04:57 PM.
matkensgirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #98
blakrose9999
Mouseketeer

I'm a little late but I'd like to join in too.
DH and I are going back to the world May 11th - 20th and using a recently purchased DVC for the first time. We are staying the first 5 nights at AKL- jambo and the last 4 at BLT, we are going back for flower and garden and we will be there for my fist SWW.
I'd really like to get down to my goal weight and lose about 30 pounds before then. So I can finally feel I look good in pictures since we always do photopass as I only get one week a year (vacation week) that DH doesn't fight me on getting his picture taken. I was always really active and could eat what I wanted so I never kept good eating habits. Then when I graduated and got my office job as well as got into a relationship with my now DH (less partying more staying in) in my mid 20's I put on the weight. I did really good and lost almost 40 pounds 2 summers ago due to home renovations. But since then have been stuck trying to lose the last 30.
To accomplish my goal I'm trying to keep better eating habits, more fruit, veggies and water less junk. For exercise I plan on walking with my sister in law a few days a week (once we get out of the teens.. BRRRR!), walk with my 8 month puppy, wii fit and xbox Kinect.

flowers, gardens, star wars, food and wine... My 1st pre-trip report
blakrose9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #99
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

Just ordered my TapouT XT workout system!! Should be here in 5-7 days!! Wish me luck!!

92 lbs down 128 to go!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #100
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

Quote:
Just ordered my TapouT XT workout system!! Should be here in 5-7 days!! Wish me luck!!

92 lbs down 128 to go!
Wow - 92 pounds down you are an inspiration. Way to go and good luck with TapouT XT.
3Rouselings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #101
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrose9999 View Post
DH and I are going back to the world May 11th - 20th and using a recently purchased DVC for the first time. We are staying the first 5 nights at AKL- jambo and the last 4 at BLT, we are going back for flower and garden and we will be there for my fist SWW.
I'd really like to get down to my goal weight and lose about 30 pounds before then. So I can finally feel I look good in pictures since we always do photopass as I only get one week a year (vacation week) that DH doesn't fight me on getting his picture taken. I was always really active and could eat what I wanted so I never kept good eating habits. Then when I graduated and got my office job as well as got into a relationship with my now DH (less partying more staying in) in my mid 20's I put on the weight. I did really good and lost almost 40 pounds 2 summers ago due to home renovations. But since then have been stuck trying to lose the last 30.
To accomplish my goal I'm trying to keep better eating habits, more fruit, veggies and water less junk. For exercise I plan on walking with my sister in law a few days a week (once we get out of the teens.. BRRRR!), walk with my 8 month puppy, wii fit and xbox Kinect.
Glad you are joining in. We are also going in May and my weight loss goal is also 30lbs!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #102
carolinamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22

92 lbs down 128 to go!
That sounds cool! Be sure to share your experience!
Good luck with your amazing journey!
carolinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #103
matkensgirl2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrose9999 View Post
You are living my dream doing DVC!! I am so excited about F&G Festival. When we went in 2006, it fell while we were there and I just loved it but the last few times we've been, we've missed it by one weekend. So finally it will be back. This is the first time I've ever heard of it overlapping with SWW. I could really take or lose SWW but my boys have interest.
Your weight gain story sounds like mine...gained a lot of weight once I got my man!! Then I lost about 30 but pretty much gained most of it back. I think your plan for loss sounds great!

Quote:

92 lbs down 128 to go!
Luck!!!!!!!!!

All-Star Sports May '99
POP May '08
POFQ May 2010
May 2011 Beach Club CL
May 2013 POR

Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #104
matkensgirl2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamom View Post
That should have read "wedding"....I can do weeding at home....
I'm sure the folks in Islamadora would LOVE it if you did a little weeding for them!

All-Star Sports May '99
POP May '08
POFQ May 2010
May 2011 Beach Club CL
May 2013 POR

Old 01-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #105
matkensgirl2000
Mouseketeer

A little planning goes a long way!

I know people who have gone to Disney and swore they'd never go back. I tell them they have never done it the Matkensgirl Way. First of all, your time in the parks is much more pleasant if you at least have SOME structure (and it really helps a lot if you get the lay of the land). Secondly, to me, a good 40% of the fun of Disney is the planning and anticipation. Now, if I was a betting girl, I would bet that almost everyone on the DIS would agree with me. I think, also, a lot of people want to see a Disney vacation as just that...a vacation. I tell DH all the time that Disney is not a vacation...it's a trip...an adventure. Sure, you can definitely get some relaxation in, but I can hear my money clinking away if I am not up early to get my rides in or if I'm napping in the hotel. In fact, we always build in an extra day of vacation time after the trip so we can totally chill.

So, to wind away the dreary days of January, I have been planning my trip. Before, I could easily spend all day reading UG and the DIS but I really feel like I'm finally getting to know Disney well enough where I don't need to reread all that info like I used to. In fact, I get kinda burned out on that. Which is why I've been doing my planning in much smaller doses than usual.

Thus far, I've made most of my ADRs, renewed my subscription to touringplans.com, bought my 2013 UG on my Kindle (FYI, there's not a lot about the Fantasyland expansion in there) and made a few little purchases. I also started my Disney spreadsheet with park hours and UG crowd predictions but I still have only the haziest of ideas of where we'll be each day. I don't know if we'll do BBB for DD or a pirate experience for the boys. Last time, I took DD to a tea at Grand Floridian Cafe (we had a lovely time!). Will we do that? What shows/parades do we want to make it a priority to see?

Another question...my sister, BIL and their 6 (SIX!!) kids are considering coming the same time as us. We took them in 2008 (see my first PTR) but there were only 4 kids then and 2 were under 3 and she had one on the way. We enjoyed treating them but there's NO way we could swing that this time. I would love, LOVE to see my nieces and nephews at Disney but I know it could seriously throw a wrench in my need for structure. So, all the plans that I HAVE made so far could just go to pot

Wanna hear my ADRs so far? I'll put them in my next post!

All-Star Sports May '99
POP May '08
POFQ May 2010
May 2011 Beach Club CL
May 2013 POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: