Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3061
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I ordered some pins and want to have them shipped to me at the resort. Do I need to put my ressie # and check in date on the shipping label? Anything else?

Thanks. Five more sleeps!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #3062
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
I ordered some pins and want to have them shipped to me at the resort. Do I need to put my ressie # and check in date on the shipping label? Anything else?

Thanks. Five more sleeps!
Yes; you can see all the things you need to do and what methods of shipping in the sticky at the top of the board.
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #3063
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Andre!! Thank you so much, that is exactly what I need to see.

We are thinking we want a corner room but also need a HA room if my mom comes to meet us for a couple of nights, and secondly really want ground floor and there are 2 rooms that fit all our criteria perfectly. We are paying for standard RGR and do not care one bit about the view, so should I request these rooms specifically for our needs and wants, or list them and hope for the best, which could mean they upgrade us to meet all these wants?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #3064
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Yes; you can see all the things you need to do and what methods of shipping in the sticky at the top of the board.
Oops - thanks. I knew it was somewhere and I kept looking at the beginning of this thread. Didn't branch out far enough. LOL.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #3065
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
There's always a link to this in Venonhatch's signature.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2602
Thank you so much!!! That is awesome of Venonhatch! :-)
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #3066
hineline07
Earning My Ears

Smile Newbie

Hello, we will be going on our first ever trip to Disney on April 7-13 and will be staying in the RR at POR, my 5 year old DD is so excited as am I

Anyway, I have been looking online at crowd calendars for April, some say it will be a good time to go in April... But other day it's going to be so crowded... Idk what I expect. I didn't want to go during a busy time, especially since its out first trip AND we're taking our 3 month old DS... What do you guys think?

Also, would like any advice on don't miss tips for my 5 year old princess, as this trip is mainly for her! Thanks so much!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #3067
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre for the preferred room info.

Last time we stayed in Blding 16 and it was awesome. If I could guarantee that boring I wouldn't pay for preferred, however with my mother and mother in law coming along I felt it was worth it to pay for the preferred. The less walking for them the better.

I have a lust of must dog's this time that we didn't make time for during our last trip. Mainly the boat to DTD!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #3068
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
We are paying for standard RGR and do not care one bit about the view, so should I request these rooms specifically for our needs and wants, or list them and hope for the best, which could mean they upgrade us to meet all these wants?
You can specifically book the category of Accessible room that you require via the booking website, it's not so much something that you just request and hope.

Once you've booked the room type that your mom will need, put in a request for the location that you'd like. In this case, I think it would be quite acceptable to quote specific Accessible room numbers (list a few, in order of preference). Also make sure your own booking is linked to your mom's in the system, so that you get a room nearby. Contact them as early as you can, as these rooms tend to get pre-assigned rather than being allocated close to checkin date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
Anyway, I have been looking online at crowd calendars for April, some say it will be a good time to go in April... But other day it's going to be so crowded...
It all depends on when Easter falls. This year, Easter weekend is right at the end of March, so the first week in April will be very busy. However the crowds will start to drop significantly by the time you are due to arrive, so I would think you'll see fairly light off-peak levels. Not deserted, but not too manic either.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #3069
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2 View Post
Thank you so much!!! That is awesome of Venomhatch! :-)
No problem... Hope it helps you well.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3070
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I've been looking at the map on www.portorleans.org and I and I have a couple of questions:

1. It looks like there are lakes between the buildings in AB. Are those actually pools or are they lakes?

2. Ol' Man Island has has one big pool and 3 little blue circles.. are those hot tubs or kiddie pools?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #3071
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I've been looking at the map on www.portorleans.org and I and I have a couple of questions:

1. It looks like there are lakes between the buildings in AB. Are those actually pools or are they lakes?

2. Ol' Man Island has has one big pool and 3 little blue circles.. are those hot tubs or kiddie pools?

Thanks
1. Those are the three quiet pools; the shapes are different at AB to make them look a bit more rustic.

2. One is a hot tub; one is a kiddie wading pool; I forgot what the third one is at the moment.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #3072
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
2. One is a hot tub; one is a kiddie wading pool; I forgot what the third one is at the moment.
I think it's the puddle under the shower.

I'm going to take it out I think, it was on Disney's original map but I have no idea what it signifies.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #3073
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
i think it's the puddle under the shower.

andre
ha ha ha!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #3074
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
No problem... Hope it helps you well.
Me too! And you just fax it to the main (only?) fax number, correct?
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #3075
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I think it's the puddle under the shower.

I'm going to take it out I think, it was on Disney's original map but I have no idea what it signifies.

Andre
But I love splashing in puddles!

Thanks for the info Andre and Missy.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: