Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron View Post
Just when I had things going in the general direction of the theme of this thread, in comes my friend the Pirate, out of left field somewhere, to muddy the waters!! Instead of talking about Walts philosophy of HOW to do something, he brings up what Walt would want to do!! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I already conceded the point that I have no idea what Walt would have wanted to do. I said that in my response. Yes. YES!! YES!!!!! He WANTED to build EPCOT. Not what we have but the whole bleeding city!! Yes! We understand that.

But that wasnt the question. The question was, if (and I dont care what the reason was. It could be Roy needing financing, it could be his daughter mentioned a place she stayed, or it could be he dreamed a dream that a place called Pop Century would blight his precious land (how about that for a futuristic nightmare!!) It doesnt matter). But IF he got it into his head to build a resort HOW would he do it? Some say we will never know. But I think we have a pretty good idea. Would it be like the Floridian or like the Asian? Like The Beach Club or like the Persian? Like a value (take your pick) or like the Venetian?

And the funny thing is you agreed with me (unless that was your intention). You said:

Yes! You see it too! It would have been built under Walts philosophy. And that would indeed have been SPECTACULAR!!! Certainly NOT what we have.
I was not tring to disagree with you, my friend. Just postulating on MassJesters post, wondering what you guys might think.

I may be obtuse but I'm not tying to be schizophrenic, I just am.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: