DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
I think that people pay 10% commissions to the brokers base on the point value only, and not on closing cost of MR payment.
So even for you offering a higher price but asking to pay closing and MF it means paying the same total, the seller won't get the same money. The seller will pay 10% on a higher sum, so they'll earn less than if you pay closing and MF.
Good point. I'm curious, though, what percentage of sellers do you think are that sophisticated to figure that out?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I've been told that Disney likes it when the buyer pays closing costs as they can add that to your total per point cost in their bookkeeping. Makes it look like you paid more. Helps with ROFR.

Decide how much you want to pay total and then craft an offer that the seller can accept. Remember that AKV is a newer resort and people have paid more for it especially if they bought direct while on vacation. They most likely still owe more and that's why they are trying to sell. They NEED to get more out of it.

Good luck!
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #18
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer

I was looking at AKV, too, and I made about 5 offers for around $65 per point (200-300 pt range). All got rejected. I just kept waiting.

Then, one day, a contract I liked came up and I called immediately and offered full price because the list was 10% below typical list price for that point and resort combo (VWL $55 ppt 400 pts available now, 200 coming in August)

So my advice is simple: don't get too frustrated and wait for a motivated seller. Eventually a good contract will come along. The people who list at high price per point don't want to sell. They're just listing it to see what happens. If they wanted to sell they would lower their price. If they can't lower their price because they have a loan then they're not ready to sell yet.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
cfw213
DIS Veteran

I didn't read all the responses in this thread, but I agree with those who said to up your price per point for a few dollars and ask for MFs...I think since sellers have already paid that amount and you're basically just reimbursing them, it may sting a little less.

Also, what resale websites are you looking at? I was initially using TTS and getting rejected offers left & right. I switched to Fidelity & my first offer was accepted. Could just be luck of the draw though!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
I didn't read all the responses in this thread, but I agree with those who said to up your price per point for a few dollars and ask for MFs...I think since sellers have already paid that amount and you're basically just reimbursing them, it may sting a little less.

Also, what resale websites are you looking at? I was initially using TTS and getting rejected offers left & right. I switched to Fidelity & my first offer was accepted. Could just be luck of the draw though!
I've been offering what they are asking per point, so are you saying I should offer more than they are asking maybe? Yes, I have been trying through TTS and I am open to trying others since I don't feel like I am getting exceptional customer service or anything.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
I've been offering what they are asking per point, so are you saying I should offer more than they are asking maybe? Yes, I have been trying through TTS and I am open to trying others since I don't feel like I am getting exceptional customer service or anything.
I think they are saying to offer them less per point than what they are asking, and agree to pay costs + dues, rather than offer what they are asking but asking them to pay those.

I had luck pro-rating the monthly dues (closed in october, offered to reimburse 3 months of dues) and splitting closing costs. Also, don't be afraid to go back to the same seller with the same or lower offer if you notice they have been listed for a while. They may figure your offer is as good as it's going to get. If they've sold for what they are asking, then, they were right not to accept what you were offering.

As a PP said, it's a mind game to some degree -- just figure out the total you are willing to pay, and work from there.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: