Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
pat's mom99
Mouseketeer

CBR vs CSR

Just staying 2 days at the end of a week at a timeshare. I have a 13 yo son. We have been to the pool at CSR and liked it . I saw the pool at CBR and it looked cramped compared to CSR. My next question is about the pedal boats. Are they at both resorts? And last but not least bed size. Are there only double size beds at CBR? Do they have any queen size beds at CSR? Any pros and cons would be a great help.

Thanks

Me, DH & DS
pat's mom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at CSR so I can't compare that pool to the one at CBR, but we have stayed at CBR and we thought the pool was great. It has been redone since our stay and from the pics I've seen, it looks pretty nice. I can't answer your question about the pedal boats, but as far as the beds, CBR is the only mod that still has double beds. All of the others, including CSR, have queens.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
catheren
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both CBR and CSR. CSR, wins, hands-down! It has queen beds, the large pool (CBR's pool is too small IMHO). At CSR, it has a moderate-deluxe feel to it. No pedal boats at CSR and not sure about CBR.
catheren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed at CSR, but we have stayed at the other moderates and CBR is our favorite by far.

Others have answered about the beds.

CBR has paddle boats, sea raycers and pontoon boat rentals.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
rsleleux
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at both (2xs each) and while I really like everything at CSR, the look of the hotel and rooms and the Pepper Market Foodcourt, CSR is really far from the parks..lots of travel time to get to all parks except AK! CBR is closer and the pool is great, I don't really prefer CBR to CSR EXCEPT that it is closer. CSR has a great pool too! So I wouldn't consider the pools being a factor, they are both great! For me I don't like the extended travel time to get to parks. That is my biggest reason for not recommended CSR over CBR, location,location, location! I have recently switched from CSR and CBR to POR, which has best location IMHO! Hope this helps you make a decision! I honestly prefer CSR, CBR is not that impressive to me, but I do not like how far it is. I prefer to be centrally located! Have a great trip!

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: