Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Donna M
DIS Veteran

What information do I need when I do online check-in?

My alarm is set for midnight so I can get the 11-11:30 PAT, hopefully. What info should I have ready? Do I have to have Passport numbers, birthdates etc. Can I go back in during the day to add things?
Old 01-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

I just did this,Yes you need passports info I needed flight info, where you are staying before and after with addresses and phone number, credit card to set up on board charging.
Yes you can go back in. you need to do each stage before it would let you go on to the next

Jareds_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Name, address, date of birth, etc. for each person...pay source for onboard account, arrival/departure info and where you will be going after the cruise, passport or other ID number.

ANYTHING you enter can be edited later, so don't hesitate to accept a default and move on. For instance, if you don't have the credit card number, indicate that it is a cash account. Then a week from now, go back in and edit. Passport not handy, indicate birth certificate and later edit (unless your cruise requires passports).
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

On my past dis cruises I could input all our I'd info, birth dates, etc at any time after we booked now that is all part of the online checking when your 90 days etc is up?
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
oatway
Earning My Ears

Just wondering if being online at midnight to get this done ASAP is necessary for concierge guests?
oatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
texasgirl73
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatway View Post
Just wondering if being online at midnight to get this done ASAP is necessary for concierge guests?
Nope, the main reason people like to do on-line checkin as soon as they can is to get an early arrival time. Since you are concierge, you will not be assigned an arrival time. I did my on-line checkin at the 120 day mark just because I was excited.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
oatway
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl73 View Post
Nope, the main reason people like to do on-line checkin as soon as they can is to get an early arrival time. Since you are concierge, you will not be assigned an arrival time. I did my on-line checkin at the 120 day mark just because I was excited.
Thank you
oatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Honestly, I don't understand why people rush to do this at midnight. I just did this myself the other day, waited till almost noon of the following day, and had no problem with an 11:00 PAT and there were at least 5 cabanas left (not that I reserved one, yikes on the price!) I was also able to get Palo dinner and brunch, all times available. I don't know, does anyone else agree about this midnight thing? Don't stress out OP, you'll get everything you need. The online checkin is a breeze .
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Honestly, I don't understand why people rush to do this at midnight. I just did this myself the other day, waited till almost noon of the following day, and had no problem with an 11:00 PAT and there were at least 5 cabanas left (not that I reserved one, yikes on the price!) I was also able to get Palo dinner and brunch, all times available. I don't know, does anyone else agree about this midnight thing? Don't stress out OP, you'll get everything you need. The online checkin is a breeze .
Yeah, but what's your window? When you can't book until 75 days out (or even sometimes 90 days), a lot of stuff isn't available.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yeah, but what's your window? When you can't book until 75 days out (or even sometimes 90 days), a lot of stuff isn't available.
Ah yes, my apologies. I competely forgot about that. I am a CC silver member and maybe that is why everything was so easily available. Good luck to the OP!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
mannpeg729
Earning My Ears

Quick question...

This is our 2nd disney cruise...when do I get to do online check-in? Will I get an email or something or do I need to set myself a reminder? Thanks!

LOVE WINS!!!!!

mannpeg729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

As a silver member you do your check in at 90 days out. If you go to your reservation on DCL it will show you the date you can.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #13
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Excuse the ignorance - this is my first DCL cruise.
What is the advantage of doing online check in so early?
We are using DCL transport, (so I am assuming that will determine our PAT), and we do not wish to book any premium restaurants, cabanas etc. Can I not just check in at a later date?
Being from the UK, I am assuming that I will need passport numbers etc to check in and both mine and DS's will need renewing before the cruise. I was planning to get those done at the end of March.
Also, there will be three adults in our cabin, and we intend to each have a separate account and, thus, we will need to register three different credit cards to our cabin. Will this complicate matters?
Thanks for your help.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: