Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #331
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND

I have always wanted to suggest that instead of giving candy, gift cards, etc. to CMs that work in the kids clubs, people should give them condoms. However, being that this is a family site, I was afraid it wouldn't be an appropriate suggestion. Perhaps, I was wrong.

Mike
I am a huge supporter of free condoms. But seeing as a PP talked about accidentally walking into crew first aid and seeing a huge bowl of them out, like an RA's dorm room, getting them from guests does not appear to be necessary.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #332
davisdenyel
Mouseketeer

We had a unexpected moment when we where on the Magic. We were in the elevator and it stopped on another floor to let more people in and sure enough it was Chip and Dale! So me and my kids got to enjoy an elevator ride with the cutest chipmunks ever
davisdenyel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #333
tlkgt76
"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best thread EVER!!!

ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011
Disney Dream/Poly/CBR-Pirate - March/April 2013
Disneyland Hotel - September 2014
tlkgt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #334
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Took me a while to read ALL the pages, but glad I did. Poodle with an eye patch! HA!!!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #335
msbiscuit
Mouseketeer

'French poodle with an eye patch'...oh my...I'm sitting here at work with tears trailing down my face from laughing. I needed this; thank you! Bwahahahaha!
msbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #336
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic

One my first cruise ever (The Big Red Boat i was around 10) we were seated at dinner with a family whose son i guess got sick and rather than take him back to the stateroom and let him change clothes they brought him to dinner with well vomit all over his shirt i have a strong stomach but even i had problems eating that night and of course i had to sit next to him.

My dad on the last night of one of the cruises with out us (me, 2 DB's) i believe it was the Carnival Fantasy he was putting the luggage out and they had run into slightly higher than usual seas well he got flung out of the door (which closed behind him and locked) on to the other side of the hall way in his tighty whites and my step mom was fast asleep. She and the rest of our family thought it was hilarious but my dad not so much.

disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #337
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

I think on our last cruise, WE may have been the something shocking for some passengers.
The whole situation actually started on our first cruise, in 2011 on the Wonder. Two things happened- On pirate night and on Parrot Cay menu night, we realized that I am allergic to nearly all of the dishes available because of the spices added. Rather boring, but it set us up for our 'shocking' cruise the next year. The other plain Jane thing that contributed was that we had an AWESOME Palo server.
Now, fast forward 12 months. We had requested our same server for the MDR as our last cruise, and the same Palo server as well. Once boarding we found out our requested MDR server had left that day for vacation. Oh well. But to appease us, our family had a table alone.
The first night in the MDR our head server came over and told us that because I would miss out on 2 menus, it would be his pleasure to arrange his own surprise menu for us each night. Okay.... Cool. The next morning we went to Palo. Our former Palo server Vladimir had been promoted to officer, so he couldn't be our server. But they called him down, and so as we had brunch, this officer in his crisp white uniform comes down to see us, big hugs all around, brings us 'special' stuff from the kitchen. Unbeknownst to us, 2 tables from near us in the MDR were also having brunch, so now they had witnessed our special treatment the night before and now this morning. Every night in our MDR we had special service from the head server AND our former Palo server would stop in and chat, pull up a chair or bring us something special. The 2nd to last night we had dinner in Palo and our server sent back chocolate soufflés for the kids- and yep, one of those same families was there to see it. Also, because of his position as training officer, he was often just watching the wait staff- so we would often walk with him or chat during the day and yep, it looked like we had a special officer guide!!
I had no idea how all of this must look until at the Pirate party that night! Both families came up to us and asked WHO we were to get so much special attention!! They thought we were very rich or influential. Ummmm- nope. I don't think they believed us- because on the last night we somehow managed to get an awesome spot for the character parade where a member of the cruise staff made sure our daughter first got pictures with everyone. And yep- the same families were there to see it!
Trust me- we did nothing to demand this service, but we did enjoy it!!
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #338
Desi
Seek color and ye shall receive...
There are many Tag Fairies.... no-one said they're all girls though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbiscuit View Post
'French poodle with an eye patch'.... thank you! Bwahahahaha!
Cruise #1 Disney Magic Nov.14-21-2009 Double Dip
Cruise #2 Disney Dream Nov.13-18 2011
Cruise #3 Disney Fantasy Nov. 23-30 2013
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #339
MND
DIS Veteran

Thomas Kinkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodisneyfan View Post
Sorry - but your comparison is wrong.
Everyone eats in public - so a baby should be able to eat without a blanket in his face. NO ONE (legally) urinates/defecates in public.
You're comment made me think of Thomas Kinkade. We were on DCL cruise right after his death and they were sure hawking his "art". Enjoy the following story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1413217.html
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #340
garrettandkatesmom
Earning My Ears

There was an elderly lady on our recent cruise who pushed around two teddy bears in a double stroller the whole time. We saw her in Grand Cayman, at Senor Frogs in Costa Maya where the teddy bears were getting shots from the waitress, and pushing the stroller on Castaway Cay.
garrettandkatesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #341
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Shocking & unexpected? Hmmm...

I'd have to say it was when just dh & I cruised a 3nt. on the Dream not long after its maiden voyage. Our OBC covered our gratuity + some extra for our MDR servers who were awesome.
It was so nice to just BE on the ship, exploring it all so new, we didn't even spend anything extra!
I doubt I'll ever see a bill like that again!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #342
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettandkatesmom View Post
There was an elderly lady on our recent cruise who pushed around two teddy bears in a double stroller the whole time. We saw her in Grand Cayman, at Senor Frogs in Costa Maya where the teddy bears were getting shots from the waitress, and pushing the stroller on Castaway Cay.
I remember there was a post here...it may even be in this thread...about the reborn babies on the Disney Dream.

I can't copy and paste on this computer but if you go to youtube...type in "Reborn Disney Cruise Part 1". Dang, they look real! I probably wouldn't have noticed.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #343
tlkgt76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I remember there was a post here...it may even be in this thread...about the reborn babies on the Disney Dream.

I can't copy and paste on this computer but if you go to youtube...type in "Reborn Disney Cruise Part 1". Dang, they look real! I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Uhm....so I'm trying really hard not to be judgmental and to each his/her own,

but

These reborn things are kind of creepy. They're giving me the willies.
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011

Last edited by tlkgt76; 01-25-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #344
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=tlkgt76;47300518]Uhm....so I'm trying really hard not to be judgemental and to each his/her own,
QUOTE]

Yes. I didn't understand it at first but after seeing those videos on you tube I realized they are a hobby. As long as they are not chair hogs. LOL
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 01-25-2013 at 01:00 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #345
tlkgt76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
As long as they are not chair hogs. LOL
bahahahaaa!!!!! I'm glad I rented our CC tubes ahead of time (If I kick one of those off my floatie, will I get busted for child abuse or vandalism??). What would they do? Call me immature (uh, they're playing with a doll).

Honestly, I pray somebody with one of those does not end up sitting next to me at dinner. I'm liable to jump ten feet up in the air and accidentally throw my Mickey and Minnie silverware out the portholes trying to revive the little sucker.
ASM - September 2009
Pop/AKL - December 2011

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: