Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #31
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
2. The College Program is, in a word, awesome...if you have the right mindset. I recommend going later in your college career. Odds are you'll see it as what it is (A job) versus a giant frat party.
I agree, if you are over 21 you can live in a non-wellness apartment with older CPs. I found most of my problems where from roommates who were just too immature to be living away from home. You don't realize it but those 2 years between 18 and 20 really make a difference!

It was one of the best experiences of my life, yes sometimes the hours were long or inconvenient, you might wear a funny costume, guests will get mad at you for things you can't control, they pay was minimum wage and there are a lot of housing rules, but overall I had a great time and made friends all over the world! Clearly I enjoyed it as I want to return and make FL my home!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #32
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

For anyone interested in the Disney College Program, Disney Professional Internships, Disney Culinary Program, and Disney International Program, the following communication was sent out:

Quote:
Recruitment Dates

Disney College Program
The online application will be available in early February on disneycollegeprogram.com. Disney College Program Character Performer auditions will take place in March (specific dates, times, and locations are to be determined).

Disney Professional Internships
Summer-only Professional Internships are posted now on disneyinterns.com. Postings for Management Internships will appear late January. Fall Professional Internships, including internships only available to Disney College Program Alumni, will be posted in early February.

Disney Culinary Program
Culinary and Baking/Pastry students may now apply for this program on disneyculinaryprogram.com.

Disney International Programs
Please visit disneyinternationalprograms.com and contact the in-country agency to inquire about available opportunities.
For anyone looking for the message in it's entirety it can be found here!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney

Last edited by RogerRadcliffe; 01-18-2013 at 07:14 PM.
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
PrincessTor
Earning My Ears

Hi all! My name is Tori and I am currently a sophomore at Wake Forest University in North Carolina, double majoring in sociology and psychology with a minor in health & human services. I am hoping to be accepted to the DCP for Fall 2013! I'm still not sure which roles interest me the most, but I am leaning toward attractions, character attendant, and concierge as my top 3 (but will accept almost anything!). I have been looking forward to doing the DCP for a LONG time, and I'm so excited to finally apply!!

PrincessTor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
AnnaChristine
Earning My Ears

Hello all! My name is Anna, and I'm a fall 2013 hopeful! I attend BYU-Idaho, and I'm studying exercise physiology. I had a few questions for people that have already done it or have a lot of information. haha!

Does any know if Disney has come out wit the official dates of the program?

What is your favorite role? Or what is your first pick and why?

Which park is your favorite and why?

Any advice on the web-based interview or the phone interview?

Can you tell I'm slightly freaking out about all this? Haha! Thanks for all your help, guys! I am beyond excited to apply!
AnnaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #35
Wishes Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaChristine View Post
Hello all! My name is Anna, and I'm a fall 2013 hopeful! I attend BYU-Idaho, and I'm studying exercise physiology. I had a few questions for people that have already done it or have a lot of information. haha!

Can you tell I'm slightly freaking out about all this? Haha! Thanks for all your help, guys! I am beyond excited to apply!
Hi Anna!

They don't release official dates of the program until you are accepted. Fall Advantage runs from about June to Jan and regular Fall runs from around the end of Aug to Jan. Once you are accepted you can see what arrival and departure dates are available for you to select from.

As for the Web Based Interview, it is important to carefully read each question as they will ask the same ones in reverse. For example "I am always on time" or "I am never on time" you want to make sure you are answering them the say way (In this case whatever answer means you are always on time) Also try to think of the questions in regards to work, you might not always be on time when meeting friends but they want to know about work related things. Don't over analyze each question, just go with your first reaction and move on. Lots of people say you shouldn't pick "neutral" as a lot of answers but I don't know how true that is

For the phone interview, they will probably talk about your top 3-4 role choices. Most of the time they will ask why you want to do the CP or work for Disney and might ask you general questions based on your previous work history. Things like "Did you have to use a lot of cash handling skills when you worked at Target?". Other questions might deal with living away from home or with roommates. They might ask you if you want to do Custodial, Quick Service Food and Housekeeping, if you don't want to do those roles don't be afraid to tell them, it won't hurt your chances. Most important is to relax and SMILE! They can hear it in your voice! The interviewers are upbeat and put you at ease, so don't be nervous!

Good Luck!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #36
TheHundredth
Mouseketeer

HI! I'm Austin Anderson, I'm 19, a freshman at a local community college/tech school. I'm currently working towards an LPN and I really hope to shoot for Fall Advantage!

Also I would like to ask if you have any advice for a first time applicant.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #37
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:

Hey Anna, and Welcome!

1. Fall Advantage is going to run from June to January, whereas Fall is going to run from August/September to January. As Kate mentioned, your arrival and departure dates will vary depending on what your preferences/availability.

2. Everyone has their favourite role, just find what you would enjoy making Magic with the most!

3. I find all the parks to be amazing, but really try to find which is your favourite. What are your favourite rides? What sort of environment do you enjoy being in?

4. Advice for the Web-Based interview is to answer the questions as honestly as possibly, and when in doubt go with your gut. Casting is looking for what your strengths and weaknesses are, but think logically. Advice for the phone interview is to be prepared well before the day of! I've posted several links around here for practice interviews and everything else. The Disney Programs blog also has an information guide. I'm considering opening up a few Skype calls if anyone is interested in practicing as it would be a positive!

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHundredth View Post
HI! I'm Austin Anderson, I'm 19, a freshman at a local community college/tech school. I'm currently working towards an LPN and I really hope to shoot for Fall Advantage!

Also I would like to ask if you have any advice for a first time applicant.
Bonjour, Austin! Welcome!

My advice for a first-time applicant would be ask any and all questions that may come to mind! Don't be afraid to be outgoing. I'd also reccommend reading the older questions threads that are on the boards, as well as the Disney Programs Blog.

Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
AnnaChristine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Hi Anna!

They don't release official dates of the program until you are accepted. Fall Advantage runs from about June to Jan and regular Fall runs from around the end of Aug to Jan. Once you are accepted you can see what arrival and departure dates are available for you to select from.

As for the Web Based Interview, it is important to carefully read each question as they will ask the same ones in reverse. For example "I am always on time" or "I am never on time" you want to make sure you are answering them the say way (In this case whatever answer means you are always on time) Also try to think of the questions in regards to work, you might not always be on time when meeting friends but they want to know about work related things. Don't over analyze each question, just go with your first reaction and move on. Lots of people say you shouldn't pick "neutral" as a lot of answers but I don't know how true that is

For the phone interview, they will probably talk about your top 3-4 role choices. Most of the time they will ask why you want to do the CP or work for Disney and might ask you general questions based on your previous work history. Things like "Did you have to use a lot of cash handling skills when you worked at Target?". Other questions might deal with living away from home or with roommates. They might ask you if you want to do Custodial, Quick Service Food and Housekeeping, if you don't want to do those roles don't be afraid to tell them, it won't hurt your chances. Most important is to relax and SMILE! They can hear it in your voice! The interviewers are upbeat and put you at ease, so don't be nervous!

Good Luck!
Thank you so much! So, you said that they might ask me if I would be willing to do Custodial, quick service food, and housekeeping, and how if i said no, it wouldn't hurt my chances. The thing is, is I obviously rather do other things before I do any of those three, but if i can't, then I rather do custodial than not get in. Does that make sense? So should I put that I'm somewhat interested in custodial on my application? Or do you think they will automatically put me into custodial if I put it on my application?
AnnaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #39
Wishes Count

Quote:
Thank you so much! So, you said that they might ask me if I would be willing to do Custodial, quick service food, and housekeeping, and how if i said no, it wouldn't hurt my chances. The thing is, is I obviously rather do other things before I do any of those three, but if i can't, then I rather do custodial than not get in. Does that make sense? So should I put that I'm somewhat interested in custodial on my application? Or do you think they will automatically put me into custodial if I put it on my application?
On the application you are able to rank roles based on your interest from No interest to high interest. If you really have no interest in doing those roles and would not be happy in those roles I would pick "no interest." Otherwise select "low interest". This doesn't mean they would automatically stick you in one of those roles if you say you are interested, it's just that there are a lot of spots to fill for those roles. I think as long as you have interest in enough other roles you should be fine. I selected pretty much all the roles other than those and lifeguard.

Also my roommate worked custodial and absolutely loved it. You have very little managerial supervision and spend most of your time walking around talking to guests. Just wanted to let you know in case you were on the fence about it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #40
TheHundredth
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the odds of being picked your first time applying? I had a few friends that didn't get it until their 2nd time...
That makes me really nervous. I actually want this more than anything right now, and I intend on showing that.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #41
CMHopeful!
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.-- Walt Disney

Talking

Hello, fellow DCP hopefuls! My name is Marissa, and I have been dreaming of the day I can apply to the college program since middle school.

I am currently a first semester senior, theatre major- tech/design track, at Rowan University in NJ. If I get into the Fall '13 CP, I am hoping to complete my undergrad between taking several summer classes & the credits I would receive from doing the program. Basically, I want to graduate ASAP so that I will have the chance to either extend my program OR achieve my dream PI...the summer technical theatre internship.

If Disney accepts me, I am hoping it is just the start to my working for the most magical place on earth for the rest of my life!!!!!!

The top roles I would like are attractions, photopass, and costuming.
However, I will basically take anything Disney will offer me to get the chance to work for the Mouse & meet some incredible people.

Questions: Unfortunately there aren't many backstage jobs available for the CP aside from costuming, but even then it isn't necessarily "theatrical costuming" that most people would assume. So if I accepted a job in a different field, would I be hurting my chances of getting a PI to do with theatre? Am I better off trying to be a character attendant or something of that nature to get to know CMS in the entertainment field? I'M SO NERVOUS...THIS KS MY DREAM FUTURE PEOPLE!? Lol Sorry everyone, just super excited.

Lastly, I can't get onto my dashboard and they haven't sent me a password recovery yet??? can anyone help? I'm so worried that I won't be able to apply because I can't create a new account, since I have applied for a PI in the past. I want to apply the second the app opens, so I need to fix this ASAP.

Well, now that I have sufficiently introduced myself- I wish everyone luck & pixie dust on application day. I hope to meet you all in August!!!
Dec./ Jan. 1995/'96- My 1st visit to Disney World! ; off grounds- condo Aug. 2006- 7 Day trip to WDW; Disney's Pop-Century Resort Feb. 2008- 11 DAY 16TH BIRTHDAY TRIP TO WDW ; 1st night at the Animal Kingdom, remaining at Pop Century! May. 2010- Senior class trip!!! All-Star Movies Aug. 2010- 9 day trip to WDW; 1st 2 nights Pop- Century Resort, remaining at All-Star Sports...Nana's 1st trip to Disney World

Fall '13 CP Hopeful!:

<-----I wish...I wish to be Wendy Darling in Disney one day!
CMHopeful! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #42
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

Hey guys, I'm Katie!

I'm a freshman at Texas A&M-Corpus and I'll be applying for Fall 2013. I applied for Spring 2012 but was ultimately rejected, so I'm applying again for this next semester, which will actually end up working out better for me anyway. I'm a Chemistry/Theater double major with a minor in Vocal Performance, and my top three roles are Character Performer (hah, yeah right!), Character Attendant, and Attractions! It's nice to meet everyone!
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #43
Wishes Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHundredth View Post
Does anyone know the odds of being picked your first time applying? I had a few friends that didn't get it until their 2nd time...
That makes me really nervous. I actually want this more than anything right now, and I intend on showing that.
I was accepted the first time applying. I think it really depends on the roles you select and how you come across in your interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post
Hello, fellow DCP hopefuls! My name is Marissa, and I have been dreaming of the day I can apply to the college program since middle school.

I am currently a first semester senior, theatre major- tech/design track, at Rowan University in NJ. If I get into the Fall '13 CP, I am hoping to complete my undergrad between taking several summer classes & the credits I would receive from doing the program. Basically, I want to graduate ASAP so that I will have the chance to either extend my program OR achieve my dream PI...the summer technical theatre internship.

If Disney accepts me, I am hoping it is just the start to my working for the most magical place on earth for the rest of my life!!!!!!

However, I will basically take anything Disney will offer me to get the chance to work for the Mouse & meet some incredible people.

Questions: Unfortunately there aren't many backstage jobs available for the CP aside from costuming, but even then it isn't necessarily "theatrical costuming" that most people would assume. So if I accepted a job in a different field, would I be hurting my chances of getting a PI to do with theatre? Am I better off trying to be a character attendant or something of that nature to get to know CMS in the entertainment field? I'M SO NERVOUS...THIS KS MY DREAM FUTURE PEOPLE!? Lol Sorry everyone, just super excited.

Lastly, I can't get onto my dashboard and they haven't sent me a password recovery yet??? can anyone help? I'm so worried that I won't be able to apply because I can't create a new account, since I have applied for a PI in the past. I want to apply the second the app opens, so I need to fix this ASAP.

Well, now that I have sufficiently introduced myself- I wish everyone luck & pixie dust on application day. I hope to meet you all in August!!!
I don't think it would hurt your chances of getting into your field if you did a CP in a non entertainment line of buisness. Most CP roles don't match what people are studying anyway. I know someone who was a lifeguard on his CP and now is doing a Public Relations PI. CP is generally seen as a way for you to get your foot in the door, learn about the company and what it's values are. You can always use your leaders as a resource and see if they know anyone who works in entertainment that you could network with or possible job shadow.

As for your dashboard account, I think you just might need to wait and make a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantHeart View Post
Hey guys, I'm Katie!

I'm a freshman at Texas A&M-Corpus and I'll be applying for Fall 2013. I applied for Spring 2012 but was ultimately rejected, so I'm applying again for this next semester, which will actually end up working out better for me anyway. I'm a Chemistry/Theater double major with a minor in Vocal Performance, and my top three roles are Character Performer (hah, yeah right!), Character Attendant, and Attractions! It's nice to meet everyone!
Welcome! If you want character performer I say you head to an audition and go for it! You never know what could happen!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
KWollen
Earning My Ears

I want to do the hospitality PI after the college program, by for that u have to have three months experience working in a hotel if I do the college program but don't get the front desk or concierge could I still do the hospitality PI?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #45
PrincessTor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHopeful! View Post

Oh my gosh Marissa, you go to Rowan?! I am from Washington Township, NJ! Unfortunately I go to college in North Carolina, but still come home to TWP So rare to meet another person from that area!

PrincessTor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: