Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
nicjude
Earning My Ears

Buena Vista Suites

Has anyone ever stayed at the Buena Vista Suites. We need a 1 night reservation before we check into the Arts of Animation Suites. We usually arrive rather late in the afternoon or early evening and might use the pool for a little while, but otherwise we just need a place to sleep. The last 2 years we stayed at Comfort Suites Maingate East and it was fine. Just thought we might change it up this year.
nicjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

If we stay offsite, we stay at Buena Vista Suites. It is nice with a free breakfast. The pool is small but not usually too crowded. Check the website on Thursdays for their One Day Special. Any other day, check the daily specials. Right now, it is $84.99 for advanced purchase(non refundable and pay up front) or $89.99 for call in rates for travel through June 30,2013.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
If we stay offsite, we stay at Buena Vista Suites. It is nice with a free breakfast. The pool is small but not usually too crowded. Check the website on Thursdays for their One Day Special. Any other day, check the daily specials. Right now, it is $84.99 for advanced purchase(non refundable and pay up front) or $89.99 for call in rates for travel through June 30,2013.
Agree! We usually stay in a DVC resort on points Sun-Sat. We almost always fly in late Friday night so need a place for that first Friday and Saturday. We always stay at BVS. Very clean, very convenient, no resort fees, decent buffet breakfast, etc. The pool area isn't very big, but clean and never looks crowded.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Don't mean to hijack your thread, OP, but I have a few questions about BVS also ...

Can anyone tell me if soap/shampoo are provided? Anything in particular we should request (ie: upper floor, etc.)? Was there plenty of storage space? Any other details or info you'd like to share?

This would be our first time staying at this property. I'm a little nervous, but all the reviews I've read say I'm making the right choice. I just can't get the numbers to work staying at WDW ... even at POP, even with the Spring Deal.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

There is soap/shampoo provided. The bottles are really tiny, but there is daily housekeeping so they will be replaced.

The rooms are not horribly large. Definitely more space than a typical hotel room but not a true one bedroom. There is not a whole lot of extra storage space if you are pulling out the couch in the living area. There are some drawers out there in the entertainment center and some drawers and small closet in the bedroom, but that is about it.

We have been all over the hotel and haven't had a problem with noise. I would request the top floor if it really is a concern for you and at the ends away from the elevators (center of building).

I am not a huge fan of the bathroom layout. The bathroom and sink are in the bedroom area seperated from the living room by a door. If someone is sleeping in the living room they have to come into the bedroom to go in the bathroom. I think the door should be on the other side personally.

Since my mom travels with us, this hotel works fine for us for a night or two to give us that separation without the expense of a second hotel room. However, we would need more room for a longer trip. The buffet breakfast is nothing spectacular, but good enough for free. Saves us a lot of money from having to eat out.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
There is soap/shampoo provided. The bottles are really tiny, but there is daily housekeeping so they will be replaced.

The rooms are not horribly large. Definitely more space than a typical hotel room but not a true one bedroom. There is not a whole lot of extra storage space if you are pulling out the couch in the living area. There are some drawers out there in the entertainment center and some drawers and small closet in the bedroom, but that is about it.

We have been all over the hotel and haven't had a problem with noise. I would request the top floor if it really is a concern for you and at the ends away from the elevators (center of building).

I am not a huge fan of the bathroom layout. The bathroom and sink are in the bedroom area seperated from the living room by a door. If someone is sleeping in the living room they have to come into the bedroom to go in the bathroom. I think the door should be on the other side personally.

Since my mom travels with us, this hotel works fine for us for a night or two to give us that separation without the expense of a second hotel room. However, we would need more room for a longer trip. The buffet breakfast is nothing spectacular, but good enough for free. Saves us a lot of money from having to eat out.
Thank you so much for the information. We would be booking the king deluxe suite, and from the room layouts, it looks like we would have an additional sink inside the bathroom as well as outside. There are just the two of us.

As far as sq. ft., it is way more than what POP would be - 260 vs 590, and we figure at least it will have a small sofa and somewhere to watch TV at night other than in the bedroom. I must admit, the free breakfast is luring us away from WDW as well (we all know how much the food is there ).

Thanks again.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Thank you so much for the information. We would be booking the king deluxe suite, and from the room layouts, it looks like we would have an additional sink inside the bathroom as well as outside. There are just the two of us.

As far as sq. ft., it is way more than what POP would be - 260 vs 590, and we figure at least it will have a small sofa and somewhere to watch TV at night other than in the bedroom. I must admit, the free breakfast is luring us away from WDW as well (we all know how much the food is there ).

Thanks again.
Yes, it will be plenty of room for 2 people. There is also a CVS right across the street for snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc.

Don't forget about the cost to park at Disney if you are staying offsite. That would basically negate the cost of breakfast for 2 people. We get free parking with our PAP's so it isn't a concern for us. They do offer a free shuttle, but it only runs hourly and from what I understand pretty time consuming as it stops at multiple stops.

We do really like this hotel though and always find it to be a good value for our needs

Old 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Brer Shay
compulsive Disney planner

We've stayed there as an arrival day stopover. We were in a one BR suite - two queen beds plus a pull-out sofa. We had driven down and I had it arranged so that I only had to take one bag in for all of us instead of unpacking all the luggage. Breakfast was great, the pool was fine. Not a wow, but not bad either. If I had the need, we would definitely stay here again.

As PP mentioned, they run specials on Thursdays, so book on that day.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Yes, it will be plenty of room for 2 people. There is also a CVS right across the street for snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc.

Don't forget about the cost to park at Disney if you are staying offsite. That would basically negate the cost of breakfast for 2 people. We get free parking with our PAP's so it isn't a concern for us. They do offer a free shuttle, but it only runs hourly and from what I understand pretty time consuming as it stops at multiple stops.

We do really like this hotel though and always find it to be a good value for our needs
Thanks for the additional info. We would be paying OOP on this trip. From our past onsite experience, breakfast for us per morning would run approx. $26 (x 7 days = $182), and we'll only be visiting WDW parks for two days (parking $14 x 2 = $28), so paying to park will more than make up for what we'll be saving on food (just in breakfast alone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Shay View Post
We've stayed there as an arrival day stopover. We were in a one BR suite - two queen beds plus a pull-out sofa. We had driven down and I had it arranged so that I only had to take one bag in for all of us instead of unpacking all the luggage. Breakfast was great, the pool was fine. Not a wow, but not bad either. If I had the need, we would definitely stay here again.

As PP mentioned, they run specials on Thursdays, so book on that day.
Thank you for the info on Thursday specials - I'll definitely look into that!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

Huge fan, nice size especially if you have kids you want to put to bed, but still have another room to watch TV and have a beer. I've already booked my stay for 4 nights in May.

The b'fast isn't great overall, but it is much, much better than most free hotel b'fasts. Eggs cooked to order.
Getting on property is a breeze. You go right over I-4 and your there on Epcot Center Dr. Literally less than a mile and a half.

my $.02

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
g8torphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
rookie2
Mouseketeer

We booked with the mouse savers code and paid $245(tax included) for two nights. I don't think there were any blackout days. I tried a couple different pkgs but this was the cheapest.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
nicjude
Earning My Ears

I called in today and booked for 1 night for 89.95 plus tax. Thanks for the info
nicjude is offline   Reply With Quote