Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #1651
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

packing! What am I forgetting!

Well folks we are t minus 24 hours. This time tomorrow night we will be loading up the car for our journey to Orlando leaving this cold white stuff behind. That is, if weather cooperates and dh's flight from Toronto - Dulles gets in on time! <praying!>
I am taking a break from the suitcases, and checking my list to see what it is I am forgetting. I went over to the Tips thread and read through a bit. I've lost my packing mojo so I am going to read over the thread a bit and make a cup of hot tea. I should be reviewing the itinerary and checking our plans for the next 9 days but Im already yawning!
The "BTG" thread gave me a good fright so maybe I'd better get myself away from this computer for a while....i have visions of a sold out YC due to tour groups - EEKK!!!!
Any last minute advice, is welcome as I sit and gather my final thoughts. Seriously if all my planning goes to garbage, I just want my family to share a few days together in a beautiful resort making memories. Is that so wrong?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #1652
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7

Longest BC stay was 16 nights!

This year we are 6 nights at the Poly and 11 nights at BC!
Only 11 nights for us...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #1653
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Well folks we are t minus 24 hours. This time tomorrow night we will be loading up the car for our journey to Orlando leaving this cold white stuff behind. That is, if weather cooperates and dh's flight from Toronto - Dulles gets in on time! <praying!>
I am taking a break from the suitcases, and checking my list to see what it is I am forgetting. I went over to the Tips thread and read through a bit. I've lost my packing mojo so I am going to read over the thread a bit and make a cup of hot tea. I should be reviewing the itinerary and checking our plans for the next 9 days but Im already yawning!
The "BTG" thread gave me a good fright so maybe I'd better get myself away from this computer for a while....i have visions of a sold out YC due to tour groups - EEKK!!!!
Any last minute advice, is welcome as I sit and gather my final thoughts. Seriously if all my planning goes to garbage, I just want my family to share a few days together in a beautiful resort making memories. Is that so wrong?
It will all be great!!!

Make sure you have all your chargers (phone, camera) and/or batteries.

Have a fantastic time- hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #1654
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
.i have visions of a sold out YC due to tour groups - EEKK!!!!
We've stayed at the BC/YC many times at this time of year and haven't seen any big tour groups. There was a small group of cheerleaders staying there with plenty of mothers to watch over them, though.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #1655
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph
We've stayed at the BC/YC many times at this time of year and haven't seen any big tour groups. There was a small group of cheerleaders staying there with plenty of mothers to watch over them, though.
I don't think most tour groups stay deluxe.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1656
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
I don't think most tour groups stay deluxe.
We went the same week last year, and we stayed Poly Cl. One night we arrived back at Poly to find the main building overrun with a TG checking in - Id never seen such a large group! They took up the entire check in area and all the way out the back door towards the pool! The next morning we tried to get onto the monorail - and encountered the same group - and the herd of them were in line, the line stretched all the way through the building and back down the stairs....we opted to turn and head for the boat launch!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #1657
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for travel insurance. I'm thinking we should probably have it since this is going to be a rather big trip! Thanks! (If this isn't the right place to ask, just point me in the right direction )
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #1658
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hmmm.... Mr. Nannette snores like a bandit too!! Anyway maybe Jack can be bribed with a spoonful of sugar!!

~Nan
I thought I would pop in to say that that spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

To those of you about to leave, did you remember the extension cord that will make recharging the phones easier? Those phone recharger cords are at the top of the list of things we forget because we are charging the phone up until the moment we leave the house.

Also, someone really needs to bust down the barriers at Hurricane Hannah's and try that lobster and shrimp roll. I don't know which is worse, the pictures of those club level homemade chips or the thought of that lobster shrimp roll!

Don't worry about the foreign tour groups, or the killer bees, or the snakes on the plane. You all are going to have a great trip!

~NM
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #1659
vyrg
Lilipépite

Hi everyone

My husband wants to know if there is RJ45 socket on the wall in our room in Yacht Club because he wants to upload our HD videos during the night for sharing with our family.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #1660
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Hi everyone

My husband wants to know if there is RJ45 socket on the wall in our room in Yacht Club because he wants to upload our HD videos during the night for sharing with our family.

Thanks
Not anymore. The wired internet connections (RJ45) have been disabled. The only option is wifi now.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #1661
vyrg
Lilipépite

thank you very much to answer so quickly !
Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 AM   #1662
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for travel insurance. I'm thinking we should probably have it since this is going to be a rather big trip! Thanks! (If this isn't the right place to ask, just point me in the right direction )
My family uses Allianz Travel Insurance- used to be Access America. We used to purchase through our local AAA but now we just get a quote and purchase it online.

We have never had to put in a claim, thankfully, but a couple hundred bucks is worth having the security for us.

Who have others used?

Every once and awhile I see a thread about travel insurance- maybe on the Theme Park boards or in Transportation. You can do a search if you want a few more names.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #1663
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Woke up to 10 degree weather and snow this morning. 217 more days until our trip. It feels like forever.

I know in a few hours when I'm at the office looking at my goals for 2013, I'll be thinking, "Oh no! January is nearly gone! Time's going too fast!"

But not this morning . . .

Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #1664
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
My family uses Allianz Travel Insurance- used to be Access America. We used to purchase through our local AAA but now we just get a quote and purchase it online.

We have never had to put in a claim, thankfully, but a couple hundred bucks is worth having the security for us.

Who have others used?

Every once and awhile I see a thread about travel insurance- maybe on the Theme Park boards or in Transportation. You can do a search if you want a few more names.
We also use Allianz. I have heard that if you buy Disney insurance that is who they use as well, only theirs is quite a bit more expensive. I have never had to use Allianz personally but children are free on the plan which is nice. They also have always been quick about sending me my paperwork. I checked a lot of reviews online and, unfortunately, most insurance places have mixed reviews at best. I ended up going with Allianz because it had the most positive reviews out of all of them, because Disney also uses them (figure there must be a reason for that), because Mousesavers recommends them, and also their prices are competitive. Good luck OP!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #1665
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Woke up to 10 degree weather and snow this morning. 217 more days until our trip. It feels like forever.

I know in a few hours when I'm at the office looking at my goals for 2013, I'll be thinking, "Oh no! January is nearly gone! Time's going too fast!"

But not this morning . . .
10 degrees sounds nice. Lol. You must live close to us. Woke up this morning and went to the weather channel. It said 7 degrees outside...but feels like -1. Going to be another lovely day at the bus stop!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: